Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep because Clarke was underdeveloped at that stage. Since then Sandi's health has improved, Hannath and Moller have been recruited and Clarke has improved. So from 1 and 1/2 rucks to 4 and 1/2. Oversupply springs to mind.

Regardless of the other rucks, Griff is still second fiddle to Sandi. He knew that before coming over. Clarke and Griff are completly different players and would play alongside each other if Sandi went down.

What would it take to get Hayden Crozier to Essendon? Would Ben Howlett suffice?

Cheers. :thumbsu:

What would it take to get Hayden Crozier to Essendon? Would Ben Howlett suffice?

Hee probably worth a second rounder. Howlett might get it done but it might need a sweetener especially considering he's contracted

Hee probably worth a second rounder. Howlett might get it done but it might need a sweetener especially considering he's contracted
I wouldn't mind exchanging picks somewhere if that's what it required.
Crozier for Howlett would definitely work!
Sounds good to me.
why would you give up howlett?
Our midfield is slow as it is (Jobe, Heppell, Goddard, Myers, Hocking are not fast) so we need to add a bit more speed instead of Howlett. Also rumoured to want to go home.

Why would we give up Crosier is more to the point
Yeah let's not give up Crozier. He's only just showing us what he's got, and it's pretty exciting footy.

And Howlett's so short. And they play similar positions. It makes no sense swapping the two.

Would not trade

I wouldn't do that trade. Crozier is younger, faster, taller and can probably play in more positions around the ground which is exactly what we need. Now if you were talking Carlisle, Colyer then that would be different. Howlett is ok just that RTB is understandably very keen on Crozier - he will probably be best 22 every week from now on unless his form really drops, he is getting vital finals experience at the moment and contracted.

I see Jetta is leaving you guys - just wonder if he was ever tried as a small defender. We have a need for a backup for Spurr with good pace on the list I reckon. Realise he is a free agent now.

Would not trade

I wouldn't do that trade. Crozier is younger, faster, taller and can probably play in more positions around the ground which is exactly what we need. Now if you were talking Carlisle, Colyer then that would be different. Howlett is ok just that RTB is understandably very keen on Crozier - he will probably be best 22 every week from now on unless his form really drops, he is getting vital finals experience at the moment and contracted.

I see Jetta is leaving you guys - just wonder if he was ever tried as a small defender. We have a need for a backup for Spurr with good pace on the list I reckon. Realise he is a free agent now.
Carlisle for Crozier, definitely not haha. Colyer we can't trade now, the whole thing we need is speed and he is our quickest midfielder.

I don't believe he has ever been tried as a small back.

Just listening to 3AW and their trade rumour reporter (some guy named McClure) claiming that Jarrad Waite has an offer on the table from Freo.

I would hope not. Can't understand why we'd go after an injury prone guy who is going to be 32 in February let alone risk the attitudinal side of things.

Much prefer to get games into the up and comers like Taberner, Apeness, A.Pearce and Tanner Smith.

Just listening to 3AW and their trade rumour reporter (some guy named McClure) claiming that Jarrad Waite has an offer on the table from Freo.

I would hope not. Can't understand why we'd go after an injury prone guy who is going to be 32 in February let alone risk the attitudinal side of things.

Much prefer to get games into the up and comers like Taberner, Apeness, A.Pearce and Tanner Smith.

:eek::eek::eek:

Just NOOOOOO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is getting really old. If you listen to the media it seems we are making offers to every bloody uncontracted player. Honestly can't the managers use someone else to up their asking price? Ho Hum.

Oh and by the way, in Ross's presser today they asked him about Mitch Clark and he said, "who? oh, that guy. Yeah well he had a chance to come to our football club and he blew it so, no thanks". Gotta love him.

Been thinking that Tom Lee would be a good pick up for us next year rather than Jarrod Waite would be willing to trade him for Crozier.

Been thinking that Tom Lee would be a good pick up for us next year rather than Jarrod Waite would be willing to trade him for Crozier.

Lee and Waite are two of the first players I think of when someone says "lazy footballer"

Wouldn't be against a 1 yr deal for Waite tbh. We're in a premiership window, and say what you want about him but he marks anything in his general vicinity.

Low risk, high reward proposition IMO.

It's probably bullshit anyway.

Wouldn't be against a 1 yr deal for Waite tbh. We're in a premiership window, and say what you want about him but he marks anything in his general vicinity.

Low risk, high reward proposition IMO.

It's probably bullshit anyway.
Yep, backup if Pav goes down. Ross doesn't play favourites so can sit him in the 2s for the whole year if required. Not sure Waite would be interested though with that sort of season lined up as his last hurrah.

Shit enough with the trading Crozier.
Watched Lee in a couple of games for Saints he looked the part some solid grabs and a good kick just reckon he would fit in with Pav and Tabs just has to get over his injuries
Crozier dont want to bag the bloke and he is developing still but too get some good players in you have to make a call on some of your own or you end up like the Eagles with 10 blokes the same all average. Crozier is a forward /winger which we have plenty of and can be found easier than KPP,s he too me will always lack a bit of power to be real damaging and doesn't seem to have the tank to play permanent mid.

Watched Lee in a couple of games for Saints he looked the part some solid grabs and a good kick just reckon he would fit in with Pav and Tabs just has to get over his injuries
Crozier dont want to bag the bloke and he is developing still but too get some good players in you have to make a call on some of your own or you end up like the Eagles with 10 blokes the same all average. Crozier is a forward /winger which we have plenty of and can be found easier than KPP,s he too me will always lack a bit of power to be real damaging and doesn't seem to have the tank to play permanent mid.
Can hardly get a game for the bottom side. We might lose Crozier as a part of a deal but it will hopefully be for a better player than Tom Lee.

Lee doesn't have the size for AFL.

Spencer White has chucked on more weight in his year and a bit and it only highlights the problem.

Lee cost them too much.

He would need to be lightning quick to be so lightly framed playing as a leading forward. Otherwise every key back with 15kg on him and just as quick will towel him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back