Preview Tigers Vs. Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish he played Morton and put Farmer on the bench. Morton was more damaging for 8 minutes than Farmer's whole game.

Think it was probably good for Mitch, hopefully the coaches pointed out his intensity in those 8 minutes and are demanding it for 4 qtrs. A fit and firing Morton will go a long way to securing the 4 pts

Glad to see Webbers get a look in, has worked a lot harder for his few opportunities than others, but good luck for him. Would have liked to see Irish too but he can wait another week.

Surprised to see I am first to comment on final line-up over an hour after it was released.:confused: Either nothing to whinge about or we are kind of over it

Me too...:thumbsu:...

Interested seeing people on here so confident.

I don't think we'll win, some how. Frawley usually keeps Jack fairly quiet, so I'm not sure how we'll get the score on the board.

Anyway, heres hoping I'm wrong.

Yeah I agree!
Especially considering the year we've had I'm surprised people are so confident this week and that heaps of people thought we were dead certainties in the form we were in had we played the Suns and Power in Melbourne.

I was at the game in Round 14 and seem to remember us getting smashed in the middle. Melbourne had a tag on Cotchin and Martin, and Foley got abit of it but wasn't damaging. Moloney and Scully ran riot!

Will be interested to see if Graham has any influence around the ground.

Also, we've got Tuck listed as Ruck/Rover, so the use of a mature bigger body should at least give us a chance to stop the Demons getting clean first use of the ball out of the middle all day long.

I'm backing us (but probably because I'm not smart enough not too!).

Exactly!... :thumbsu: ...

Tucky will bring a bruising game plan to the center clearances that will make the Dees have Deja Vu...

Really liking the look of Matty Dea in his first couple of games, got good size and pace and puts his head over the footy, hoping that he can end the season well and force his way into the 22 next year

You can already see the great balance and awareness he has from his basketball background. I have high hopes he is that small/medium lockdown defender we have been looking for forca long time.

You can already see the great balance and awareness he has from his basketball background. I have high hopes he is that small/medium lockdown defender we have been looking for forca long time.
Just remembering Dea's debut last year - against his namesake (the Dees :)) and he had a shocker. Hopefully time for payback.

I too am sick of opposition smalls having a day out against us - Nicoski and Gilbee with their career best 6 goals, Port's Gray with his 4 and the first half v Cats their 3-4 smalls had a picnic. However, let's not look to one player to be "the answer" - shutting down opposition smalls is as much a team defence thing all over the ground - especially starting in midfield.

A relevant stat I think is the Inside 50's - v Cats and West Coast the differential was 31 and 25 respectively their way - that is massive, no wonder our defence was over-run. Last week we won the Inside 50 count by 11 and lo and behold, Swans are held to 7 goals. Seems an obvious link

Just remembering Dea's debut last year - against his namesake (the Dees :)) and he had a shocker. Hopefully time for payback.

I too am sick of opposition smalls having a day out against us - Nicoski and Gilbee with their career best 6 goals, Port's Gray with his 4 and the first half v Cats their 3-4 smalls had a picnic. However, let's not look to one player to be "the answer" - shutting down opposition smalls is as much a team defence thing all over the ground - especially starting in midfield.

A relevant stat I think is the Inside 50's - v Cats and West Coast the differential was 31 and 25 respectively their way - that is massive, no wonder our defence was over-run. Last week we won the Inside 50 count by 11 and lo and behold, Swans are held to 7 goals. Seems an obvious link

Well said.

Our midfield's greatest weakness is having a defensive side to their game. A lot of players are great when they have the ball, but few show the ability to defend. That is why small forwards have a picnic against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Jack will play a real team game today - Frawley is a good matchup 1 on 1 but Jack's ability to push up the ground could take him out of his comfort zone a bit. I don't see them having a great matchup for Vickery, maybe Stefan Martin (he is named forward though). Not sure about this one overall, we seem to be pretty well matched.

I reckon Jack will play a real team game today - Frawley is a good matchup 1 on 1 but Jack's ability to push up the ground could take him out of his comfort zone a bit. I don't see them having a great matchup for Vickery, maybe Stefan Martin (he is named forward though). Not sure about this one overall, we seem to be pretty well matched.

well that would go a long way to us winning key will be making frawley follow him so that leaves vicks and miller to compete. hope jack has a big game though. :thumbsu:

If we want to win today we must make the most of our opportunities, dont alow the Dees to get cheap goals, win the contested ball and play like we did last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Tigers Vs. Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back