Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly starting to wonder if a rookie listed Fev with a contract with so many get out and pay nothing clauses will be worth the gamble would be worth it. Not convinced it's the way to go but I'd mull over it to see if there was a way of doing it where we couldn't lose.

I'm slightly starting to wonder if we called Craig Bradley, Greg Williams and Sticks himself out of retirement with so many legal precautions will be worth the gamble would be worth it. Not convinced it's the way to go but I'd mull over it to see if there was a way of doing it where we couldn't lose.

Bullshit, Judd is coming to the end of his tenure and is on significantly reduced money, Waite is almost finished a veteran and would be on peanuts in terms of salary cap, apart from Murphy and maybe Yarran I couldn't give a stuff what any of them think they're worth, they are nowhere near it...they've all signed multi year deals anyway and if we couldn't afford Cloke we wouldn't be chasing him simple, I'm sure his contract will be heavily front loaded similar to Judd and Kouta have been paid...we've managed to keep all of our players through both those contracts so I don't know what the issue is?
Cloke is a gun, he is having a shocking year due to this contract talk...under MM he blossomed as the best forward in the game....bring him down!

Well said and not all of his deal will come under the salary cap with third party marketing and sponsorship arrangements that get signed off by the afl. People need to think of Cloke 2010 & 11. He can't get out quick enough and is just going through the motions.

I'm slightly starting to wonder if we called Craig Bradley, Greg Williams and Sticks himself out of retirement with so many legal precautions will be worth the gamble would be worth it. Not convinced it's the way to go but I'd mull over it to see if there was a way of doing it where we couldn't lose.

This.
I don't think I've commented on Fev before, but I just need to say this.
Fev is YESTERDAY, he is not now and not the future.
He had more chances than most players ever get. We are complaining about players not caring about the their performance for the team; anyone remember all his on-field tantrums?
I ain't saying anything that hundreds haven't said before.

Spot on !!!
For a player having such a shocking year i believe he is still no.1 in the league for contested marks and will probably kick 50 goals !!!
Cant wait to see him hit top form again next year under MM let alone what his presence will do for Betts , Garlett , Waite and Walker !!!

He is leading the contested mark averages, but only just. Incidentally Casboult is 4th and Waite equal 7th.

Waite is well ahead of Cloke in disposals, overall marks, tackles and disposal efficiency.

Hoping we get Mick. We need someone like him to shake the players up a bit. Would be happy with Cloke too, not for 5 mil for 5 years, but something like 800 a year would be good.

He is leading the contested mark averages, but only just. Incidentally Casboult is 4th and Waite equal 7th.

Waite is well ahead of Cloke in disposals, overall marks, tackles and disposal efficiency.

waite has hardly played this season, whereas cloke has played most if not all games these season. i think thats really selective use of stats.

waite has hardly played this season, whereas cloke has played most if not all games these season. i think thats really selective use of stats.

At Carlton that is worth a million a year

Hoping we get Mick. We need someone like him to shake the players up a bit. Would be happy with Cloke too, not for 5 mil for 5 years, but something like 800 a year would be good.

Whilst I like Ratts, I tend to agree with this.

We have made finals for the last 3 years in a row and to miss this year with the list we have (even taking injuries into account) is really inexcusable.

What really stood out this year was the number of losses where we didn't even put up a whimper and got absolutely smashed. In previous years we seemed to have a "never say die" attitude and fought our way back into games where we were well behind. There seems to be a malaise in the playing group which may have come from the over familiarity with Ratts. I think a shake up will do us the world of good.

What, you want to use overall stats so Waite is disadvantaged? What better way of comparing players if not averages? Waite has played 10 games and if anything is more disadvantaged coming off injury and a layoff.

Perhaps you can tell me what stats I should be using if marks, contested marks, disposals, efficiency and tackles (i.e forward pressure) are not relevant? Goals? Waite just ahead on average there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, you want to use overall stats so Waite is disadvantaged? What better way of comparing players if not averages? Waite has played 10 games and if anything is more disadvantaged coming off injury and a layoff.

Perhaps you can tell me what stats I should be using if marks, contested marks, disposals, efficiency and tackles (i.e forward pressure) are not relevant? Goals? Waite just ahead on average there too.
Wow, look over there, I can see bottle, army, brunswick, heritage, fern and even some emerald, and is it, yes I think there is a touch of bottle. Yes, its definitely more of 520-570 nanometers there.

At Carlton that is worth a million a year
Yeah cool. When Judd came to Carlton, he could justify $1m a year as we had very few A grade players and little experience. Now we have Judd and we have another elite player in Murphy who will get considerably less for considerably more consistency than Cloke. That's what I worry about.

Bullshit, Judd is coming to the end of his tenure and is on significantly reduced money, Waite is almost finished a veteran and would be on peanuts in terms of salary cap, apart from Murphy and maybe Yarran I couldn't give a stuff what any of them think they're worth, they are nowhere near it...they've all signed multi year deals anyway and if we couldn't afford Cloke we wouldn't be chasing him simple, I'm sure his contract will be heavily front loaded similar to Judd and Kouta have been paid...we've managed to keep all of our players through both those contracts so I don't know what the issue is?

Cloke is a gun, he is having a shocking year due to this contract talk...under MM he blossomed as the best forward in the game....bring him down!
I have to ask - why would you be too worried about what Yarran is getting?

Wow, look over there, I can see bottle, army, brunswick, heritage, fern and even some emerald, and is it, yes I think there is a touch of bottle. Yes, its definitely more of 520-570 nanometers there.
Now if I have my cryptic clues worked out, is 32 down - the grass is always greener?

"Malthouse with Mark Williams as senior assistant"
from Mike Sheehan
Who would talk to Sheahan?

I guess we're going to halve Visy's turnover to get Malthouse and Williams after paying out the current coaches...

Malthouse is a disingenous egotist who says he doesn't want to apply whilst Ratten is there, yet in the background, his people are clearly talking to Carlton and putting pressure on us to sack Ratts. Real class act who clearly loves Mick more than anyone else on the planet. Hope we look at Malthouse and then end up with another qualified coach.

LMFAO. Ahhhh, yes. Those were the days: quoting stuff like this during class and getting the living shits kicked out of me during recess.

Edit: ......and then again after school.

See if you can find something that makes Cloke look like he is worth $1million a season. Perhaps you can isolate the handful of games when he has actually been any good this season.

We live in a society where outcomes must be instant & where many want what someone else has got, because it always seems better to those concerned. Josh Kennedy was apparently a dud when recruited by Carlton, but now he is wearing an Eagles' guernsey it was a mistake letting him go. Travis Cloke has to be much better than anyone we have because......just because he is not a current Carlton player.

Now if I have my cryptic clues worked out, is 32 down - the grass is always greener?
Yes but to tell you the truth, I forgot the grass, they are all shades of green, and green is in the wavelengths spectrum mentioned. But yeah, if Cloke were already a blue most of the posters salivating for him would be the ones baying for him to be traded.

And no doubt there would be "connected" posters posting single word tidbits, and sycophantic clingons thanking them for it, to give a blow by blow (in single one word posts of course) updates on the progress of his trade out options and clubs we are trading him to.

But you would be happy to have 2 Waites - No?
Look I don't think Cloke is a superstar but if we had 2 fit Waites we would be a lot better team - I will leave the salary arithmetic to the clubs accountants
I am not sure MM is as good as Scott or Longmire or ..... but I know he would not be putting up with some of the hot or cold crap that some our boys keep producing/not producing

LMFAO. Ahhhh, yes. Those were the days: quoting stuff like this during class and getting the living shits kicked out of me during recess.

Edit: ......and then again after school.
Edit: ......and then again at calisthenics.

But you would be happy to have 2 Waites - No?
Look I don't think Cloke is a superstar but if we had 2 fit Waites we would be a lot better team - I will leave the salary arithmetic to the clubs accountants
I am not sure MM is as good as Scott or Longmire or ..... but I know he would not be putting up with some of the hot or cold crap that some our boys keep producing/not producing
I wouldn't mind having Cloke/Waite and then when Waite goes down Cloke/Cas/Mitchell ... no. Not with a $1m price tag and not if it creates disharmony. He is not worth more than Judd or Murph and probably a couple of others. I'm trying to see the bigger picture here and not just instant premiership favouritism with all players being bosom buddies and singing folk songs. The moment Cloke gets injured, or kicks 1.5 and we lose a vital game, or more to the point, the moment we lose a promising player because there is no room in the cap, then we may start second guessing.

If they do the maths and can see their way clear to 800k for the trouble of having to pack up his locker and move a few kilometres away, then well and good. He is an even money chance to help us achieve a sound structure and drive us deep into September, then we will think he is worth it. If not, well ... if not. Sigh. The Kouta contract had us discussing after a couple of years and he was true Blue. No doubting that Cloke coming to Carlton will be a true mercenary act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back