Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton?? He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after. But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield.

His first season at Richmond he played as a medium forward and booted 35 goals, backed it up the next year in the same position with 41 goals. The year after he was continuing his form but asked to be dropped because he wanted to learn the fundamentals of a midfielder, so he played at Coburg. He came back in round 17 and averaged 24 possessions for the rest of the season. Not to mention he isn't old either at 24. Nah, Blease who has barely any experience is much better than Morton. Nice try though.

By the way, contracted players can be traded.

This pretty much sums it up .. i wouldnt trade morton for Blease .. i would trade Conors and 2nd rounder

or Thurstfeild and Bock Compo

This pretty much sums it up .. i wouldnt trade morton for Blease .. i would trade Conors and 2nd rounder

or Thurstfeild and Bock Compo

Haha ok.

It's largely irrelevant anyway because Blease won't be going anywhere. The thread inferring that he was leaving was just another rumour posted by deranged and deluded Richmond supporters. So you enjoy your handful of games by Mitch Morton next year and we'll look forward to the next 10 years from young Sam. Thanks

My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton?? He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after. But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield.

His first season at Richmond he played as a medium forward and booted 35 goals, backed it up the next year in the same position with 41 goals. The year after he was continuing his form but asked to be dropped because he wanted to learn the fundamentals of a midfielder, so he played at Coburg. He came back in round 17 and averaged 24 possessions for the rest of the season. Not to mention he isn't old either at 24. Nah, Blease who has barely any experience is much better than Morton. Nice try though.

By the way, contracted players can be traded.

By they way, you mean he got concussed the next week didn't you? Not collapsed.

Blease is a very talented youngster who, as well as being an underage pick, has come back from an almost career ending injury.

Morton is an unmotivated medium forward who has been going backwards.

We would not take Morton.

We aren't saying he is currently a better, only a complete idiot would think we were, but he will be a significantly better player then Morton.

Yes you can trade for contracted players, but you are going to have to pay overs for him.

Massive overs.

Dont know about this one either but a few guys in the draft & trading threads have mentioned Aussie wanting out and nominating Freo as his preferred club.

I couldn't actually see him leaving us considering the tight bond the Aboriginal boys hold at our club. If he was to leave I would have thought it would be to return home to the NT and put his AFL career behind him.

I had the misfortune of making my way over to PRE over the weekend. I'm poorer for it. The IQ levels of Richmond supporters is extraordinarily low. It's unfathomable actually.

I'm surprised that so many of them were able to successfully complete the registration form.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wona wanted out... Not so much that he dislikes MFC, probably more likely that he wants to be closer to home given the amount of stress he's dealt with this past year.

Not sure who we'd want from Freo in the unlikely event that we trade for Wona.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wona wanted out... Not so much that he dislikes MFC, probably more likely that he wants to be closer to home given the amount of stress he's dealt with this past year.

After all the club has done for him, why would he want out? The club has stood by him and done everything to help him during this year. We actually played him this year when he probably wasn't ready and we allowed him to take all the time he needed to deal with the passing of his father and close family friend Maurice Rioli.

And moving to Freo doesn't move him closer to home, it moves him further away if anything.

I'm a huge fan of Wona, and would hate to see him go, but I think it's time for the club to show a bit of tough love towards Wona.

We've shown alot of compassion to his personal off-field issues, but if Wona is serious about AFL footy, he needs to commit 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're an idiot. :thumbsu:

You know who also received a rising star nomination?
Jordan McMahon.

Surely you had a read of Todd Vineys comments in the article?

That's what he was referring to, and it shows that 'we' (ie. Melbourne) rate him very highly... and no doubt more so than Mitch Morton.

I can provide other comments from Viney going into deeper detail if you like?

The first one - Tiges fans have got it from somewhere that Sam Blease wants to head to Punt Road.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=44706.0

noone would want to go to Richmond!!! Neil Craig didnt :p

Anyway Blease was drafted 17 in a very good draft for a reason! ahead of the likes of Shuey, Beams, Redden. Dont know if he will be as good as any of them but he is over his injuries and is only 20. imo will be jet in a few years dont you worry!

And what a great job he did for the MFC.

Got us Martin and you a backstabber and a sacked coach. :)

Surely you had a read of Todd Vineys comments in the article?

That's what he was referring to, and it shows that 'we' (ie. Melbourne) rate him very highly... and no doubt more so than Mitch Morton.

I can provide other comments from Viney going into deeper detail if you like?

Do you expect him to say negative things after a young player gets a nomination???

What is with Richmond supporters lately?

Keep your shite on your own board pls.

Mate, your friends at Demonland have been trolling our board for quite some time now. Surely ONE opposition supporter is allowed to provide some friendly controversy on a different board.

Our board, we say what we want. If you don't like it feel free not to post on our board unless its constructive.

I would never in a million years swap Morton for Blease on current form.

Blease twitter today: Solid run today, misso is getting us boys fit! My first full pre season cannot wait!!!

Doesn't sound like he's leaving to me.

You know who also received a rising star nomination?
Jordan McMahon.

How bout you can keep your vfl player and we will keep Blease. Deal.

Do you expect him to say negative things after a young player gets a nomination???

That's a nice way to dodge your mistake, well done. :thumbsu:

In previous press conferences he has stated he thinks Blease will 'be a star' for Melbourne.

For example in that same press conference he stated he thought Howe would be a 'good player for many years'.

See the distinction?

Mate, your friends at Demonland have been trolling our board for quite some time now. Surely ONE opposition supporter is allowed to provide some friendly controversy on a different board.

No one was trolling your board, well I wasn't, if someone is having a crack at the Tigers on here you are well within your rights to tell them they are wrong.

Reasonably.

No one was trolling your board, well I wasn't, if someone is having a crack at the Tigers on here you are well within your rights to tell them they are wrong.

Reasonably.

I was part of that supposed "trolling" and it got me banned from their board - without ever having made a post on it. They can't come here and complain that nothing happened.

The bloke is fighting a losing battle on a board of Melbourne supporters but it's not different than going to any other board on here to argue the case for a Melbourne player being better than one of theirs - it's a waste of time, right or wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back