Speculation Tom Barrass (OOC 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you think Carlton get a trade done?

Blues have 1st and 2nd rounders for both this year and next.

In trade, there are young WA players in 21yo 188cm midfielder Jack Carrol who has played about 10 senior games this season.
There is also 20yo small forward Jesse Motlop but I’d imagine he’d be off limits.

If all parties were keen, I’m sure something could be worked out …

In trade, there are young WA players in 21yo 188cm midfielder Jack Carrol who has played about 10 senior games this season.
There is also 20yo small forward Jesse Motlop but I’d imagine he’d be off limits.

I guess if you have us all 4 of those picks and Carrol for Barrass there might be a possibility of us settling for unders...

Carlton need points for their F/S too. Like Pies and Dogs. Carlton aren't ideal for trading.

No Chance Barrass is going anywhere
  • No Club will give up a pick that would be a top 10 pick he is too old for a rebuilding side and the only teams would be teams that are in the window next 3 - years
  • Barrass is a WA boy that has a contract and wont want to unsettle and move
He just wants another $200k and the eagles will give him that.

No Chance Barrass is going anywhere
  • No Club will give up a pick that would be a top 10 pick he is too old for a rebuilding side and the only teams would be teams that are in the window next 3 - years
  • Barrass is a WA boy that has a contract and wont want to unsettle and move
He just wants another $200k and the eagles will give him that.
Adelaide offered pick 8 for Petty just last year.

In case you hadn't noticed, a few clubs threw dumb money at McKay last year and he's not fit to tie Barrass' shoelaces

If a contender wants him badly enough, they'll pay for it.

He'll probably stay though.

In case you hadn't noticed, a few clubs threw dumb money at McKay last year and he's not fit to tie Barrass' shoelaces

You are comparing a 23 year old petty and a 25 year old free agent to a contracted Barrass under contract

Great comparisons

Yep,
A contender often rolls the dice.
Just last year Collingwood paid what could be a top 10 pick and a second rounder for Shultz.
When the windows open you never know …

You are comparing a 23 year old petty and a 25 year old free agent to a contracted Barrass under contract

Great comparisons
You're right, we have Barrass contracted for another 3 years, so the offer would need to be exceptional FOR WCE to agree to trade a bloke who is happy to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep,
A contender often rolls the dice.
Just last year Collingwood paid what could be a top 10 pick and a second rounder for Shultz.
When the windows open you never know …
Yep, exactly. Those draft picks are pointless in the short term for a contender looking for an immediate fix

Yep, exactly. Those draft picks are pointless in the short term for a contender looking for an immediate fix

In an 18/19 team competition, it’s not easy to get into that window open position.
If you genuinely believe a certain player can make that difference, most are prepared to take that chance at glory …

I think he is there for who ever misses out on the flag and Eagles might even pay some of the contract if they miss out on their targets and the trade offer is juicy enough.

100% the trade the Eagles should and need to do. I think it’s on the cards.

Bullies and Swans in the box seat and have draft capital and players the Eagles would want to get it done.

I think he is there for who ever misses out on the flag and Eagles might even pay some of the contract if they miss out on their targets and the trade offer is juicy enough.

100% the trade the Eagles should and need to do. I think it’s on the cards.

Bullies and Swans in the box seat and have draft capital and players the Eagles would want to get it done.
You're like a dog with a bone.

Despite TB continually saying he wants to stay an Eagles, you just seem to ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Despite TB continually saying he wants to stay an Eagles, you just seem to ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Top player movement Journos are still rolling with it. It makes sense imo for all parties in terms of footy (maybe not TB off field) if he signs that extension he wants you can have the bone.

He said: "I'm a West Coast Eagles player, and unless the rug gets pulled out from under my feet I'll stay that way."

That means he'll stay a eagle unless the club decides he should look for a trade.

He said: "I'm a West Coast Eagles player, and unless the rug gets pulled out from under my feet I'll stay that way."

That means he'll stay a eagle unless the club decides he should look for a trade.
WC aren't in the habit of pushing contracted players out the door.

Especially local boys who are A graders.

Unless TB initiates it, which seems highly unlikely, I can't see it happening.

That means he'll stay an eagle unless the club decides he should look for a trade.
Not giving him that rumoured 5 year deal that the last list management might have said they would, could be that rug.

Time will tell.

And thats exactly why it wont happen

Glad we are in agreeance
Well, not really.

Depends on how much a side thinks he can be that final piece of the puzzle.

Sometimes it works, like Geelong with Cameron, and sometimes it doesn't, as WCE found out with Kelly.

They may have been uncontracted but it shows clubs will pay a big price to bring in specific players when contending.

Look at what Colling paid for Schulz.

Speculation Tom Barrass (OOC 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back