Autopsy The Post-Essendon Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest problem in these bad losses is no leadership. That falls on guys like Hurn, Priddis etc. Mooney said that there was no talk in the second quarter, that falls on the experienced leaders to start picking that up. Hurn should immediately be sacked as captain.

Not sure what's there to "vent" about.

Without Naitanui feeding our midfielders we're average at best and the generational problems with our squad haven't been fixed. We've tried to mask them with mature age recruiting and struggled to do so.

The game against Hawthorn could be passed over as an aberration. No longer.

I'd argue for changes but a depleted GWS presents the same sort of problems as Essendon only manifestly worse. Youth will only make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CM9000 this is precisely the type of thread to start. However, I would like some ground rules followed. Give your opinion but back it up in a way that can be discussed, if you know what i mean. Don't just bag the players, explain what you mean. Let me start, at the risk of being strung up.
Hard decisions don't appear to be willing to be made by the club. I suppose that is not quite right because they have made the decision on Jetta.
Priddis, Mitchell and Redden cannot co-exist in that midfield, IMO, if we keep playing Sheed, as we should.
One or 2 of those 3 cannot remain, IMO. Makes us too slow.
We don't seem to have players that are able to stop the run on of other teams, but not many teams do. All teams have been touched up this year, except the bulldogs and strangely, Collingwood.
Waterbottle makes the comment about lack of leadership, which I agree with. We need someone with some mongrel in the midfield. It's one of the reasons I like Nelson. He'll stand up and take no crap.
Gotta go out, so will add some comments later.

All starts with our midfield. If Shuey is off = wear 2 pairs of underwear because we shit ourselves like crazy.

Backs when on song cover for ease of opposition spread, but an off day for them means we get reamed.

Teams also learning to put the ball in low to avoid time for our interceptors to float in.

0 pressure in forward half bar JK.

Still an even season; each of these horrendous losses should be a wake-up call for change and adaptation.

No midfield depth bar Hutch and some skinny kids; won't help us this year.

Has Hurn coasted along long enough being 'good bloke, kicks well'?

Blow torch needs to come on the leadership group when the players routinely don't show up.

Tough job for Simpson to get much out of them today, they were spent before a ball was kicked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate saying this but Mitchell just looks disinterested. Obviously his heart was at Hawthorn. Just happy to collect his pay check here and get an early start to his coaching career.

LeCras & Priddis - Let's stop bashing them because they have been brilliant servants of this club. However, the time has come and this group needs to inject some fast paced youth into the forward line and midfield...erhemmm (Rioli & Venables)

Kennedy, his kicking has been terrible lately but got better as the game got on.

Darling was a small positive... I guess...tried his heart out but a lot of frustrating misses. I thought shep was valiant in effort.

Thats pretty much all for me. A pretty depressing rainy sunday.

Mediocre team, mentally weak and lacking toughness.Lucky to win the past two weeks but many on here couldn't see past the final score in those matches to see just how average the boys actually played.

Has Hurn coasted along long enough being 'good bloke, kicks well'?

Blow torch needs to come on the leadership group when the players routinely don't show up.

Tough job for Simpson to get much out of them today, they were spent before a ball was kicked.

Hardly Hurns fault that every coach he has played under asks him to do the kick ins and 90% of them are short little 20m kicks.
He has a weapon that needs to be used forward of half back but he never is given the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Post-Essendon Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back