Things you wish they'd bring back to the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or just little innovations which have fallen by the wayside.

Anyone remember Richmond's Roar Metre circa 99-01? Had some good moments.

Doggie Doggie Doggie, woof woof woof, how many's that, Huddo, seven? Anyone remember that innovation?

Also John Barnes' Honey Sticky Moments from 2002 (top three clangers of the week). Add to that the Voice of the G, and the song, 'because NOTHING beats the FOOTY at the M-C-G'.

I'm sure there are heaps of others.

Reserves playing before the seniors. Less players on the interchange bench. Every team having their own home ground (unrealistic but it would be cool).

+1:thumbsu:

Bring back the butcher coats on the goal umpires, and have them signal the goals in 1970s style where its a quick down and up motion of the index fingers rather than the 2 second stationary position they do now.

Also, lots and lots of confetti and ballons come GF Day with cheesey banners along the fence like "NORTH HAVE COURAGE!" and "TIGER TUFF!"

That Goal Percentage thing. Didn't cost anything and did no harm. And would always provide with fun guessing games at the %age of the goal's kickableness. If that's a word.

Bring back the butcher coats on the goal umpires, and have them signal the goals in 1970s style where its a quick down and up motion of the index fingers rather than the 2 second stationary position they do now.

Also, lots and lots of confetti and ballons come GF Day with cheesey banners along the fence like "NORTH HAVE COURAGE!" and "TIGER TUFF!"

I'm liking these ideas.

Wouldn't mind a suburban ground or two as well :D

kicking the footy after the game aswel, i want the afl to bring in something, Cheerleaders:D tht would be good

show_image.php

I wonder how many of them got paid $5000 to keep quiet? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserves playing before the seniors. Less players on the interchange bench. Every team having their own home ground (unrealistic but it would be cool).

Exactly what I was going to say. I used to love getting to the Western Oval when I was a kid at the start of the reserves standing behind the goals while dad was up at the windsock

Exactly what I was going to say. I used to love getting to the Western Oval when I was a kid at the start of the reserves standing behind the goals while dad was up at the windsock

The graphic that showed how far out a player was and on what angle. It's fun to laugh at how inaccurate it is - like if Richo is 25m out directly in front and its 90%, or if Richo's 50m out on a 45 degree angle and it's 10%.

Chances are he'll slot the hard one and miss the easy one.

Remember when fence ads were metal signs, perfect to bang on and make some noise.

These days, Ground Security tell you off for just leaning over the fence, might damage the signs.

Doggie Doggie Doggie, woof woof woof, how many's that, Huddo, seven? Anyone remember that innovation?
I remember been at a Collingwood v Bulldog match where Collingwood were pumping the Dogs. Late into the last quarter the dogs kicked a goal and its gone doggie doggie doggies follow by boooooooooooo. It was the last time i heard that chant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things you wish they'd bring back to the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back