Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno what made me think of this, but if the season was to start tomorrow, would Adam Treloar be fit to play?

Does anyone know what his injury status is like? Surely he’s good to go when footy resumes.

I dunno what made me think of this, but if the season was to start tomorrow, would Adam Treloar be fit to play?

Does anyone know what his injury status is like? Surely he’s good to go when footy resumes.
Don't know what to make of what? Is there a report saying Adam Treloar's fitness is an issue?

Heard some rumour about him tweaking a hammy, but that was weeks ago, and not sure if it was even factual.

Don't know what to make of what? Is there a report saying Adam Treloar's fitness is an issue?

Heard some rumour about him tweaking a hammy, but that was weeks ago, and not sure if it was even factual.

That all I heard to but would he go to a Hub because he and his Wife just had a Little Baby?

What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about “I don’t know what to make of this..”

I said I didn’t know what made me think of it, as in, there’s no reason for me to thinking about the fitness of Adam Treloar, but I was..

What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about “I don’t know what to make of this..”

I said I didn’t know what made me think of it, as in, there’s no reason for me to thinking about the fitness of Adam Treloar, but I was..
Oh OK, I misread what you posted. I too don't know what made you think of it, as there hasn't been much/any discussion about A Treloar.

I reckon he would be cherry ripe (after a few weeks of training of course). It’s been ages since he tweaked it. You’d think he’d be ready to go even right now. We will head into round 2 with such a fit list, so exciting.

I reckon he would be cherry ripe (after a few weeks of training of course). It’s been ages since he tweaked it. You’d think he’d be ready to go even right now. We will head into round 2 with such a fit uninjured list, so exciting.
EFA. With the need to have self-disciplind and self-motivated, I suspect a few will be a fair way off match fit.

I was talking to someone about the potential of training -- do you think they will bar the ground off with security and barriers?

I honestly doubt it. Fencing and especially security guards are quite expensive in a time where cost savings are desired. At best I suspect some assistant coaches might ask you to move on?

I thought much of the area was public space. I think that if you kept a polite distance from the edge of the ground eg Eastern side of the oval on the grass steps that they'd be unlikely to be able nor be too concerned. Just maintain a social distance and there shouldn't be a health risk caused and therefore a perceived need to move you on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Andrews says training can begin on Wednesday for groups of ten players, with no contact and with appropriate social distancing in place. That's a start!
I don't believe that there were any restrictions on numbers or contact?

EDIT: Yes it's full training allowed with no restrictions on numbers and contact. Professional sporting clubs are given an exemption from the other rules as they are a workplace.

Last edited:
Daniel Andrews says training can begin on Wednesday for groups of ten players, with no contact and with appropriate social distancing in place. That's a start!

But are People Allowed to go and Watch? and IF So how close can they be?

I don't believe that there were any restrictions on numbers or contact?

EDIT: Yes it's full training allowed with no restrictions on numbers and contact. Professional sporting clubs are given an exemption from the other rules as they are a workplace.
That's not what I heard him say. I'm sure he said groups of 10, no contact and constant disinfecting of the balls.
Have they amended the rules already?

So No Training until Next Week at Earliest then?

Get more complex with every update. Reading that groups of 10 from Friday seems a consistent number but then that doesn't account for the players in quarantine. If the AFL directive is that nobody can train in groups until every player is available then that becomes after May 21, but you'd think all clubs and the AFL would be keen to do the groups of 10 as soon as it's allowed.

Does anyone else think that this extended break will even the competition quite a bit?
Wonder how flat the players will be, the fitness levels etc... quite an odd year. Think Richmond will lose the most momentum of all the teams.

Does anyone else think that this extended break will even the competition quite a bit?
Wonder how flat the players will be, the fitness levels etc... quite an odd year. Think Richmond will lose the most momentum of all the teams.

I have no Idea Really

Stevens reported on channel 7 that WA clubs will consent to start training on Monday.

It’s only in groups of 10 until other states ease that restriction. As far as Victoria is concerned all clubs could train in their entirety.

Stevens reported on channel 7 that WA clubs will consent to start training on Monday.

It’s only in groups of 10 until other states ease that restriction. As far as Victoria is concerned all clubs could train in their entirety.

No they could not. Vic still only allow 10 at a time

Remove this Banner Ad

Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back