Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started on Dunhill Blue's at about $2.50 for 25.

Peter Jackson 15's for about $1 (the milk bar up the road from the school gouged at $1.10) were very popular when I was starting High School. Almost like they were designed for kids, being easier to secret the pack on your person. :think:

I had fast food for the first time in a while and a large McDonalds meal was like $12, swear they were $9 when I last got one.

Question for people working on Anzac Day this year, are you being paid penalty rates? Anzac Day falls on a Sunday so penalty rates apply to the Monday public holiday but I'm assuming it depends on the industry for Sunday.

Winfield nailed the Australian ciggie market when they got Hoges selling their product.

Winnie Reds only 40 cents, those were the days.

Actually, looking at that ad, it's pretty easy to see how he totally caught fire in the 80's. I know it's popular amongst younger folk to eye-roll at a lot of his stuff nowadays, but back then he was a bonafide A-lister.

That advert reminds me of that famous old quote: "The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, looking at that ad, it's pretty easy to see how he totally caught fire in the 80's. I know it's popular amongst younger folk to eye-roll at a lot of his stuff nowadays, but back then he was a bonafide A-lister.

That advert reminds me of that famous old quote: "The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made."

I hated it when Hoges took off internationally with Crocodile Dundee as I just wanted him to keep on making The Paul Hogan Show.

That was when he was at his funniest.

Who can forget Arthur Donger.

"Not the gut" lol

I hated it when Hoges took off internationally with Crocodile Dundee as I just wanted him to keep on making The Paul Hogan Show.

That was when he was at his funniest.

Who can forget Arthur Donger.

"Not the gut" lol

"Detective Sergeant Donger, here to rough ya up" 🤣

And the bionic gut! That was the funniest thing I had ever seen when I was in primary school!

Nothing wrong with SOTC. It was fun being carryover champ, and knowing I'd wipe the floor with all the other contestants. It wasn't fun when a mate at the studio pointed at a new guy, said that the main showcase hadn't been won in a while and they were worried about ratings, so they brought in this ringer. Bloody university professor fresh from winning the Krypton Factor. Gave him a ****ing good run for his money, we both had over $100 but I went down by $10 in the end. Of course he wiped the floor with all the other contestants and walked away with what should have been my Mitsubishi and cash. :(

Nothing wrong with SOTC. It was fun being carryover champ, and knowing I'd wipe the floor with all the other contestants. :(

It's wasn't just knowing the answers though. You had to be quick. Someone I know went on the show. She said she knew most of the answers but just wasn't quick enough.

Nothing wrong with SOTC. It was fun being carryover champ, and knowing I'd wipe the floor with all the other contestants. It wasn't fun when a mate at the studio pointed at a new guy, said that the main showcase hadn't been won in a while and they were worried about ratings, so they brought in this ringer. Bloody university professor fresh from winning the Krypton Factor. Gave him a ******* good run for his money, we both had over $100 but I went down by $10 in the end. Of course he wiped the floor with all the other contestants and walked away with what should have been my Mitsubishi and cash. :(
bastards.

It's wasn't just knowing the answers though. You had to be quick. Someone I know went on the show. She said she knew most of the answers but just wasn't quick enough.

I was on in 1999 was too slow then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back