Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just assumed she's hired a publicist in the last year or so, and that's why she's bobbing up on reality shows now?

I dunno. Surely they wouldn't do it if people didn't watch the crap? Even for alleged ironic reasons.

What's next? MAFS or farmer wants? I assume she's not had much chance to develop her cooking or painting game given her previous, erm, duties.

Oooh, The Bachelorette?

I imagine free to air is mostly consumed by hospitals, waiting rooms and aged care these days.
indeed

the today show was on at the medical clinic recently. luckily a nice receptionist was there to take my focus away. one of those ones who never smiles but is still an attractive person

Ive got binge and kayo and find I still watch more FTA

SBS food or home reno or car reno and insiders

Huh. Interesting.
I was down to just AFL and cricket on FTA until I gave up trying not to give Rupert money (What's the point when the government just cut him cheques anyway?) and got Kayo back. Now I watch even the 7 games through Kayo instead of FTA because you get different (and in my opinion less annoying) ads.

Literally haven't changed the "source" on my TV back to TV for over a year now.

Huh. Interesting.
I was down to just AFL and cricket on FTA until I gave up trying not to give Rupert money (What's the point when the government just cut him cheques anyway?) and got Kayo back. Now I watch even the 7 games through Kayo instead of FTA because you get different (and in my opinion less annoying) ads.

Literally haven't changed the "source" on my TV back to TV for over a year now.
Binge was free for 3 months so need to either cancel this week or pay $15....still umming and ahhing
Kayo is $5 a month through telstra its only for AFL I have zero interest in other sports

I imagine free to air is mostly consumed by hospitals, waiting rooms and aged care these days.

In my aunt's Home for the Bewildered the other day, a dozen crusties were in the lounge (including my aunt) propped up in armchairs aimed at the television - that had an unchanging "Music Channel" graphic while belting out some very sub-par country wailings.

I don't think that's something the Royal Commission considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayo instead of FTA because you get different (and in my opinion less annoying) ads.

Just after satellite TV was introduced in NZ, it was always an adventure staying up late to watch the F1 in crystal clear vision (unless it was raining hard and breaking up the signal). Annoying thing was the same four or five house ads that ran at every ad break, as it was still too new and in the wrong timeslot to attract advertisers. Then someone had the excellent idea of just staying with the international feed from (country du jour) and we'd get ads from Singapore, Germany, Japan etc. It was brilliant/strange/enjoyable all at the same time, woke you up, and we even saw ads shown in NZ but dubbed in other languages.

Then they pulled the plug after some **** head dick head went gushing to the media about it, and Sky realised these advertisers were getting free airtime. Yeah, as if I'd run out and buy some Thai brand of toothpaste tomorrow. So we went back to the same annoying string of house ads... :(

i was in hospital a few times last year and the thieves make you pay for FTA tv now.

Same. They've been doing it for years. I used an ipad and 3G phone tether and noise cancelling headphones. Thoroughly shitful being in a 4-bed room with three other campaigners and two of them are watching different channels with the sound turned up.

Our internet was down and we strayed into FTA. It was pretty dire. Reality shows and NCIS repeats. The ABC was the only interesting channel.

Our internet was down and we strayed into FTA. It was pretty dire. Reality shows and NCIS repeats. The ABC was the only interesting channel.

Yup news and Racing.com the only FTA tv I watch these days

snoop dogg and people like him sh*t me to death.

the guy has been involved in drug trafficking, drug possession, traffic violations, multiple firearm violations, taking weapons on airlines, assault, vandalism, bankruptcy and was the driver in a shooting where a man was killed. the guy still regularly gets caught in possession of drugs and for taking drugs.

then goes on tv and movies and flaunts his addiction and refuses to change.

menulog must have been smoking something when they thought a convicted drug addict was the best person to be in their ads.
And Mark Wahlberg was a racist POS who near bashed a Vietnam veteran to death, then applies to have his criminal record waived so he can open his restaurant chain in certain states, despite having never apologised or compensated his victim.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And Mark Wahlberg was a racist POS who bear bashed a Vietnam veteran to death, then applies to have his criminal record waived so he can open his restaurant chain in certain states, despite having never apologised or compensated his victim.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

the other one who shits me is chris brown

still gets to release music and be on tv after his effort at becoming world inter gender boxing champion.

then has spent this rest of his time since committing crime like its going out of fashion and still gets to walk around free

people like this should be lined up and shot

still gets to release music and be on tv after his effort at becoming world inter gender boxing champion.

then has spent this rest of his time since committing crime like its going out of fashion and still gets to walk around free

I think there's a definite double standard when it come to hip hop musicians (Marky Mark was a rapper too) compared to the rest of the world.

Can't help but post this whenever this campaigner is mentioned.

If someone on screen is annoying you it should be easy enough to find another option. It's not like it's the 80s with 4 channels on TV.
Well yeah, I don't actually watch anything she is on yet somehow find myself exposed to her appearances through ads, chat on here etc. No skin off my nose, but she doesn't deserve even that level of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back