The Tribe

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-game I could hear the Tribe from Bay 230, and a couple of times during the game as well. Over time I know you guys will only improve (and I look forward to the scoring assists scoreboard in round 3).

Also, I hope the club expands this so that perhaps have a few rows in the Members and a few rows right on the outer wing to help build the atmosphere around the ground.

I was disappointed in the tribe. The numbers are to small and they were getting completely beaten by the Hawks cheer squad. In theory a good idea. In practice they sat and watched most of the game had no real original chants and only a couple of them near the camera guy were really trying to get the boys up.

The two 10 year old girls behind me were way louder and enthusiastic the whole game.

I was expecting chanting and songs for the whole game not only after goals.

Basically your expectation is wrong.

So what's the expectation?

To be completely honest im not entirely sure what to expect myself.

I do think that the expectation of non stop singing of 'original chants' during the first two quarters that we had tried was unrealistic.

The word from the players is they don't want it to be just continual noise. They want us to cheer and chant when traditionally the crowd is quiet like when the opposition is in front. I know in the second quarter we were trying to get the noise going then. We can't stand up all the time because we do have to consider the people behind us. My voice is stuffed today and I have a good bruise from bashing the fence. The issue about not hearing us is more to do with us being at the front, the players could definitely hear us and the younger guys loved it as I had a quick chat with Phil in the shed after the game

Yeah I had a chat with David from the club after the game and he was pretty happy with out first run out. I know we didn't come through so much on the TV but he said he didn't get the chance to watch it all but was listening to the radio broadcast and when Buddy was lining up for that shot they were talking about how much the fans at the fence (us) were going off and giving it to him. He knew it had to be the TRIBE.

Needs someone with a big voice and big personality to front The Tribe.
Where's our Joffa?
I may be wrong, but I was sitting not far from The Tribe and I hardly heard them all night. Didn't seem like a well-organised unit.
One thing I did like was hearing the singing when I arrived at the ground.
I guess this was a trial run and it will find its groove in time.

Needs someone with a big voice and big personality to front The Tribe.
Where's our Joffa?
I may be wrong, but I was sitting not far from The Tribe and I hardly heard them all night. Didn't seem like a well-organised unit.
One thing I did like was hearing the singing when I arrived at the ground.
I guess this was a trial run and it will find its groove in time.

Well seeing as though we only met as a group for the first time 10 days out from rd1 I think we did pretty good.

When you did hear us, just curious if you joined in?

I sit in the bay right next to the tribe about 20 rows back and had trouble hearing you guys at times. Rather than cheering out towards the field I think it would work really well if you guys turned around and chanted back towards to the crowd. It was really hard to hear when you started up after a goal because the whole crowd would cheer and they would play the 10 secs of stupid music. Starting up some cheer at a center bounce would work really well, just turn around and act like a conductor to the rest of the crowd could work really well.

Not a bad first outing and I can't wait to see it grow and improve.

I sit in the bay right next to the tribe about 20 rows back and had trouble hearing you guys at times. Rather than cheering out towards the field I think it would work really well if you guys turned around and chanted back towards to the crowd. It was really hard to hear when you started up after a goal because the whole crowd would cheer and they would play the 10 secs of stupid music. Starting up some cheer at a center bounce would work really well, just turn around and act like a conductor to the rest of the crowd could work really well.

Not a bad first outing and I can't wait to see it grow and improve.

We did try that and for the most part were met with blank stares.

I'd estimate about 20% of the people looked like they wanted to get involved but were a bit shy and hesitant to be the one that gets up. I think as they get used to it some people will join in. Once we get most of the bay joining in we'll start to make some noise.

Remember that we are only 60 people. We can't be expected to be heard everywhere. We are dependent on people joining us.

Well seeing as though we only met as a group for the first time 10 days out from rd1 I think we did pretty good.

When you did hear us, just curious if you joined in?

When I mentioned that I hardly heard you I meant volume. I make a lot of noise at games and will certainly follow the lead of The Tribe when you do become more organised. Didn't mean what I wrote to be as negative as it perhaps came across.

A great song to sing at the game, just not as an official Club Song is

"Here We Go, Here We Go, Adelaide Crows" Just an idea. I reckon it should be played after each goal. Seems they are playing a snippet of a song now after each song. Why not something that would rev the crowd up?

Was kinda hoping our first song was gonna be played at the end, being a celebration of our first game. The song was crass, commercial and repetitive. But by God it stuck in your head after the game. It was afterall written by ponytailed Toyota PR guys.

The song was played at the end. After our regular song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great song to sing at the game, just not as an official Club Song is

"Here We Go, Here We Go, Adelaide Crows" Just an idea. I reckon it should be played after each goal. Seems they are playing a snippet of a song now after each song. Why not something that would rev the crowd up?

Was kinda hoping our first song was gonna be played at the end, being a celebration of our first game. The song was crass, commercial and repetitive. But by God it stuck in your head after the game. It was afterall written by ponytailed Toyota PR guys.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind if the club, or anyone for that matter, uploads the original song on YouTube. I have a collection of Centrals previous club songs and wouldn't mind having a similar collection for the Crows.

I could hear the Tribe from where I am (front of northern stand). Red hats were a good idea, really stood out. The noise carries best on the long, drawn out chants Vaaaaannnnn Berrrrrr Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooo type stuff.

Crowd in general was pretty good. Night game, comeback victory... was loud.

The Sunday lunch time jobs... that's when the Tribe will be needed!

Music and general innane crap over the PA must go though. I've said before that there needs to be some periods of silence so that the crowd/Tribe can fill it.

I could hear the Tribe from where I am (front of northern stand). Red hats were a good idea, really stood out. The noise carries best on the long, drawn out chants Vaaaaannnnn Berrrrrr Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooo type stuff.

Yes! :D

Im glad someone could hear that. My impression being in there was that it was fairly loud.

bay 114 took a little while to gel together back in 07, i'd expect nothing less from the tribe

FWIW i was in 112 in the members, could hear you guys fine

I reckon it needs more people to be truly effective. I was in 132 and didn't really notice the Tribe till halfway through the second quarter with the VB and Tribe banners. However the crowd was always going to be vocal with a game like that, so we'll see when we get a Sunday game.

For a first time out though, it was decent, and I'm even more keen for the Freo game now to see how you guys perform and your antics.

Slightly off topic but thought this was the best place to post.

Can you believe that I was told by a couple of our members to be quiet because I was cheering / baracking too loudly for them???

These are the same members who sit at the match and barely make a sound the whole match and then leave between 5 and 10 minutes before the final siren....... I was not impressed to say the least!!

Can you believe that I was told by a couple of our members to be quiet because I was cheering / baracking too loudly for them???

These are the same members who sit at the match and barely make a sound the whole match and then leave between 5 and 10 minutes before the final siren....... I was not impressed to say the least!!

Ignore them and yell as much as you want, unless you're swearing there is nothing they can do about it.

I reckon it needs more people to be truly effective. I was in 132 and didn't really notice the Tribe till halfway through the second quarter with the VB and Tribe banners. However the crowd was always going to be vocal with a game like that, so we'll see when we get a Sunday game.

For a first time out though, it was decent, and I'm even more keen for the Freo game now to see how you guys perform and your antics.

I was in Bay 132. Thought I was surrounded my cement statues it was that quiet. I tried to get the bay to make some noise a few times but without luck except for a few. Overall I though the crowd was a bit quiet for 42K. Missed the Tribe baner. Hope the Tribe can get everyone hooked on cheering.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind if the club, or anyone for that matter, uploads the original song on YouTube. I have a collection of Centrals previous club songs and wouldn't mind having a similar collection for the Crows.

It's good to hear that the club still has the audio of the song, it seems to be the only one in existence, would definitely appreciate it if they uploaded it either on the website or on YouTube, maybe someone should shoot off an email to the club about this???

this happened in 112 too, infact the oldies that were opposed to the noise got weslo in and had the group of lads warned?!

i can't understand this mentality at all, if you don't like noise, piss off back to your loungeroom!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tribe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back