Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what we do know is it has passed Ratten by.

Whilst I am a massive Malthouse fan I have no issue with us approaching another assistant coach the key is the Ratten is moved on after what has to be the two worst losses in the clubs history since our loss to the bears in 89ish.

Losing to GC with atelast a dozen first choice players out is worse than Melbournes loss to the Cats last year, with the loss to Port by 10 goals almost on par.

Essentially a near full strength Carlton playing for finals vs undermanned GC and we lose... if that doesn't tell you its time for a change then nothing else will.

I pray we actually go through a proper process Ratten was hired via a shame process and much of what has occurred since then at the club makes many question is my $800 per year being spent properly.

Time to get the broom out and really cleanout or we will float between 5th and 12th for the next few years.

To win a flag everything needs to go right.

If by some miracle Ratten did stay then the people who don't support him on the board must go as should the other staff.

We need everyone pulling in the one direction.

If we go down the new coach path, agree BRIB that we need a proper process. And we also need everyone on the same page whoever that coach is (Ratt's or otherwise) - this doesn't mean that everyone has to agree on everything, but can still keep steering in the same direction & support each other if there are disagreements.

I'm not so sure that two bad losses warrant coach termination, though. Yes, they were bad, terrible, but if the ultimate aim is a premiership then you've got to weather a few bad patches on the way. Overall picture is that Ratts started when we were last, we've had 4 years of growth, then a downward curve. What are the reasons for that and how that gets judged, well, hopefully it's done by a proper process.

An interesting fortnight coming up

I stopped reading there ...because moronic ignorance of this magnitude cannot be followed by anything of substance .

Missing key defenders and a ruckman, still doesn't come close to being an adequate reason for a loss. We were as close to full strength as we have been all year. It was a perfectly valid statement.

Missing key defenders and a ruckman, still doesn't come close to being an adequate reason for a loss. We were as close to full strength as we have been all year. It was a perfectly valid statement.
Losing a Key defender in the first minutes of the game from an already depleted backline does not equate to having a near full strength side ...nor does it equate to a valid statement .

It's a fallacy that is being used to promote one persons point of view.
The loss came down to shocking conversion in front of goal ...and players being down on the night ..i don't think i've seen so many Carlton players fumble the ball since we played Port.

Whilst I am a massive Malthouse fan I have no issue with us approaching another assistant coach the key is the Ratten is moved on after what has to be the two worst losses in the clubs history since our loss to the bears in 89ish.

Losing to GC with atelast a dozen first choice players out is worse than Melbournes loss to the Cats last year, with the loss to Port by 10 goals almost on par.

Essentially a near full strength Carlton playing for finals vs undermanned GC and we lose... if that doesn't tell you its time for a change then nothing else will.

I pray we actually go through a proper process Ratten was hired via a shame process and much of what has occurred since then at the club makes many question is my $800 per year being spent properly.

Time to get the broom out and really cleanout or we will float between 5th and 12th for the next few years.

If by some miracle Ratten did stay then the people who don't support him on the board must go as should the other staff.

I didn't say anything about Ratten staying on.

Anyone else herad the rumour about an application for an exclusive perth golf course from a B Goddard.

The guy at a shop that I go to insists that one of his clients, a CFC player, said that he thought Ratten's match-day instructions were often convoluted. This guy doesn't strike me as someone who makes things up. By the way, I have seen this player in this shop on a couple of occasions.

The guy at a shop that I go to insists that one of his clients, a CFC player, said that he thought Ratten's match-day instructions were often convoluted. This guy doesn't strike me as someone who makes things up. By the way, I have seen this player in this shop on a couple of occasions.
Well that flies in the face of opinion that Ratten does not give instruction.

Couldn't agree more !!! :thumbsu:

I have to clarify that I was told the above about 5-6 weeks ago. Have brought it up in the last couple of weeks, and the shop dude stands by his story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had lunch with a guy involved with the CFC* and the media** who said Ratts is definitely gone.

*once attended an Aus kick clinic at Princes Park
**reads the paper and watches the nightly news
Classic post right there, Dinger. :D:thumbsu:

So 'bomb it to Eddie' and 'not man up on their loose man' weren't Ratts' coaching directives? :eek:;)

Who is this idiot player that is discussing match day instructions in a shop, by the way did you get the same haircut as the CFC boys?

So 'bomb it to Eddie' and 'not man up on their loose man' weren't Ratts' coaching directives? :eek:;)
Apparently not, but anything else is convoluted so that is what we get.

MM has forced our hand it seems. Like Eddie shitting himself he'd lose Bucks if he went somewhere else, MM's comment that he will coach next year or not at all will put a shitstorm of tremors through our scaredy-cat board. Deal done it seems. At least it will kill Eddie if we take his ex-coach and CHF, particularly after Swanny and Brown. This club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back