Training The training report thread now including finals sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Mallen being in the midfield in aflx should we be reading into that? Mallen looking at mid mins in wafl?
Pre draft he was saying he would be able to play in the midfield
Probably much like lamb and the intangibles guy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I just don't see a position in this team for either of the Allens at their size to be honest. Not right now anyway.

Unless our MC suddenly gets creative and changes our structure drastically, they simply won't get games. Perhaps if Gaff walks it could shake things up.
They may be about the same height but M.Allen is much heavier, I'd say Pav in his playing days looks to be a fair comparison size wise.
I think a role could be found for him...Especially if we trade Darling for a decent mid.

200.gif

Watching training at lathlain sucks balls tbh

Playing group is spread out across two ovals so really hard to keep tabs on who's out there

Willie is moving well though and mallen is a beautiful kick - would be top 5 at the club
Agree with you there Keys! I positioned myself between the two ovals trying to keep an eye on both sessions which was difficult to do. On the top oval they seemed to be focussed on moving the ball out of the deep backline. I was happy to see the coaching staff repeatedly telling the player who had marked the ball to get back from the mark and give themselves room to dispose of the ball without being cramped up by the player on the mark. They also counted down the seconds they had to dispose of the ball. Appeared to be using Jetta a fair bit on working the ball out of this area.
You talk of kicking ..... yes, Matt Allen has a good leg on him but I was also impressed with Ryan Burrows who reminds me a lot of Mark Nicoski ( build, hair and kicking action). His field kicking seemed to be very good.
PS was that you with the golden lab?

I thought Olango had something as well. He seems to have pretty clean hands and covers the ground easily. Is very quick over the first 10 metres. Didn’t really do anything under pressure situations but could be a great project player.
Yep ..... didn't seem out of place did he? Early days of course but definitely something to work with.

Agree with you there Keys! I positioned myself between the two ovals trying to keep an eye on both sessions which was difficult to do. On the top oval they seemed to be focussed on moving the ball out of the deep backline. I was happy to see the coaching staff repeatedly telling the player who had marked the ball to get back from the mark and give themselves room to dispose of the ball without being cramped up by the player on the mark. They also counted down the seconds they had to dispose of the ball. Appeared to be using Jetta a fair bit on working the ball out of this area.
You talk of kicking ..... yes, Matt Allen has a good leg on him but I was also impressed with Ryan Burrows who reminds me a lot of Mark Nicoski ( build, hair and kicking action). His field kicking seemed to be very good.
PS was that you with the golden lab?
Nah - that was me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for all the pre-season reports.
Although not as frequent as last year it was good to get updates on a semi-regular basis.

Appreciate Keys for making this a standalone thread so it's easier to just read the reports.

Hopefully a fruitful season ahead!

No training report from today, guys and gals?
Lathlain sucks and wasn't going to drive for 45 minutes only to watch players leaving track 15 minutes after I arrived because someone at the club can't tell time

Remove this Banner Ad

Training The training report thread now including finals sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back