Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So $1m per season for 5 years for a player such as Cloke that has had one dominant season in his career and is currently one of the worst performed players in the comp, gets you excited?
Paying 1mill for Cloke would set us back bigtime. Would leave little for others, will squeeze the cap and disgruntle current players. Surely between Mitchell, Rowe, Waite, Hendo & Levi(once radar is adjusted) the job can get done.

Paying 1mill for Cloke would set us back bigtime. Would leave little for others, will squeeze the cap and disgruntle current players. Surely between Mitchell, Rowe, Waite, Hendo & Levi(once radar is adjusted) the job can get done.
It would want to be slightly less, around $850k or $900k and be back ended somewhat to allow for increase in salary cap down the track or have 3rd party relief etc.

We just kicked 11.20 to kick ourselves out of finals. Yep, Cloke is the answer :p
Yep, I find it somewhat ironical and amusing also considering our accuracy issues.

Maybe he can straighten us up more instead of playing through the pockets although Levi was pretty much straight it front for most of his, perhaps he should of tried to centre his 5 behinds!!!

I know alot of people hate the idea of Cloke, but we need to do everything in our power to get some premierships to the club in the next 3 or 4 years before losing the the GC and GWS becomes the norm for everyone.

If Cloke can help us do that then we should all get behind the clubs decision.

Bullshit, Judd is coming to the end of his tenure and is on significantly reduced money, Waite is almost finished a veteran and would be on peanuts in terms of salary cap, apart from Murphy and maybe Yarran I couldn't give a stuff what any of them think they're worth, they are nowhere near it...they've all signed multi year deals anyway and if we couldn't afford Cloke we wouldn't be chasing him simple, I'm sure his contract will be heavily front loaded similar to Judd and Kouta have been paid...we've managed to keep all of our players through both those contracts so I don't know what the issue is?

Cloke is a gun, he is having a shocking year due to this contract talk...under MM he blossomed as the best forward in the game....bring him down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm slightly starting to wonder if a rookie listed Fev with a contract with so many get out and pay nothing clauses will be worth the gamble would be worth it. Not convinced it's the way to go but I'd mull over it to see if there was a way of doing it where we couldn't lose.

I'm slightly starting to wonder if a rookie listed Fev with a contract with so many get out and pay nothing clauses will be worth the gamble would be worth it. Not convinced it's the way to go but I'd mull over it to see if there was a way of doing it where we couldn't lose.
wallpaper_20081125041601_16901909382.preview.jpg

Stop, just stop.

Bullshit, Judd is coming to the end of his tenure and is on significantly reduced money, Waite is almost finished a veteran and would be on peanuts in terms of salary cap, apart from Murphy and maybe Yarran I couldn't give a stuff what any of them think they're worth, they are nowhere near it...they've all signed multi year deals anyway and if we couldn't afford Cloke we wouldn't be chasing him simple, I'm sure his contract will be heavily front loaded similar to Judd and Kouta have been paid...we've managed to keep all of our players through both those contracts so I don't know what the issue is?

Cloke is a gun, he is having a shocking year due to this contract talk...under MM he blossomed as the best forward in the game....bring him down!

Spot on !!!
For a player having such a shocking year i believe he is still no.1 in the league for contested marks and will probably kick 50 goals !!!
Cant wait to see him hit top form again next year under MM let alone what his presence will do for Betts , Garlett , Waite and Walker !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back