The Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I shouldn't take losses personally, and I've said many a time the boys don't go out there to lose, but seriously? Last year we were on the up and up, then I say I'm going to every game and things go pear-shaped?! Did the boys get together and say "Seriously, it's bad enough having her at home games, now she's going to EVERY game? Let's stuff up and hopefully she'll never do it again!"?

First and second game in Melbourne=Whompings
First game in Sydney=Whomping
First game in Perth=Not-quite-a-whomping-but-still-lost

Bleh. There's your "emotional" rant for the week.

In other news, I know how poor JPats feels. On Thursday I was at work all by myself and had to do everything :(

I know I shouldn't take losses personally, and I've said many a time the boys don't go out there to lose, but seriously? Last year we were on the up and up, then I say I'm going to every game and things go pear-shaped?! Did the boys get together and say "Seriously, it's bad enough having her at home games, now she's going to EVERY game? Let's stuff up and hopefully she'll never do it again!"?

First and second game in Melbourne=Whompings
First game in Sydney=Whomping
First game in Perth=Not-quite-a-whomping-but-still-lost

Bleh. There's your "emotional" rant for the week.

In other news, I know how poor JPats feels. On Thursday I was at work all by myself and had to do everything :(

His mate will be back next week Kezz,that will make it easier for him.

Its not your fault we are losing,just been a shitty year love.

sorry for having an opinion.
TBD, i'll double check with you before posting anything on here. as a teacher in training i'm sure you are more than capable of helping me with this.

Watching the game again just reminded me of a vent.

How often did we wanna get smothered?

So frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are unbelievably irrelevant in the grand scheme of the AFL.. Most of the commentators don't even know our players names, nor do they care!

I can see the merits of flying under the radar when you are a successful team competing for a premiership, but it is bloody useless when you are a bottom 6 team!

I just wish we had a drawcard player that could get the AFL community to at least sit up and notice, or even a potentially elite young player (Jaeger, Danniher, Cameron etc.). The AFL has ****ed us over with these expansion teams, we will never be given a priority pick because we have dignity as a football team to compete, we are financially up the shit and worst of all NO ONE CARES ABOUT US

/end rant

We are unbelievably irrelevant in the grand scheme of the AFL.. Most of the commentators don't even know our players names, nor do they care!

I can see the merits of flying under the radar when you are a successful team competing for a premiership, but it is bloody useless when you are a bottom 6 team!

I just wish we had a drawcard player that could get the AFL community to at least sit up and notice, or even a potentially elite young player (Jaeger, Danniher, Cameron etc.). The AFL has screwed us over with these expansion teams, we will never be given a priority pick because we have dignity as a football team to compete, we are financially up the shit and worst of all NO ONE CARES ABOUT US

/end rant
I have rung up talkback down here protesting that we are in a similar financial predicament to Melbourne (probably worse) woth worse facilities but as you say no one cares. Take a look at the bottom six from last year swap Port for St Kilda, not much change.

That's the thing... you can see us heading down the path towards Demon-like levels (at least off-field) and the AFL can too. Do we have to get that bad before they help out? Surely a "stitch in time saves nine" approach makes more sense.

I have some remaining faith that AFL assistance is on the way, but it is dwindling.

And definitely agree that we need a franchise player. It is a key to keeping us relevant up here.

The AFL got the Suns a shiny Ablett, they got the ****ing reigning premiers a Kurt Tippett and look like they are going to drop a Buddy Franklin on GWS's doorstop.

Yet here we are falling further and further behind off-field, the only club in an expansion market without a retention allowance, shithouse facilities and forced to rebuild through compromised drafts.

When Brown and Black retires we won't have any big names as well apart from Voss whose reputation has been damaged. We are a very unmarketable club in desperate need for a spark. Especially tough up against a very exciting club in the GC.

I just wish we had a drawcard player that could get the AFL community to at least sit up and notice, or even a potentially elite young player (Jaeger, Danniher, Cameron etc.). The AFL has screwed us over with these expansion teams, we will never be given a priority pick because we have dignity as a football team to compete, we are financially up the shit and worst of all NO ONE CARES ABOUT US

/end rant
Unfortunately that is very true.
No one gives a rats about us and they havent for a long time.
At the moment I hate the AFL.
I feel like venting ,but it would a waste of energy and nothing will change.
We are completely irrelevant.

And definitely agree that we need a franchise player. It is a key to keeping us relevant up here.

The AFL got the Suns a shiny Ablett, they got the ******* reigning premiers a Kurt Tippett and look like they are going to drop a Buddy Franklin on GWS's doorstop.

Yet here we are falling further and further behind off-field, the only club in an expansion market without a retention allowance, shithouse facilities and forced to rebuild through compromised drafts.

Few players I would consider throwing money at that haven't been mentioned as far as I can tell:

Jack Riewoldt
Cyril
Kieran Jack

Also think we should pursue every option available in trading for the 1st pick!!

Unfortunately that is very true.
No one gives a rats about us and they havent for a long time.
At the moment I hate the AFL.
I feel like venting ,but it would a waste of energy and nothing will change.
We are completely irrelevant.

I feel like the AFL competition is very close to becoming something like the EPL where only a few teams realistically have the chance of winning the premiership. I don't think having a number of years at the top means you will eventually go to the bottom and rise again through access to better draft picks like it appeared to happen 5 or so years ago. Seems like it would take something seriously wrong to knock teams like Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond & Essendon out of finals contention for even a season when they can now pick players up via free agency.

It is a very pessimistic view but if the premiership becomes something that is unrealistic for teams like us to get again, at least we went out with 3 in a row.

That's the thing... you can see us heading down the path towards Demon-like levels (at least off-field) and the AFL can too. Do we have to get that bad before they help out? Surely a "stitch in time saves nine" approach makes more sense.

I have some remaining faith that AFL assistance is on the way, but it is dwindling.

The AFL got the Suns a shiny Ablett, they got the ******* reigning premiers a Kurt Tippett and look like they are going to drop a Buddy Franklin on GWS's doorstop.

It is all Vossy's fault!;)

Have you been on Facebook,apparently EVERÝTHING is Vossys fault.:(

I can't even read comments on our facebook page any more. I swear there is one guy on there who has a serious vendetta against Voss. It makes me sick! Every time I see his name I know exactly what is coming.

I can't even read comments on our facebook page any more. I swear there is one guy on there who has a serious vendetta against Voss. It makes me sick! Every time I see his name I know exactly what is coming.

There is more than one unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back