Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell was traded for pick 41+50 and Cooper Stephens & Hawks took his salary on. Mitchell wa a Brownlow Winner, B&F winner & then went on to win a flag.

Compared to that, my best offer for Barrass is the one proposed earlier, hawks R1(assume 10-12) for Eagles R2+ Barass that rates him around Pick 15. But Eagles won't play ball, so my starting offer is hawks R2(pies R2) + F2.

Let the negotiations begin.

Meanwhile Sam on his Perth trip can have a chat with Harley on his future plans and make a pinky promise to wait to hear from him. If Harley is a chance, hawks are not going to be given up their F1 & FF1 on any trades and kill their options.

If two 2nds is the opening offer then they better have a better offer ready to roll out.

Eagles response to two 2nd rounders.

Wasting Season 3 GIF by PBS

If it was cash would choose Hawthorn
I would think so but Collingwood are about to lose a heap of players, whereas Hawthorn will need to offer pay increases to its young brigade as they get better.

Would be a weird play for Collingwood to make, if it were to eventuate though. They need to turn over their list, not blow good picks drafting in an older player.

Hawthorn are in a position where they can afford to do so. Core team's pretty young and based off their current form, Barrass could make them a contender as early as next year.

If two 2nds is the opening offer then they better have a better offer ready to roll out.

Eagles response to two 2nd rounders.

Wasting Season 3 GIF by PBS
Same response to your opening request for R1 and R2. That would rate him at around pick 8. LMAO.

I rate him around pick 15-18

Lol.

Pick 18 will slide to a pick in the low 20's.

An early 2nd rounder.

Just stop and think about that before responding again.

Thanks
They may or may not slide. Those are not our problems.

Barrass wants out, now that is a problem. Again not our problem.

They may or may not slide. Those are not our problems.

Barrass wants out, now that is a problem. Again not our problem.

It is the Hawks problem if they want him.

He is under contract for three more years.

Offering a pick in the low 20s won't even get you to the negotiating table.

If you think it will then no point discussing any further. Because you are so far off reality it isn't funny.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DGB + Morrison & a swap of 4ths sounds about right to me

Jokes aside it will definitely take a first.

I'd hope to work something so that we keep our first this year so a deal like our current 2nd which is tied to Collingwood and our future first.

Obviously the eagles would prefer the first this year in a stacked draft but an early 2nd this year to sweeten the offer.

I'd hope to work something so that we keep our first this year so a deal like our current 2nd which is tied to Collingwood and our future first.

Obviously the eagles would prefer the first this year in a stacked draft but an early 2nd this year to sweeten the offer.

Never know what the Eagles prefer.

They may be happy with a F1st and then trade their F1st into this year's draft.

Plans within plans we don't know about.

One of the problems for us is that you're going way too well this year and who knows what that looks like in 2025, you're playing awesome footy.

I might be in the minority of hawks fans but I'd prefer to trade current 1st over future. Obviously hope the club keeps moving forward but also worried about possible stagnation like the crows had this year.

In saying that it's looking like a strong draft so the club might have a draft target in mind as well and worth the risk.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority of hawks fans but I'd prefer to trade current 1st over future. Obviously hope the club keeps moving forward but also worried about possible stagnation like the crows had this year.

In saying that it's looking like a strong draft so the club might have a draft target in mind as well and worth the risk.
Short of having an unbelievable finals run, WC aren't taking a future 1st. Doubt the Hawks would have a choice.

I wonder how good the Hawks could be with TB, could be a contender as soon as next year in a very even competition.

Also, the Eagles have some very promising NGA/FS player's in 2025, Barrass could get them some picks for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back