The Team v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Quinn and Mcveigh are playing.

Leaves Jetta, Lonergan, NLM, Hocking and Skipworth for the last two spots. With Lonergan still injured, Skippy and Hocking will probably take the last two spots.

I really hope we stick to 3 changes. 3 changes is unsettling enough to a side that's been winning.

Given Nash's omission from the side until Hocking went down, I'd imagine he'll join Myers and Hocking as the outs.

Obviously McVeigh and McPhee will be 2 of the ins, and, if BomberTV says the other will be Quinn, I'd back that.

Jetta for Lonergan could be the other swap, but I really hope they don't go that way.

I am really concerned about Houli, is anyone else worried?

He's gone back to Bendigo and put in a couple of really good performances. And the poor kid doesn't even get named in the 25 man squad. I hope it doesn't knock around his fragile confidence even further. Not sure what else he can do?

Quinn has got more weaknesses to work on than Houli for me. Houli can play in the backline and provide run. (Like he did against North in the 1st round last year).

There was an interesting comment about Myers by Knights, who said he needs to work on his match conditioning. That was pretty obvious in the Fremantle game, so not sure about why he played him against Carlton.

All this talk about no injuries and selection problems, and Hocking gets injured. Hmmmmm,

A crumbing forward might be handy against the Roos, Jetta is the best we have as Monfries is not a crumbing forward really.

Davey is the best crumber we have.

But i do think jetta needs to play as he helps our forward structure. Without Jetta in the side our defensive pressure in the forward half is lacking when Davey takes a breather. With Jetta there we dont lose as much in terms of chasing and crumbing ability. I'd play him, one average game shouldnt get you dropped.

You would rather someone struggling with form play than someone in good form, who has polled 6 brownlow votes (?) against the Kangaroos and who is in good form.

Answer with Yes or No, please.
God skeeta are you noooob? Jetta is young and Skipworth is old, best argument ever.

With Hocking Out, Lonergan would be an obvious replacement if his hand is OK. McVeigh is a certainty, he could take Myers role. McPhee will play and I would be surprised if we dropped Skipworth.

Ideally I would like to see McVeigh go to the back pocket to take care of one of their crumbing forwards. There is no match up for Slattery (not that there ever is a match up for a slow, unskillful player with no vision and who can't read the play) dropping him would allow Jetta to play, I don't think he was that bad last week and he gives us great defensive pressure in the forwardline along with Alwyn.

Quinn is not good enough yet and doesn't need to play seniors to develop his skills and if we are playing Pears, Daniher and Fletcher there is not really room for NLM. I'm very disappointed not to see Houli in the side, he is another who could play in the backline on a crumbing forward.

With Hocking Out, Lonergan would be an obvious replacement if his hand is OK. McVeigh is a certainty, he could take Myers role. McPhee will play and I would be surprised if we dropped Skipworth.

Ideally I would like to see McVeigh go to the back pocket to take care of one of their crumbing forwards. There is no match up for Slattery (not that there ever is a match up for a slow, unskillful player with no vision and who can't read the play) dropping him would allow Jetta to play, I don't think he was that bad last week and he gives us great defensive pressure in the forwardline along with Alwyn.

Quinn is not good enough yet and doesn't need to play seniors to develop his skills and if we are playing Pears, Daniher and Fletcher there is not really room for NLM. I'm very disappointed not to see Houli in the side, he is another who could play in the backline on a crumbing forward.

took the words right out of my mouth!!
i want a no NLM petition to start on here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come?

Because people prefer to think it's June 2008

Bendigo Team

B Atkinson Flaherty Hooker

HB Nash T. Slattery S. Crameri

C Houli Lonergan C. Slattery

HF Carroll Klemke Magin

F L. Jetta Weekley Lovett-Murray

R Bellchambers Scanlon Myers

Int Holmes German Bock Miller Bristow Redpath
Fiske Davies Harrison J. Bowe

I am really concerned about Houli, is anyone else worried?

He's gone back to Bendigo and put in a couple of really good performances. And the poor kid doesn't even get named in the 25 man squad. I hope it doesn't knock around his fragile confidence even further. Not sure what else he can do?

Quinn has got more weaknesses to work on than Houli for me. Houli can play in the backline and provide run. (Like he did against North in the 1st round last year).

There was an interesting comment about Myers by Knights, who said he needs to work on his match conditioning. That was pretty obvious in the Fremantle game, so not sure about why he played him against Carlton.

All this talk about no injuries and selection problems, and Hocking gets injured. Hmmmmm,

I'm also worried. Looked like he was going to be a regular after last year but not even making the 25? Jeez...

It's because, like the 2008 version of Essendon, Houli still refuses to run back hard for the team, instead favouring staying ahead of the footy.

Adding to that fact is that he simply didn;t go hard enough at the footy in Rd 1, Dyson went in alot harder than Bachar did.

his turnovers were, at times fatal, especially one in that last term, almost Richmond-esque.

It'll be up to GOD, the defensive coordinator, to pass judgement whether he'll be ready for the side.

My two cents
IN: Spike, Smoke
OUT: Hocking, Myers

Jetta stays and BTW bombersno1, you are a first-class idiot, dropping Skippy, puhleasssee

Because people prefer to think it's June 2008

Bendigo Team

B Atkinson Flaherty Hooker

HB Nash T. Slattery S. Crameri

C Houli Lonergan C. Slattery

HF Carroll Klemke Magin

F L. Jetta Weekley Lovett-Murray

R Bellchambers Scanlon Myers

Int Holmes German Bock Miller Bristow Redpath
Fiske Davies Harrison J. Bowe

So what is the consensus from the Bendigo team. From this I believe that McVeigh, Quinn and Skipworth are certainties and either NLM, Jetta or Lonergan will come in for Hocking if he can't play?

Re: Team vs Roos

Yeah. Surely not!

Nash is rubbish.

My inclusions/exlusions (Dons):

INS: McVeigh, McPhee, Quinn, Lonergan.
OUTS: Myers, Nash, Dyson, Jetta.

I'm tipping if Goldstein is in the 25 for North, Hale will be a late withdrawal.

My inclusions/exclusions (Kangas):

INS: Goldstein, Harris, Lower, Warren.
OUTS: Hale, Wells, Jones, Harding.

4 changes after that great win. Lucky for us you are not coach.

4 changes after that great win. Lucky for us you are not coach.

Firstly, an Adelaide supporter called windy hill, who's calling Essendon us? wtf?

Secondly, 4 changes is the most likely outcome.

Firstly, an Adelaide supporter called windy hill, who's calling Essendon us? wtf?

Secondly, 4 changes is the most likely outcome.

Firstly, apologies for not taking care of the finer details when signing up.

Secondly, not sure on the 4 changes being the most likely outcome. 2 for mine

Good to see Nash and Myers out. They have been liabilities.

As for the rest I think we can raffle it and whichever way we go the side will remain at the same level.

I'm hoping for Jetta to get another run and show us what he can do.

Not sure about Quinn I'd make him go through the VFL again.

I'd hope Lonergan gets a game under his belt so he's ready for Anzac Day next week.

Firstly, apologies for not taking care of the finer details when signing up.

Secondly, not sure on the 4 changes being the most likely outcome. 2 for mine

So, with Hocking and Myers already out, we have emergencies of McVeigh, Lovett-Murray and Lonergan?

McPhee is on the field, so he's a definite in. Knighter has confirmed Quinn will play, so he's a definite in.

In all likelihood, it will be:
IN: McPhee, McVeigh, Quinn, Lonergan
OUT: Myers, Hocking, Nash, Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

The Team v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back