To the "get rid of Crouch and Crouch crew"

Remove this Banner Ad

You were also saying "get rid of Greenwood, get rid of Keath, get rid of Lyons, get rid of McGovern, get rid of Cameron", and here we are.
I wanted to keep Greenwood, Keath, Gov and CC. Lyons I didn’t have much time for. Brouch just hasn’t taken that next step to elite that we were promised for so long. Matt is trolling us - he’s a pure stat ladder these days.

And danger and gunstan and tippet and bock......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gunstan was an unknown player, the Hawks made him into the player he has become. Not sure most wanted to keep Tippett at $1M a season (developed into sh*t at Sydney for a $1M player) and Bock at $650K+ a season......

You were also saying "get rid of Greenwood, get rid of Keath, get rid of Lyons, get rid of McGovern, get rid of Cameron", and here we are.

Pretty sure you’ll find they were different groups.

Personally I felt we’d be far better served trading the Crouch brothers (both obviously holding significantly more trade value than Greenwood/CEY) than Greenwood +/- CEY.

The latter 2 may be older, but were still young enough to combine with Sloane to hold the fort whilst we redeveloped the midfield.

The only benefit of holding Brad is that we may net ourselves a #2 pick if we do in fact get band one compo for him.

Matt’s value on the other hand has absolutely plummeted.

I don’t think anyone wanted to see Charlie and Mitch go. Charlie had clearly checked out of our club half way through 2017 though, keeping him was doing neither party any favors. I’m sure subjecting him to the camp would have done wonders for his career.

Mitch is hardly making us regret letting him go. Went a long way to getting us McAdam and McHenry, albeit I think his best position is as a 3rd tall defender. Has his moments as a forward, but just doesn’t do enough for his talent.

Considering I am now in the - time to move on from the crouches group.

No - I've always thought getting rid of Greenwood was a mistake.
Didn't care in the slightest about keeping/losing Keath.
Didn't care in the slightest about keeping/losing Lyons (I'll own my bad call there).
I was against getting rid of McGovern.
Apprehensive but thought it was the right move to lose Cameron instead of McGovern.
Was all for getting rid of Lever, was very overrated.

We are not here because of any of this. We are here because we screwed the pooch off-field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the pub on Hutt Street from memory.

Not sure where o got the Maid from, just googled and couldn't find the pub, but they did say in town. Bit of a chequered character. Assault, meth dealing Mum, telling punting mates he's starting forward and pretty sure he was identified as using banned substances through the NRL doping investigation. But nothing came of it, presumably due to his retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

To the "get rid of Crouch and Crouch crew"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back