Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that I have made it very clear that I do. You do understand that number one picks do not necessarily lead to success? Historically the opposite. Enjoy your moment I guess.

This is a weird amount of sour grapes.

The club will be demonstrably better off in the long run from having finished 18th instead of 17th.

What's even better - we timed it perfectly during a pandemic so crowd numbers don't matter.

It's also the first wooden spoon in a long time. It should feel really bad

Honestly I'm fine with it. I'd prefer one wooden spoon over a decade of finishing middle of the table but never being a true flag contender.

We tried that and it didn't work.

Now.lets try this.

The club will be demonstrably better off in the long run from having finished 18th instead of 17th.

What's even better - we timed it perfectly during a pandemic so crowd numbers don't matter.
It is not sour grapes, and your opinion is speculation, just like mine. I had nothing to do with the outcome, just an opinion. Get over yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the best bottom of the ladder team of all time and the no1 pick.

So much young talent on our list and now Horne too.

Yet we still couldn't climb out of 18th on the ladder. Puzzling.

We get Horne-Francis (most likely) so I will back him in all the way :thumbsu:

Wait if we are looking for a small forward should we be looking at Tyson Stengle for our #1 pick in PSD?

it looks like he has changed his ways and he is talented
Not the silliest suggestion we've seen around here by a long shot.

Would cost peanuts with plenty of upside.

I hope the players feel terrible. The list management team is in a better position. This looks a year where finishing 18th rather than 17th offers a significant draft advantage.

I mean it sucks, but also, we've played some decent footy this year, after a rough start, and after turfing out a bunch of experienced players at the end of last season. Now we get the opportunity to pick up a potentially generational talent; not a bad consolation prize for our troubles.

we get pick 1, we also get the right team together, dynasty beckons.

If we don't win 2 flags this decade, vastly underperformed.

I hope the players feel terrible. The list management team is in a better position. This looks a year where finishing 18th rather than 17th offers a significant draft advantage.

no difference really between 9th and 18th, let's enjoy us getting one of the best prospect out of SA in more than a decade.

Even if he leaves after 2 years, we can probably get 3 good players from it.

Would of been nice to win, but f*** me you have to be happy with the consolation prize. We’re about to get a generational footballer.

For ****s sake. I pray to God, Allah, Jehovah and Santa Clause that this is the case, but saying it definitively the case is mind-boggling. You do understand what the term 'generational' implies yeah?? You are putting way too much expectation on a kid that has yet to play a game at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back