Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks are having a great year, but they are young. will this hold up year on year? Dont think they are in the premiership window for another year or 2 at which stage barrass is nearing retirement.

I would add, hawks havent had a successful trade for a first round pick since getting mccevoy in 2013. the last 3 times since that we traded our 1st rd picks for wingard, mitchell and o'mera id argue we didnt win out.

Mitchell was successful

Apparently it’s a deep and even draft with many midfielders so a mid range first and early second may be more valuable than it is in other years where the draft isn’t as deep and more higher end talent at the top of end specifically key position.

Why would it be silly saying he would be unhappy? Hes clearly not happy at the moment as he wants out! I think Hawks would throw in a 3rd if they asked cause that is the way they are.
Most of the rumour I’ve seen is that he’d happily stay at West Coast but they won’t go anywhere near to the Hawthorn salary being offered.

I got pretty excited when the rumors of Barrass maybe becoming a Hawk, but if the trade costs us 2 x 1st rounders then I hope our list managers aren't in the single digit IQ range and run away.....fast! let him rot in your backline for the next 3 years
Seconded. As a couch list manager even 1 1st rounder for a 29 year old is going full Crazy Clarko. Move along Hawks.

So if a club (nominated by Barrass) offer there 1st rounder and Eagles say no we want more, and that club simply says no take it or leave it, do you think the Eagles will be happy to keep an unhappy player for the next 3 years and miss out on a good 1st round pick, knowing that Tassie is coming in and the draft is gonna be even more compromised?

Depends on the pick.

They won't let him go for a pick that ends up in the 20's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seconded. As a couch list manager even 1 1st rounder for a 29 year old is going full Crazy Clarko. Move along Hawks.

i keep hearing first round pick for a 29 year old, does it really matter if hawthorn miss out on one 17 year old kid if they win the flag next year with barrass holding down the backline? and the chance of hawthorn winning a flag increase with barrass in the team and not a 17 year old kid.

I think Hawthorn would still like to draft someone this year, and based on trajectory would hope next years pick would be worse
If WC do a trade, there's no way in the world they accept a future first and this year's second.

They need players now and your future first will more than likely be a low pick as you go up the ladder.

I think Hawthorn would still like to draft someone this year, and based on trajectory would hope next years pick would be worse
Good for Hawthorn. If you want the player you trade what WC want - this year not next year

If WC do a trade, there's no way in the world they accept a future first and this year's second.

They need players now and your future first will more than likely be a low pick as you go up the ladder.
Good for Hawthorn. If you want the player you trade what WC want - this year not next year
Can you both read my original post and come back to commenting about what i think the trade outcome will be

There are some simple facts involved in this. IF he goes:
  • A first rounder will be involved. It will 99% be this year's first rounder.
  • A secondary pick will also be involved.
  • Depending on the picks above, a lesser pick may be returned the other direction.
WC are in a good position here... the advantage of being a basket case it seems. Barrass is contracted, so the worst case is, he stays with WC and could then potentially negotiate a better deal and remain a happy Eagle. Additionally, (at least) two clubs appear extremely keen to get him in, therefore the likelihood of receiving a better offer increases. The fact those teams are similarly placed on the ladder further increases this.

Now he is out with delayed concussion... or is it actually mothballing? I think he will be heading east.

There are some simple facts involved in this. IF he goes:
  • A first rounder will be involved. It will 99% be this year's first rounder.
  • A secondary pick will also be involved.
  • Depending on the picks above, a lesser pick may be returned the other direction.
WC are in a good position here... the advantage of being a basket case it seems. Barrass is contracted, so the worst case is, he stays with WC and could then potentially negotiate a better deal and remain a happy Eagle. Additionally, (at least) two clubs appear extremely keen to get him in, therefore the likelihood of receiving a better offer increases. The fact those teams are similarly placed on the ladder further increases this.

Now he is out with delayed concussion... or is it actually mothballing? I think he will be heading east.

Read about the delayed concussion and thought straight away he and or the club has "put the cue in the rack".

Why risk injury in nothing games that could cost you two more years on $700k per year?

I could see something like our 1st and future 2nd for Barrass and a 3rd this year coming back.

I think a first round straight swap is fair value but we tend not to mess around too much to get our targets in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back