Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on guys, you can’t steal the Dodo’s limelight this trade period!
Imagine the melts if Dodo gets the Daniher trade done before the Kelly trade

I just can't see West Coast getting anywhere near a p6 equivalent. Even if you packaged p14+p24+ 2020p1, I don't think many sides will bite.

Top-ten picks are just absolute gold now that footy clubs are so much better at recruitment.
Thatd fair and you take what you can get or he goes to the draft.
The longer it takes the weaker Geelongs position becomes.

While these picks will likely be turned into other ones, what do eagles/geelong/neutral posters think is a fair amount for West Coast to give up?

a) 14 + 24 = 1,946

b) 14 + R1 2019 = 2,322

c) 14 + 24 + 33 = 2,509

d) 14 + R1 2019 + 33 = 2,885

e) 14 + R1 2019 + 24 = 3,107

I’ve done points just as a rough guide (everyone knows the AFL’s DVI is a joke that massively over-values later picks), based on our future first being pick 14.

Hay gaiz... When has strengthening a contending team ever been an issue if the team is not West Coast? Asking for a friend.
2007..Chris Judd. Judd preferred Collingwood confirmed by Judd about 5 or so years ago not long after he retired. West Coast said at the time "he won't be going to Collingwood". carlton had better picks and Judd thought a trade was more likely with carlton, so Judd chose carlton.

We'd just beaten WCE in a semi final @ Subi. Lost the PF but were contending at that time.

I think it's pretty obvious Geelong & Eagles won't agree on a trade. Geelong has made it clear TK would strengthen WC too much - the goal posts keep shifting so to make sure it doesn't happen. WC need to either get in front of Freo or get the price/length too much for freo to stomach. Bypass Geelong if possible.

While these picks will likely be turned into other ones, what do eagles/geelong/neutral posters think is a fair amount for West Coast to give up?

a) 14 + 24 = 1,946

b) 14 + R1 2019 = 2,322

c) 14 + 24 + 33 = 2,509

I’ve done points just as a rough guide (everyone knows the AFL’s DVI is a joke that massively over-values later picks), based on our future first being pick 14.
14, 22 and a fringe player

Well in this case, he wants to go home for family reasons and based on what I have been told its fair enough. BUT, if he wants to simply get home then either of the 2 WA clubs should be satisfactory. I have the same query over Vic players wanting to come home also. Ludicrous.
I for one thing am not going to dispute your position or other opinions on this Forum about Football Clubs' desires over a players preference. If this has been your consistent stance then that's respectable. I'll take your word that you have expressed these thoughts on the threads of Victorian players referencing a club. These deals happen regularly. The point I and some others on this forum are trying to make is, that people are losing their collective minds because Tim Kelly has requested a trade to WC. So why the uproar now?

a) 14 + 24 = 1,946

b) 14 + R1 2019 = 2,322

c) 14 + 24 + 33 = 2,509

d,

or e with 36 coming back.

Cats get their 3 picks inside 30, and "more than 2 first rounders"

I'd suggest both teams already know the rough deal and its just arguing over the minor picks.

2007..Chris Judd. Judd preferred Collingwood confirmed by Judd about 5 or so years ago not long after he retired. West Coast said at the time "he won't be going to Collingwood". carlton had better picks and Judd thought a trade was more likely with carlton, so Judd chose carlton.

We'd just beaten WCE in a semi final @ Subi. Lost the PF but were contending at that time.

Lol, Judd chose Carlton because of the VISY mega-millions

I think it's pretty obvious Geelong & Eagles won't agree on a trade. Geelong has made it clear TK would strengthen WC too much - the goal posts keep shifting so to make sure it doesn't happen. WC need to either get in front of Freo or get the price/length too much for freo to stomach. Bypass Geelong if possible.
Bypassing Geelong completely seems to be the way forward now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to the interview with Kelly at the airport.
I gotta say it's pretty disgusting from the media to keep pushing Fremantle

Why the agenda?
Why does the media push Fremantle and GFC push Fremantle
No other player that I can remember has had this shit pushed on them.

He's chosen west coast so **** off with the Fremantle shit and honour what he's asked for you campaigners

WC will just have to sell the farm for Kelly.

Can’t go promising such a big contract (after courting him for a couple years)plus all the other perks that come with a wc players contract to a player only to then baulk at trade time because the club thinks it derserves a cheap deal.
Would be very unprofessional and I’m not sure Kelly would be too impressed either.

WC -two first and second (pick 22) for Kelly is fair considering the circumstances

I for one thing am not going to dispute your position or other opinions on this Forum about Football Clubs' desires over a players preference. If this has been your consistent stance then that's respectable. I'll take your word that you have expressed these thoughts on the threads of Victorian players referencing a club. These deals happen regularly. The point I and some others on this forum are trying to make is, that people are losing their collective minds because Tim Kelly has requested a trade to WC. So why the uproar now?

Cos we are supporters, we are not renowned for using logic when it comes to our own sides. Every big trade turns into a S fight.

The real problem for Geelong is they have an ageing mid field and he is both close to their best and has many years to come. So they are venting.

Seriously, this has almost never happened in the history of draft and trade. Nick Stevens, Luke Ball, that's basically it. "He'll walk for nothing" is like Pickup Artistry: seems to work a lot more on the internet than in reality.
He walks for nothing if Geelong doesn't come to the trade party

a) 14 + 24 = 1,946

b) 14 + R1 2019 = 2,322

c) 14 + 24 + 33 = 2,509

Point value only valuable to NGA and academy players. If 7 academy players in top 10 next year pick 14 could turn into second Rd pick.

WC will just have to sell the farm for Kelly.

Can’t go promising such a big contract (after courting him for a couple years)plus all the other perks that come with a wc players contract to a player only to then baulk at trade time because the club thinks it derserves a cheap deal.
Would be very unprofessional and I’m not sure Kelly would be too impressed either.

WC -two first and second (pick 22) for Kelly is fair considering the circumstances
This is school child thinking. There is a value they will pay and a value they will not go beyond. This is the opportunity cost.

This is school child thinking. There is a value they will pay and a value they will not go beyond. This is the opportunity cost.
This is the same supporter base who are saying Pick 6 for Chris Mayne (Brad Hill) is not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back