The worst Geelong player on the night

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair points then. And I agree with you, Hawkins wasn't our worst.

But there becomes a time when "showing encouraging signs" take a back seat to needing to win finals and picking the best side on the day, and so based on the fact that Mooney was considerably better than him last night, and what Pods showed 2 weeks ago, Hawkins did not do enough to play next week, which was my point, and it's absolutely true. Now he'll play, coz the coach loves him, but he probably shouldn't. Just sayin'.

And I agree with you, Dasher was one of the few who could hold his head high last night. Anyone who says otherwise didn't watch much of the game.
In the previous two games hawkins has averaged 2 goals 1, had 17 possessions, 9 marks, 2.5 tackles and 6.5 hit outs (against nicknat and cox for one game).
Although he missed those goals tonight, he has proven in those two weeks, when conditions are conducive, he can be a big plus to our side.
I don't want to be tom's dad, fighting his battles, but he seems to be doing enough to fight his own, just people are expecting him to be jonathon brown at 20.

Look, not much point going over this now.....but I guess Josh hunt read the article about himself in the sun,he comes across to me as fairly arrogant( I dont know him personally) and deserved the bake from bomber, I never want to see him get stuck into Ablett or any other player again after his despicable performance last night ! bit harsh ? well the team was out coached and outplayed, I'm sure they're crapped off and will bounce back next week (come on down pods!)

Blake played like Blake last night, just zero impact. Surely a line must be put through his name and Tomahawk given the second ruck now Pods will be back.

Corey was a joke.
Hunt is the weakest 100kg player in 1 on 1 battles in the game.
Selwood i love you but you also played the worst game of your fine career.

Luckily we will brush past Freo and hopefully get through without a dent and then turn to probably the Pies in the prelim.

But Blake cant play again, id almost rather West than Blake and i dont rate him either.

In the previous two games hawkins has averaged 2 goals 1, had 17 possessions, 9 marks, 2.5 tackles and 6.5 hit outs (against nicknat and cox for one game).
Although he missed those goals tonight, he has proven in those two weeks, when conditions are conducive, he can be a big plus to our side.
I don't want to be tom's dad, fighting his battles, but he seems to be doing enough to fight his own, just people are expecting him to be jonathon brown at 20.

I just want him to play at the standard I know he is caoable of.

our last two games were against West coast and Carlton. No disrepect to those two teams but they just aren't even in the same league as St kilda or Collingwood, especially in defense.

FWIW I think Hawk will stay in and Blake will be dropped. Freo looks to have sewn up the game against the hawks and I think we need Hawk to help negate Sandi's influence around the ground, esp when Sandi is 5th in the league for contested marks. May as well concede they will win hitouts anyway. Plenty will disagree with me but I just don't like Hawk in the forwardline at the moment.

All I said was I thought he was one of the worst last night. The whole team (bar mooney,dasher, ablett, varcoe, bartel, ling and stokes) were ordinary. Shouldn't have singled him out so bad but that loss made me grumpy so I apologise for ruffling a few feathers. Watching the game today I think this loss is going to work in our favour and I hope we get a shot at redemption against the saints for last nights bad effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst Geelong player on the night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back