The Tribe 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

potatoes gonna potate. you got no idea amer. Tribe did an amazing job it was 20 ppl ffs. I was already a paid up member and gave my season ticket away to mates every week. No freeloaders in the guys that went every game everyone put in a massive effort.

Amer, name your bay. I bet there are people in here that sit in or near your bay and can say if they heard continuous noise from that bay during the past year.

My family sit the other side of the ground from the Tribe and at times could clearly hear us because no one else was making noise. I had people from the Northern Stand give us feedback that they could clearly hear us and were joining in too. At times we were making noise that the southern end could pick up on as past reports on here showed. All that with about 20 people.

We scared Sam Gilbert so that he didn't venture to that pocket after he saw the sign and the two girls. We got regular feedback from the players that they could clearly hear us and that they really appreciated it. I can back up Nick and STO about the complete loss of voice after a couple of games and all the others exceedingly croaky.

I'm surprised, and disappointed, they're not being given a second year. I thought they had a clear impact on crowd noise, and I could definitely hear them from the opposite wing. I would have thought now would be a good time to assess last season, and pinpoint the methods that had the biggest impact on spreading the noise and enthusiasm, so that it could be refined, and expanded, next season. The cheer squad really does lack presence. Perhaps it's where I'm sitting, but I noticed the tribe a heck of a lot more than I did the official cheer squad.

Well done to those who were involved.

Sums up what shits me about the Crow crowd. WEAK. Get involved.

As much as I think segrigation is bad in general, when we move to AO, I'd be pissed if the hill doesn't turn into a rowdy central joint. Where you yell out that Milne shouldn't slip the didget when he tackles like it's a Sat night out', where you can make noise without the 'shhhhh', stand up and generally fire up the crowd and players.

Enough with this pre-school stuff, we need to make an advantage of our home ground. Nothing illegal, nothing over the preverbial 'line', but get loose, fire everyone up.

I see more life from the Crow croud over here, and the home crowd is more accepting of the noise and support then the Adelaide crowd have been every time I go over there.

Thought most of the Tribe did a very good job, were a few int here for a free ride bringing you down, but you fight a losing battle at AAMI.

X2

It's one of the reason I love going to interstate games, the atmosphere at a North Melbourne v delaide game at Etihad with 16000 people is far better than most sold out AAMI Stadium games.

Sadly, most Crows supporters are more than happy to make noise abusing umpires but won't use that energy to actually support the side. People often mocked the Crowbot game plan we had under Neil Craig - alot of our supporters are Crowbots too. Go to game, have nice little bbq with some chardonnay, listen to 5AA, tell people to sush if it's interfering with the trans, but all hell breaks lose if the Crows get a free paid against them.

Unfortunately they'll come across to AO as well because they'll be able to do that in the comfort of a better stadium. Best thing to do is keep up with the noise and support. They can complain all they want but ultimately there's nothing the Crowbot supporters can do to stop your passion.

We directed some chants at the opposition (here I'll admit that some of the group crossed the line, e.g. 'Buddy's a w***er') and when they were in earshot you could see that they were actively trying to ignore us. See that they f***ed up every shot from our pocket.
- We got complaints that people were offended.
The biggest issue here for me is that people get offended by the word w***er. :eek:

i sat with punchy bassett and his folks a few times this year on the opposite flank to where the tribe was, i had no trouble hearing you guys there at all

haters gonna hate, **** em i say

The biggest issue here for me is that people get offended by the word w***er. :eek:
Bloody w***ers. :p

If they don't like the noise...well then ****ing stay home. The whole purpose of seeing it live is to be part of the experience and cheer your team on/put off the opposition. If they don't like it, then they should give their seats to their grandkids. They'd shit themselves if they heard some of the banter we get up to from the sidelines of ammo league games.

Anyway, STO, Nick, Nikki, etc, don't be disheartened; keep making as much noise and hopefully not only will more people join in, but also the opera brigade will get the hint and stay home in the future. :thumbsu:

Haha, let's ask the guy who DIDN'T decide his efforts were worth effectively being paid to attend games of football. I was just surprised by the lack of effort is all.

Ive been doing this shit since late 2007, and Im yet to recieve anything that would consititute being 'paid' to do so. I had season tickets of my own last season, and used them.

Edited: Self censorship.

It was detailed there beautifully champ. You guys were limp and weak when there needed to be noise, and then you'd join in the chorus after something significant happened. It took the players contesting the ball right under your noses to be lifting otherwise. Should've played to the beat of a different drum. Cheering, plus the Adelaide chant, when there was typically silence. Inclusive, easy.

That would be valid criticism if there was even the smallest amount of truth to the bullshit you're typing.

We were perpetually cheering when there was no other crowd noise.

Amer, name your bay. I bet there are people in here that sit in or near your bay and can say if they heard continuous noise from that bay during the past year.

Bingo.

Tell you what mate, since you're clearly the worlds loudest fan, and outcheered all of us put together, maybe we all need to come watch you in action and see how good you really are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also from what i saw (i sat in the members for most of the year, around bay 112-110), STO was one of the main intigators in every cheer

mind you i couldn't hear properly because amer was constantly cheering too loudly (seriously STFU!!)

I'm surprised, and disappointed, they're not being given a second year. I thought they had a clear impact on crowd noise, and I could definitely hear them from the opposite wing. I would have thought now would be a good time to assess last season, and pinpoint the methods that had the biggest impact on spreading the noise and enthusiasm, so that it could be refined, and expanded, next season. The cheer squad really does lack presence. Perhaps it's where I'm sitting, but I noticed the tribe a heck of a lot more than I did the official cheer squad.

Well done to those who were involved.

Thanks mate.

I dont think the canning was a reflection on the performance itself. I think this is what was planned all along. The members of the tribe have been asked to join whats intended to be an enlarged cheersquad area. The club's been trying to rejuvenate the cheersquad for years. Those of us who were around for the bay 114 experiment, like yourself, would have a sense of deja vu about the whole thing im sure.

Bloody w***ers. :p

If they don't like the noise...well then ****ing stay home. The whole purpose of seeing it live is to be part of the experience and cheer your team on/put off the opposition. If they don't like it, then they should give their seats to their grandkids. They'd shit themselves if they heard some of the banter we get up to from the sidelines of ammo league games.

Anyway, STO, Nick, Nikki, etc, don't be disheartened; keep making as much noise and hopefully not only will more people join in, but also the opera brigade will get the hint and stay home in the future. :thumbsu:

True that, best thing about playing B grade, spend the entire A grade game hurling abuse at the other side :D

Should send them out to watch a crowd at div 6 ammo game against central united, I had 14 yr old girls behind the goals telling me that they were going to stab me if I went near the ball hah! :eek:

We sit in bay 140 (Southern end of AAMI Stadium) and most weeks we didn’t have any trouble hearing how much noise the tribe was making.

However, my biggest surprise was the fact the Crows was not considering making it bigger. The best analogy I could come up with was giving someone a 2 litre bottle of green cordial and asking someone to dilute an Olympic size winning pool. It will work on the small scale as soon as everyone knows what’s happening but the overall scale is just too big.

The club should have increased the size of the Tribe and kept it down the Northern end and made the Crows cheer squad accountable for their cheering down the southern end and you will get both ends rocking. Once that happens, other people will join in and we’re jumping.

Well the 19th man was modeled on the Seattle Seahawks 12th man. We've got to aspire to be like them throughout the whole match, not just when we kick a goal or when the opposition is kicking for goal.

[YOUTUBE]lx05Hl4CMlU[/YOUTUBE]

Its a different game though.

In the NFL you have a very set time to make noise, basically before the snap. Most crowds do very little noise making during the play itself.

There's plenty of noise when a nice play develops on the home team's offense. We need more noise like that when the Crows have the ball and are streaming down the park.

There's plenty of noise when a nice play develops on the home team's offense. We need more noise like that when the Crows have the ball and are streaming down the park.

Its usually 'after the fact noise'. Cheering when a guys broken the run for the TD etc. You wont scream while the QB has the ball for instance, youd distract him.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tribe 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back