Play Nice Toby Greene and "protecting the space"

Remove this Banner Ad

Players have been doing this for a long time, its within the rules and he is executing it to perfection. People claiming intent to injure are being stupid. If they change the rules then so be it but when they allow defenders to fly back with the flight, scrag and hold all day long a mid sized marking fwd is up against it. Hasn't played for a month and is bog in a final first game back. I smell fear and envy.

I find tackling a players arm Cyril style to be a bigger blight on the game.

Players have been doing this for a long time, its within the rules and he is executing it to perfection. People claiming intent to injure are being stupid. If they change the rules then so be it but when they allow defenders to fly back with the flight, scrag and hold all day long a mid sized marking fwd is up against it. Hasn't played for a month and is bog in a final first game back. I smell fear and envy.

I find tackling a players arm Cyril style to be a bigger blight on the game.
This is a troll post? Grabbing an arm is a worse action than kicking someone? And remember I stated I don't think his intentions wete to hurt opponents so no fear or envy here.

Michael Long used to do it with impunity. Bit rough to start handing out sanctions now.
Rules can't change over time? Pretty sure hits to the head were fine, once upon a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty act from a serial offender. I have seen this 3 times in the past 20 plus years. All from the same guy. As weak as the rules that protect this action. The sycophantic media has already given him the all clear.

And so you should have been ripped into pieces.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a duty of care to protect people from knees to the head is frankly a campaigner. We have free kicks for the slightest tap above the shoulders yet people are allowed to put people's lives at risk because everyone loves the spectacle.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a duty of care to protect people from knees to the head is frankly a campaigner. We have free kicks for the slightest tap above the shoulders yet people are allowed to put people's lives at risk because everyone loves the spectacle.

Here we go with the lives at risk crap. Keep banging on about knees in the back should be outlawed and duty of care if you feel you have to. I don't really care how outraged you are by this terrible feature of our game.

It's a contact sport ..sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Toby Greene and "protecting the space"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back