The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion Data best players in the AFL over the last 6 weeks.

1- Hayden Young.

6- Cam Rayner.

How good is Logan going to be; what an inspired selection by the recruiting team who nailed this pick 31 and no doubt, 17 other clubs have to be kicking themselves at missing out. I mean, if the draft was being re-done which you see threads like these on the Draft board, he'd have to go close to being top 10 wouldn't he?

How good is Logan going to be; what an inspired selection by the recruiting team who nailed this pick 31 and no doubt, 17 other clubs have to be kicking themselves at missing out. I mean, if the draft was being re-done which you see threads like these on the Draft board, he'd have to go close to being top 10 wouldn't he?

The thing I like about him the most is that he has just got footy smarts.
Always looking to play on as quick as he can and sets up others by just playing smart footy.
He was also very close to taking so many contested marks yesterday, he will tear a game apart with his contested marking one day.
Another pre-season or 2 to get stronger and fitter and he could be the number 1 pick of the draft.
Who’s Harley?

Edit: Had Wilkie on him yesterday too, who is probably projected to be an AA defender again.

Always looking to play on as quick as he can and sets up others by just playing smart footy.
He was also very close to taking so many contested marks yesterday, he will tear a game apart with his contested marking one day.
Another pre-season or 2 to get stronger and fitter and he could be the number 1 pick of the draft.
Who’s Harley?

Edit: Had Wilkie on him yesterday too, who is probably projected to be an AA defender again.
Yeah, on the coverage he still looks like a kid, well he is anyway and I to thouht the same that after a few pre-seasons and putting on muscle and generally getting fitter and stronger, he is going to be a weapon and a serious contested mark becuase he already doing it now as a kid. Exciting times ahead for the young lad.

Who’s Harley?

Pretty sure he took a contested mark against Wilkie.

Pretty sure he took a contested mark against Wilkie.
Very impressive mark too, Wilkie was all over him.
Jack Riewoldt was very impressed with Logan Morris particularly his body work.

Riewoldt is somebody I would compare Morris to re playing style and how good he could potentially be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Riewoldt was very impressed with Logan Morris particularly his body work.

Riewoldt is somebody I would compare Morris to re playing style and how good he could potentially be.
If Morris ends up as good as Jack Riewoldt (footy wise) we will have done very well.
Jack went at pick 13 and Morris pick 31 so they share the same digit numbers in that area.
Morris needs to grow 2cm to get to the same height.

Morris has great goal sense that you can't teach.
He has badly sprayed a few of his set shots so needs to work on that part but with 16.9 still on the positive side.

Will be crucial to see how he handles the final series assuming he is selected.
Other players yet to experience finals Ashcroft, Lohmann, Brain, Reville & Smith.

If Morris ends up as good as Jack Riewoldt (footy wise) we will have done very well.
Jack went at pick 13 and Morris pick 31 so they share the same digit numbers in that area.
Morris needs to grow 2cm to get to the same height.

Morris has great goal sense that you can't teach.
He has badly sprayed a few of his set shots so needs to work on that part but with 16.9 still on the positive side.

Will be crucial to see how he handles the final series assuming he is selected.
Other players yet to experience finals Ashcroft, Lohmann, Brain, Reville & Smith.
One other factor is Morris's ball distribution and disposal when he gets the chance. Been impressed with his kicks into 50.

Who’s Harley?

He's got the footy smarts for sure.

And he looks a bit physically underdone with a lot more to give once he gets stronger and fitter.

Against the grain I'm not pinning too many hopes on him in a pressure finals series this year.

He's got the footy smarts for sure.

And he looks a bit physically underdone with a lot more to give once he gets stronger and fitter.

Against the grain I'm not pinning too many hopes on him in a pressure finals series this year.

Oh yea, of little faith. Logan has more than stood up whenever challenged.

From the game v Saints we had a third or our side in Logan Morris, Will Ashcroft, Jaspa Fletcher, Shadeau Brain, Kai Lohmann, Darcy Wilmot and Henry Smith all 21 years of age or under performing well.
And in games played Logan Morris (12 games), Will Ashcroft (24), Jaspa Fletcher (34), Shadeau Brain (7), Kai Lohmann (28), Darcy Wilmot (49) and Henry Smith (3), not to mention Bruce Reville (12) albeit he's 23?

From the game v Saints we had a third or our side in Logan Morris, Will Ashcroft, Jaspa Fletcher, Shadeau Brain, Kai Lohmann, Darcy Wilmot and Henry Smith all 21 years of age or under performing well.
Yep, I was really surprised to see that the Saints were older than us on the weekend.

Lachie Neale is our only mid over 27, and in the next two years we'll draft a top 5 mid/fwd in Levi Ashcroft, Sam Marshall & the following we'll draft a first rounder in Annable.

Insane replenishing of the midfield while in a flag window.

Lachie Neale is our only mid over 27, and in the next two years we'll draft a top 5 mid/fwd in Levi Ashcroft, Sam Marshall & the following we'll draft a first rounder in Annable.

Insane replenishing of the midfield while in a flag window.
I don't think Lachie will fall off a cliff either, his style of play doesn't rely on pure athleticism either. It's just reading the play, making good decisions and clean disposals.

Lachie may continue like Boak or Ward have been doing in the last 2-3 years. Not be the prime midfielder eventually but can wheel him in when needed to get a clearance boost.

Lachie may continue like Boak or Ward have been doing in the last 2-3 years. Not be the prime midfielder eventually but can wheel him in when needed to get a clearance boost.

He's 5 years younger than Boak too, so could well have another 2-3 at an elite level before any tapering off occurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back