The Team v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinn is there because the EFC are about winning premierships. Rather than be concerned about win/loss ratios.

Sheedy often said he was successful winning flags because he wasn't afraid to lose.

Some you need to grow some balls.

damn i should've quoted...

I'm gunna take a guess re: Jay Neagle and say he might still be feeling the knock to his head from last Sunday...?

Quinn is there because the EFC are about winning premierships. Rather than be concerned about win/loss ratios.

Sheedy often said he was successful winning flags because he wasn't afraid to lose.

Some you need to grow some balls.

Is that directed at dons_fan185?

i suspect quinn is being rewarded, and an example being set, for playing and training as he is requested too. if he's asked to, and is, demonstrating a willingness and diligence to man up closely and do the defensive things where a guy like Houli is not, then he gets a game. and his kicking skills were a revelation in round 2, so the real queries are on his decision making. if they become more of a liability than his other traits, he'll go back to bendigo.

the acid is on Houli, Jetta, NLM etc to WIN a spot in the side. it's a great position for the club to be in.

I agree with most of your sentiments regarding Quinn and defensive actions.

Sadly, other posters can't see that the coaching staff want accountable, hard working players.

I am not concerned about Quinn's decision making - I actually thought this more than adequate.

I am concerned about his obvious weakness in the air - Teams will try to exploit this by isolating Quinn and dragging him back to the backline.

I must say that his kicking is surprisingly effective.

See that's the difference between people like you and me. I like to win and win all the time.

No point in trying to play for wins down the track. It may or may not happen.

What's the that saying.. one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Your a tool.
The reason i would not pick him in a final is there is a difference between a round 4 game and a finals game.:rolleyes:

The difference between people like you and people like me is that you have no idea about big picture issues. It has nothing to do with wanting to win all the time.
I wan't to win every week as much as anyone else. To say i dont want to win every week is total bullshit .

Just heard hocking is out injured big loss anyone know how long he is expected to be out.

Read page 5 of this thread again and you will find the answers you seek :D

Your a tool.
The reason i would not pick him in a final is there is a difference between a round 4 game and a finals game.:rolleyes:

The difference between people like you and people like me is that you have no idea about big picture issues. It has nothing to do with wanting to win all the time.
I wan't to win every week as much as anyone else. To say i dont want to win every week is total bullshit .
Don't forget, he could be playing up to standard by Finals time

He's only played AFL for like 6 months hasnt he?

i'm tipping dempsey may also be out with an injury... lonergan and jetta to play vfl.

Just these saw 22 players only training this morning and i'd say the final team will be:

B: H.Slattery, Daniher, Fletcher
HB: Nash, Pears, Quinn
C: Stanton, Watson, Lovett
HF: Winderlich, Ryder, McPhee
F: Davey, Lloyd, Monfries
Foll: Hille, McVeigh, Dyson
Int: Lucas, Zaharakis, Skipworth, Lovett-Murray

i'm tipping dempsey may also be out with an injury... lonergan and jetta to play vfl.

Just these saw 22 players only training this morning and i'd say the final team will be:

B: H.Slattery, Daniher, Fletcher
HB: Nash, Pears, Quinn
C: Stanton, Watson, Lovett
HF: Winderlich, Ryder, McPhee
F: Davey, Lloyd, Monfries
Foll: Hille, McVeigh, Dyson
Int: Lucas, Zaharakis, Skipworth, Lovett-Murray

You saw NLM training? I thought he went back to Bendigo? Who's missing then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true I will be very pissed off. How do you know? What is the injury?

its not gospel - i was at training this morning and there were 22 blokes training and he wasn't one of them. i'd have to think NLM is his replacement given he was training.

don't know what the injury is. i was at training on tuesday and he only jogged slow laps with hamstring protectors on. however i was also at training on thursday when he trained without any obvious discomfort.

these guys aren't robots so he may have a minor issue they don't want to risk.

Your a tool.

The difference between a round 4 game and a finals game is that if you don't win your round 4 game you're less likely to play in the finals game. ;)

Big pictures issues. :D man, I love that saying. It's almost as bad as when people say you have to think outside the square.

You just can't say you want to win every week and then experiment sometimes. We should be picking the best side each week. From my point of view there's better options and he should be developing in the VFL.

The difference between a round 4 game and a finals game is that if you don't win your round 4 game you're less likely to play in the finals game. ;)

Adelaide, Collingwood and St Kilda all lost in Rd 4 last year.:p

So 3/8 lost which means 5/8 won?

I think you've made my argument a little stronger. :D :thumbsu:

But we can ignore North, Bulldogs, and Sydney who played bottom 5 sides (we were utterly shite then, remember).

So 3/5.:p

Big pictures issues. :D man, I love that saying. It's almost as bad as when people say you have to think outside the square.

You just can't say you want to win every week and then experiment sometimes. We should be picking the best side each week. From my point of view there's better options and he should be developing in the VFL.

Not saying I think Quinn should or should not play this week, but from a strategic theoretical point of view I'm with you Kelvin on this one. You pick your best team to win each week, let those who aren't quite up to it develop at the next level down, and nature over nurture will take care of it for you. Doesn't matter if it's round 4 or an elimination final - you pick your best team to win on the day. Again, not specifically talking about Quinn (which is how your argument with ant started).

Not saying I think Quinn should or should not play this week, but from a strategic theoretical point of view I'm with you Kelvin on this one. You pick your best team to win each week, let those who aren't quite up to it develop at the next level down, and nature over nurture will take care of it for you. Doesn't matter if it's round 4 or an elimination final - you pick your best team to win on the day. Again, not specifically talking about Quinn (which is how your argument with ant started).

Well that isnt Knights way of coaching, i mean last week, he played Daniher on Fevola, who absolutely owned him, but thats not the point, throughout the game, he improved against him

its all about teaching the youngsters, and Quinn needs to learn the most.

As usual you are proving how limited your scope of knowledge on footy is.
The fact that you actually find looking at the big picture issue is amusing shows how far away from having any coaching knowledge you are.
If Quinn fits the run and carry game plan then how is it an experiment ?
The fact of the matter is those sides who do role the dice a fraction in the early rounds and pick guys who suite the style you wan't to play.
You can actually win every week by doing this.
Different story if Quinn was competing against Welsh or similar for the running half back spot.

Picking Quinn this early is not going to be the sole reason we loose if in fact we do loose. The fact of the matter is most people focused on the two or three errors but somehow completly missed the scoring opertunities he set up (that out did the two goals he gave away).

The reason you do not under stand think outside the square is you do not have the capacity to do it ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Team v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back