The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still in the premiership hunt - we all dream of a Bulldogs like 2016 finals series. Played some unbelievable football this season, combined (sometimes in the same game) with some average performances.

I do know one thing, I would prefer to finish 5th, rather than 9th!

Fifth pretty good considering all things that happened in 2024.

Record membership of 68K plus.

Home crowd average of 28,807 with one game to go. Thats the best since 2010 (29,908)
The Gabba held more people then. Our round 2 clash v Blues attracted 37K that year.
This year could jump to 29,400 with a 36K EF crowd.

Ashcroft's successful return from an ACL. Getting better and more confident with each game.
Logan Morris very promising first year of AFL.
Lohmann breakout 3rd year.
Darcy Wilmot continues to improve with his best year of his 3 seasons.
Zorko change of position to account for Colemans absence for the year with an ACL.
Brain promising 9 game season.
22-year-old Henry Smith overtaking Fort as our ruck relief.

VFL team finishing 3rd in the H & A season. Finals to come.

After the GWS game the sentiment here was very much that we should blood some of our younger guys and prepare for next year. I doubt anyone would believe we’d play the rest of the season out so strongly while Morris, Brain, Smith and Reville all debuted and played a good amount of games.

We have had by far our worst ever season for injuries in our competing era even excluding the early ACL’s and we put together a great run that has seen us fifth after 2-5 start.

Bloody brilliant if you ask me. Very fun season with lots of entertainment and has been a joy to be a part of.

What an absolute pleasure to be enjoying a sixth consecutive finals campaign.

Sure; we wish we had a premiership, probably should have finished top four and could easily be heartbroken tomorrow. But if we take out a few clubs, so many other supporters would be giving a kidney to have the success we have.

I'm up from Melbourne, enjoying some beers on the Brisbane River and feeling very grateful for the team.

Last edited:
Logan Morris. It was fantastic to see live, but upon watching the replay it was impossible not to think "wow, this is an 18 year old kid".

That miss aside, to get four shots at goal, 4 marks inside 50 (2 contested) and to do that with Weitering manning him for much of the game was truly special to see. His ceiling is quite clearly far higher than his current output, and that is a scary prospect in of itself.

Logan Morris. It was fantastic to see live, but upon watching the replay it was impossible not to think "wow, this is an 18 year old kid".

That miss aside, to get four shots at goal, 4 marks inside 50 (2 contested) and to do that with Weitering manning him for much of the game was truly special to see. His ceiling is quite clearly far higher than his current output, and that is a scary prospect in of itself.
He made a couple of school boy errors, but man, his good is so God damn good!

What I love about Logan is his swagger; some might call it arrogance but I think he’s just grown into an assured young lad as the seasons progressed. 20 goals from 16 games already is bloody impressive too. Browny only got 8 from 13 games in his first year and Schache only got 16 goals from 17 games.

Kid will literally be a star within a couple of years if he continues to work hard and doesn’t get ahead of himself which I see no reason why he would.

What I love about Logan is his swagger; some might call it arrogance but I think he’s just grown into an assured young lad as the seasons progressed. 20 goals from 16 games already is bloody impressive too. Browny only got 8 from 13 games in his first year and Schache only got 16 goals from 17 games.

Kid will literally be a star within a couple of years if he continues to work hard and doesn’t get ahead of himself which I see no reason why he would.

The way he can mark outside 50, wheel around and in 2 paces pick the best option, and put it to their advantage is priceless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back