Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone who is complaining about others death riding for pick 1 needs to grow up. It’s an online public forum how can you possibly care if other people you don’t even know wanted a particular player in the draft and were willing to lose a couple more games to get them

Yeah weird, it's almost like part of the reason you support a team is because you want them to win. Strange concept I know.

Yep. Take the emotion out of it, this sets us up a lot better. For all the supposed shame, can anyone name the last 10 spoons? Hell, the last 3?

It doesn't matter, because every wooden spoon will always be associated with Carlton.
Weirdly enough, even freshly receiving this one I still think of Carlton!
I dont know what lomas is talking about. This is a win-win!

Those of you that were pro spoon to get the 1st pick.

Here’s your new avy….

images

Own it.

Horne spoon.jpg

It doesn't matter, because every wooden spoon will always be associated with Carlton.
Weirdly enough, even freshly receiving this one I still think of Carlton!
I dont know what lomas is talking about. This is a win-win!

Because as we know Sam Walsh has helped propel Carlton up the ladder into premiership contention! Just like McCartin did with St Kilda. Or Jack Watts with Melbourne. Or Bryce Gibbs, Matthew Kreuzer, Jacob Weitering and Marc Murphy with Carlton (again).

This is a weird amount of sour grapes.

The club will be demonstrably better off in the long run from having finished 18th instead of 17th.

What's even better - we timed it perfectly during a pandemic so crowd numbers don't matter.
We actually would have most likely finished 16th.

The silver lining is now we have the Pick of Horne or Callaghan, not who might have been left over after these two were off the board.

Having the choice and Pick 1 in the PSD is the key to trying to build this list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really not worth talking about the historical failures of past wooden spoon teams. Hopefully we roll Adelaide next week and end the season on 22 points, the most for a wooden spooner since 1976. We are much better than sides like Melbourne and Carlton in years past, as in reality we were lucky to captialise on a horrid injury run in a historically even year for the bottom 8-10.

What a lot of people have been trying to say is that a random upset in August is not going to have any impact on our next 10 years, but Jason Horne might. I wasn't rooting for a loss tonight, but I'm not disappointed either.

The silver lining is now we have the Pick of Horne or Callaghan, not who might have been left over after these two were off the board.

Having the choice and Pick 1 in the PSD is the key to trying to build this list.
Yep and if we had the 3rd pick some on here wanted gibcus lol would have been like selecting Hansen ahead of Selwood

Because as we know Sam Walsh has helped propel Carlton up the ladder into premiership contention! Just like McCartin did with St Kilda. Or Jack Watts with Melbourne. Or Bryce Gibbs, Matthew Kreuzer, Jacob Weitering and Marc Murphy with Carlton (again).
Bad drafting. We do talent ID well.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a lot of people have been trying to say is that a random upset in August is not going to have any impact on our next 10 years, but Jason Horne might.

Ding ding ding.

This guy gets it. 👍🏼

We weren’t going about tanking, we didn’t deliberately lose, we have been competitive (for the majority of games), the coach and the entire club has reinforced not tanking
We will be fine now and into the long run

True, but how would jumping from 18th to 16th have helped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back