Things That Shit Me (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or stand in doorways at railway stations, then looked offended when you push past them.

Or people who stand in the right hand lane of escalators, god that shits me no end.

Same here. I wish we were more like London.. over there its a HUGE "no no" to push onto the tube before people have gotton off it. And also I think its the other way round, but people stand to the right on esculators- this is like set in stone. Lol, I learnt that the hard way when I first arrived there. :eek:

Haha, no shit! That's pissed me of in the past too :D

The only thing I can think of is maybe its for people who have just gotten home from work... and have fabulous lives and are about to go out again??? Who knows.. it must cost a fortune to run that stupid helicopter tho, lol.

Just try doing that on the escalators in the London underground. I made that mistake when I first got over there, I nearly started a riot.

LMAO... I didnt even see your post and I just pretty much just wrote the same thing.

Hehehe so you made the same mistake I did.. :D:thumbsu:

Can sound patronising at times, depending on the tone people use. Kind of like when people call you 'buddy' or 'champ', which makes you feel like you're a special needs kid.

Grrrrr, that irritates me no end...Buddy to me is a Yank term, that can **** off and 'champ', yeah, you feel like they are patronising you. :mad:

ChipEsten.jpg

Maybe some Americans find being called a 'Yank' patronising. Now you know how it feels...

The term Yank is actually short for Yankee, which is what Southerners call Northerners in the US. In effect they call themselves Yanks so I doubt they would take too much offence at other people using that term. Probably no worse than them calling us Aussies.

Maybe some Americans find being called a 'Yank' patronising. Now you know how it feels...

If I were to be patronising or insulting to American's I'd probably call them Seppo's...as far as I am aware Yank is not patronising. It would depend on the situation and how its said I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who use the word 'epic' in the wrong context.

My mate joined a group on Facebook called 'Mangoes are epic.'

How is a piece of fruit epic at all?

Extra chewing gum in the 14 piece cardboard box thing.

2 days in this heat and every piece is basically just a piece of goo.

****ing ridiculous.

As a frequent consumer of Extra (who always carries a packet in their pocket), this annoys me terribly.

Opening a bag of wedges and finding three quarters of the wedges are no bigger than you thumb nail.

Along with this, opening a bag of corn chips and finding that 3/4 of them are broken. Particularly annoying when you're making nachos.

One thing that has really begun to annoy me is when people stand there and take up the whole doorway when buying a ticket on the bus. There's enough space for two people, so stand to the left and let the people who have a multitrip (eg. me) walk past you. Alternately, I could just push past, but being tall (6'5") and a male, it'd just make me look like an aggressive jerk :p

Apparently anyone who does anything these days is a 'reveler', according to the media. Especially around NYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back