UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:
By monarch standards, she was honestly one of the very good ones. What she did in World War II is heroic. Of course there are shady business and dirty laundry that's associated with every monarchy

She will be missed, and people will miss her more when bloody King Charles and his cursed children start running the joint

One: the government was going to take a week to prepare the budget in two weeks time. You then have the 10 days that Britain (and correspondingly, us) are taking as an official period of mourning; so, 15 days.
Two: She was the Australian head of state. You knew that going in; you are not compelled to like it, and there is a thread on the Aust Politics forum that is for Republic chat should you wish to change it. This is not the thread for that discussion. You want to have that discussion, see the stickied post.

I also wonder if the 15 days is because the Australian memorial won't be until the PM and GG get back so will be about 14-15 days time.

But given they only had 1 sitting week left, 5,10 or 15 days wouldn't have made any difference!

By monarch standards, she was honestly one of the very good ones. What she did in World War II is heroic. Of course there are shady business and dirty laundry that's associated with every monarchy

She will be missed, and people will miss her more when bloody King Charles and his cursed children start running the joint
Let's not forget where their sympathies lay with Hitler in 1933.

images (23) (17).jpeg

The Queen seemed a reasonable person but let's be honest about the legacy of the royal family and the campaigns they approved .

5 of the worst atrocities carried out by British Empire.
The British people suffer "historical amnesia" over the atrocities committed by their former empire, an Indian MP and author has claimed.

Former UN under-secretary general Dr Shashi Tharoor said the British education system fails to tell the real story of empire.

Not a single one of those atrocities started after she was Queen.

Not a single one of those atrocities started after she was Queen.
Yes she was for this one
"Thousands of elderly Kenyans, who claim British colonial forces mistreated, r*ped and tortured them during the Mau Mau Uprising (1951-1960),'
Didn't hear her ever apologise for anything the rest of her family did btw.
How many Indigenous people were shot through the head in the name of Britain?
Also, I've never heard her say she would like to give Ireland back to the Irish, that was Paul McCartney.
Face it mate, the British empire was a murderous, genocidal , racist regime.

The Queen seemed a reasonable person but let's be honest about the legacy of the royal family and the campaigns they approved .

5 of the worst atrocities carried out by British Empire.
The British people suffer "historical amnesia" over the atrocities committed by their former empire, an Indian MP and author has claimed.

Former UN under-secretary general Dr Shashi Tharoor said the British education system fails to tell the real story of empire.

She ruled in a Post Colonial Britain, people making these links are really reaching.

She ruled in a Post Colonial Britain, people making these links are really reaching.
Still her family and she never apologised for what they did. Never spoke out meangingfully against racism, never spoke of the climate catastrophe.
What was the point of her exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still her family and she never apologised for what they did. Never spoke out meangingfully against racism, never spoke of the climate catastrophe.
What was the point of her exactly?
You do know what a constitutional monarchy is?

It is the end of an era but trying to figure out what era.
Nobody alive has heard anything different other than there being the Queen of England so it like some mental landmark of all eras since the 1950's.
Like do we no longer have a Queen's Birthday Public Holiday.
Do we have a King's Birthday Public Holiday instead in 2023?
It ls like finding the Moon no longer in the sky. It just something that always been there all life.
FMD, 96 is a long innings.
R.I.P. Old lady I never knew

I'm talking about the Queen who wouldn't abdicate and hardly mentioned it.

She's basically been A Political (publically) her whole life. I know it appears to rile people up, but she was an extremely private person and didn't feel the need to stick her 2 cents worth in on everything.

She did her role and that was that.

Yes she was for this one
"Thousands of elderly Kenyans, who claim British colonial forces mistreated, r*ped and tortured them during the Mau Mau Uprising (1951-1960),'
Didn't hear her ever apologise for anything the rest of her family did btw.
How many Indigenous people were shot through the head in the name of Britain?
Also, I've never heard her say she would like to give Ireland back to the Irish, that was Paul McCartney.
Face it mate, the British empire was a murderous, genocidal , racist regime.
Read my comment again.

And northern Ireland want to be part of the UK

She's basically been A Political (publically) her whole life. I know it appears to rile people up, but she was an extremely private person and didn't feel the need to stick her 2 cents worth in on everything.

She did her role and that was that.
But as someone who doesn't need votes to be elected, she could have done more.

Remove this Banner Ad

UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back