The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Recorded half an hour at 67% last August, so not an unusual time of year to get good solar. Of course its less daylight hours so may not be the most over the course of the day.
Fun fact, Solar Panels work better in the cold than in the heat.
They recorded 72% last October.

The worst in August has been around 13% at 4:00am

That’s why you over spec solar.

I’ve had 2 days where my solar system hasn’t replenished my battery in winter. I still got to over 70% whilst heating the house.
You design it for the worst case scenario. It’s so cheap, especially in Australia.
I’m lucky where I live compared to other locations like south of the great divide.
We’ve got massive batteries being commissioned to absorb excess solar. More and more days are going to be completely supplied by renewables.
And I’ve mentioned EVs helping to absorb solar during the day.
Then we’ve got more wind into going the mix… and Snowy 2 and gas back up.
Anyone who thinks there is a need for Nuclear has rocks in their heads.

Another example of dual use of land for solar and agriculture. This is called “agrivoltaics” and is making farming communities richer. Not the farming apocalypse the fossil fuel shills keep warning about, quite the contrary.
See https://archive.is/JBk4H

Another example of dual use of land for solar and agriculture. This is called “agrivoltaics” and is making farming communities richer. Not the farming apocalypse the fossil fuel shills keep warning about, quite the contrary.
See https://archive.is/JBk4H

I’m sure a payment of $200k per kilometer of transmissions lines will help the farmers too.

Governments love rooftop solar, no private company would like that sort of return on investment, but it makes a lot of sense for householders.
i'm going to be selling up where i live, and downsizing, one reason i'd rather a small house rather than an apartment or unit, is the potential to control solar etc.

Governments love rooftop solar, no private company would like that sort of return on investment, but it makes a lot of sense for householders.
i'm going to be selling up where i live, and downsizing, one reason i'd rather a small house rather than an apartment or unit, is the potential to control solar etc.
We can't get it at this stage, too many trees.

I do feel for those who can't, like you said even a small town house with its own roof gives you the option.

Today I was thinking I should chuck the kettle in the pool so I could burn excess solar. .. negative wholesale feed in prices are everywhere at the moment. Tomorrow looks worse. 🤣

I had exported 36kw into the grid for a grand total of 3cents.
Amber still can’t get me curtailment working properly.

Also this happened in SA… they can basically turn off the smart meters for solar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today I was thinking I should chuck the kettle in the pool so I could burn excess solar. .. negative wholesale feed in prices are everywhere at the moment. Tomorrow looks worse. 🤣

I had exported 36kw into the grid for a grand total of 3cents.
Amber still can’t get me curtailment working properly.

Also this happened in SA… they can basically turn off the smart meters for solar.

Until there is a huge amount of battery for solar producers to sell to, solar surplus will be worth chicken feed.

It may have been covered already. Why do SA have the highest power prices despite having the highest renewables?

Looking at Open NEM SA prices are below NSW over the last 12 months.

I'm seeing 40c+ per kWh, which is mega exxy with so much renewable electricity

Looks like -$2.70/MWh to me. Also, how hilarious are the emissions differences.

1724486103325.png

The wholesale price is meaningless. I am referring to why is the retail price is so high.

Batteries cost a lot
This shows the really high peak prices as well as the negative prices.
S.A. also bought some not very efficient gas turbines.

The wholesale price is meaningless. I am referring to why is the retail price is so high.

Do you not know how the NEM works or just having a laugh?

Remove this Banner Ad

The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back