Society & Culture Things that shit me (Part 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also to do with delivery, AusPost giving you those Registered Post slips but are open from 9-5pm. Most people start before 9 and end work after or on 5pm. As well as that they always change the Post office on me. Caught more than once not checking the card's address and going to the wrong Post Office.

Also shits me that they only write the initials and surname on the card. My wife and I both have the same initial so many times I have gone to collect the parcel and they refuse to hand it over as the parcel has my wife's full name written on it, which obviously doesn't match my ID.

When I suggest they write the full name on the card next time, they just shrug their shoulders.

Thanks for wasting my time ... Again!

People who love to tell everyone they are independent and have moved out of home. In the next breath, they let slip how their parents come over and do the washing, ironing, cleaning, gardening, arse wiping etc for them all the time.

Become an adult and don't be so damn lazy - you might as well have just moved into the garden shed/granny flat at home and saved the effort/money of getting your own place.

Also shits me that they only write the initials and surname on the card. My wife and I both have the same initial so many times I have gone to collect the parcel and they refuse to hand it over as the parcel has my wife's full name written on it, which obviously doesn't match my ID.

When I suggest they write the full name on the card next time, they just shrug their shoulders.

Thanks for wasting my time ... Again!

I've picked up parcels for my dad numerous times without hassle. Either my post office don't care or yours are *****

Grammar nazis
People that use the expressions 'Get a life' or 'Toughen up princess'
People that say 'we...' when referring to a club they barrack for
People that refer to Americans as 'seppos' (quite possibly the most bogan trait ever)

Soccer... went to my first game ever today, now I realize why it took 25 yrs for me to go watch a game. It will be at least 25 more years until I go watch another one.

Twenty20... It used to be fun and enjoyable going to a domestic T20 game, now they just play techno/dance crap non-stop and the 2 boundary riders and Schibecci were horribly annoying.

Shit day all up.

Whoops, that wasn't even supposed to be posted in this forum.

I'll post something just for the sake of this topic, the rise of dudes posting a photo of themselves topless and tensing in every photo on FB (well mine anyway).

Couriers/Package Delivery people

Ordered a few different things online and expected to get most of them today so made sure i stayed home, at about 2:30pm i thought something should have been delivered by now so i head down to the letterbox and see that one package (express post) has been hurled over my fence (about 2m) onto concrete despite the fact it had "fragile glass" and "electronics" all over it, it was a replacement laptop screen for a mate that was thankfully not broken since it was packed pretty well.

Then in the letterbox is a slip for registered post and a slip from toll saying there was nobody home. I tested my buzzer so it is just sheer laziness, if they actually go to the trouble of driving to my house wait the extra 30 seconds it takes to hit the buzzer and give me the package.

Have received a 'you missed us' card.....when I was home. Some are lazy, just put the card in the letter box.

anyone that reads this post, and has had this happen to them i'd go down to your local post office and try investigate a bit further.

reason being this used to happen to my folks about 3 years ago... dad, being dad, buy shit off e bay all the time. obviously comes in the post.

after always getting the registered post slip in the mail box all the time, dad went to the post office and it still kept happening and after a few months with the post office trying to work out what happened, dad and a few other local residents saying this was happening to them too and word spreading throughout the local community they figured it out.

the postman was doing another job on the side.... so he was getting all the parcels in the morning, driving to all the places and putting in the registered post slips, delivering a handful but not many, dumping his van at home, then going of to another job for about 5-6 hours, going to collect his van and dropping back all the parcels at the post office, and essentially collecting 2 pay cheques....

and it turns out this sort of stuff was happening in quite a number of post offices.

People who love to tell everyone they are independent and have moved out of home. In the next breath, they let slip how their parents come over and do the washing, ironing, cleaning, gardening, arse wiping etc for them all the time.

Become an adult and don't be so damn lazy - you might as well have just moved into the garden shed/granny flat at home and saved the effort/money of getting your own place.

More fool the parents, usually mums. I know of a couple of guys who after they got MARRIED and moved out of home their mum would drop off lunch at work. So guess who was embarrassed when I asked him if he was still a "mummy's boy".

Actually, women who just about wipe their grown up able bodied son's butts shit me.

Soccer... went to my first game ever today, now I realize why it took 25 yrs for me to go watch a game. It will be at least 25 more years until I go watch another one.

Twenty20... It used to be fun and enjoyable going to a domestic T20 game, now they just play techno/dance crap non-stop and the 2 boundary riders and Schibecci were horribly annoying.

Shit day all up.

You need to grow to appreciate football. Clearly you're taking a subjective view on it so of coure you're not going to like it.

You need to grow to appreciate football. Clearly you're taking a subjective view on it so of coure you're not going to like it.

You don't know what the word 'subjective' means do you?

He could have a subjective view on it and love it immensly.

And I seriously doubt with your first sentence you are taking an objective view.

Lots of us appreciate football. Its just Association Football, that some here dont appreciate.

Now things that Shit Me.
People who refer to a minority football code in Australia as "Football" and consider it improper to refer to it by its nickname Socc ( from Association) er.
Pompous twats.

In England Football can be assumed to refer to Association Football on most occasions because its the most popular form of Football there.
But in the USA and Australia you are just being ignorant.

Grammar nazis
People that refer to Americans as 'seppos' (quite possibly the most bogan trait ever)

I'm a member of the football club so I am well within my rights to refer to the Bulldogs as we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grammar nazis

I believe it's actually "harden up princess".

Which would actually be my response to you ;)

Lots of us appreciate football. Its just Association Football, that some here dont appreciate.

Now things that Shit Me.
People who refer to a minority football code in Australia as "Football" and consider it improper to refer to it by its nickname Socc ( from Association) er.
Pompous twats.

In England Football can be assumed to refer to Association Football on most occasions because its the most popular form of Football there.

A nickname, I'll add, which was devised in the country FROM WHERE THE GAME ORIGINATES in the ****ing 1800's no less.

Now things that Shit Me.
Pompous twats.

Actually I disagree and think the AFL has themselves to blame for putting themselves in a position to lose the right to be called 'football' by changing it's name (by deed poll) to 'afl'.

I have no problem with people calling soccer, football. Either either really.

Now things that Shit Me.
Pompous twats.

Oh get over yourself man. People can and will call it what they want. It's called football everywhere else, it's the world game, I'll call it what I damn well like.

I think you're the ignorant one when you can't be open minded about what people call a sport. Oh the irony.

Oh get over yourself man. People can and will call it what they want. It's called football everywhere else, it's the world game, I'll call it what I damn well like.

I think you're the ignorant one when you can't be open minded about what people call a sport. Oh the irony.

Sorry Cruyff14, Soccer is Soccer. AFL is Football and NRL is Rugby.

Whoops, that wasn't even supposed to be posted in this forum.

I'll post something just for the sake of this topic, the rise of dudes posting a photo of themselves topless and tensing in every photo on FB (well mine anyway).

In a similar fashion, people in general who will take a photo of themselves and then proceed to share it multiple times just to get comments and likes on facebook.

Try having a Beetle crawl into your ear then have it move for like 30mins Whilst its doing this its scratching the shit of your Inner ear and manages to burst your ear drum:thumbsdown:

Then if this isnt annoying enough aswell as Extremely painful, you call an Ambo only to have them say they can't touch it as they arent allowed to touch ears and eyes in an emergency situation :mad::mad: I mean wtf???

You then have to go to the Hospital which is like 45mins away via car and its like 1.00am in the morning They finally get the **** of a thing out then tell me that I have to go back at 8am to get looked at by a doc:mad::mad:
The docs looks at it give me ear drops and Endone and tell me it should heal up ( the scratches) in a few days ( Yeh this isnt happening

A week later my ear is infected and I now have to go back to the Hospital because my doc decided to take a month long holiday ( yeah we only have 1 doc in our area)

I'm now deaf in that ear ( its only temporarily) and my ear itself is very sore all because a stupid Beetle :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back