Our path to the GF if Richmond win today
View attachment 733421
Essendon @ Home, Collingwood/Geelong @ Away, Brisbane/Richmond @ Away, GF

Our path to the GF if Brisbane win today
View attachment 733422
Brisbane @ Away, Collingwood/Geelong @ Home, GF
or
Brisbane @ Away, Richmond @ Home, Collingwood/Gelong @ Away, GF
Bit of a catch22 with Brissie today. If they win we’re top 4.. but if they beat Richmond at the G they are the real deal and I’d have doubts over us beating them at the Gabba anyway.

Im not fussed we dont deserve top 4 anyway !!
If we get a QF against a young Brisbane side I don’t care if we deserve it. Only need to “deserve” 3 games and we have our 5th flag. 100% we can do it from 4th with a returning NN, I’m confident we can rise for finals.. the only issue is we seem to have fkd the regular season too much to get us close enough. Pre finals bye is going to level it out, just need to hope Brisbane pull us out of the fire today.

This is always a negative no matter how I say it, but teams that lose the qualifying final have to play four games just like anyone from 5th to 8th. If we can somehow get nic back maybe we can make a charge from 5th? I dunno I guess I'm clutching at straws here...

This is always a negative no matter how I say it, but teams that lose the qualifying final have to play four games just like anyone from 5th to 8th. If we can somehow get nic back maybe we can make a charge from 5th? I dunno I guess I'm clutching at straws here...

Maybe... I just want the group to look Nic, Gaff and Shep in the eye and ask themselves - can we give more, what can we do to get these guys an opportunity to experience what we did last year. With the bye, we should be able to reset. How much effort and desire is there? Let’s see!

But they get a home final week 2 against a weaker opponent.

From 5th we’ll have to travel for 3 straight games against 3 of the 4 best sides. The travel alone is a massive handicap. Would need to be head and shoulders above.

Maybe... I just want the group to look Nic, Gaff and Shep in the eye and ask themselves - can we give more, what can we do to get these guys an opportunity to experience what we did last year. With the bye, we should be able to reset. How much effort and desire is there? Let’s see!

Seeing that Gaff gif really hurts hoping he still sticks with us 😔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s possible but the only other time we’ve done that is 2006 and we had 2 home finals that year. Hawks effectively did it in 2015, travelling to Perth twice, but we’re talking about one of the greatest sides of all time there. We’re going to have to get on that level to win it from here. Going to be really difficult to travel 3 weeks in a row. Although if we get lucky we might get them all at the G, that could open the door.

It’s possible but the only other time we’ve done that is 2006 and we had 2 home finals that year. Hawks effectively did it in 2015, travelling to Perth twice, but we’re talking about one of the greatest sides of all time there. We’re going to have to get on that level to win it from here. Going to be really difficult to travel 3 weeks in a row. Although if we get lucky we might get them all at the G, that could open the door.

Hawks were a great side but got 1 away win against a crippled Dickers. Grand final is on their home deck against a green non vic club happy to just qualify.

Our task is infinitely more difficult, make no mistake.

Hawks were a great side but got 1 away win against a crippled Dickers. Grand final is on their home deck against a green non vic club happy to just qualify.

Yeah I agree. Was just trying to bring up a close enough comparison and show that’s the minimum we’re going to have to produce from here, in other words our best flag by far and one of, if not, the greatest since it became a national comp. Next to impossible given our current form.

One Week at a time games should bring out the best in us ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At home against essedon with big question marks over Hurley & Hooker.

I doubt you could get an easier final 8 matchup.
Awesome

So it’ll hurt more when fumble, turn it over and miss gettable shots en route to a 24 point loss
M

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Back