Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like pick 19 is a free hit of sorts now for you.

Would you take the risk on Moir?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not 19, but if he was there at 25.

Moir just seems like the lad who you can almost take to the bank that he will bust, but worth a speculative gamble after you've brought in 2-3 lads.

Goal post pay back...

Lets try for another top 10 (or pick 10 itself) and/or go for a Kangas end of first rounder 2024

And play hard ball with Mc Adam - get pick 24 from Dees

Definitely seems overs for Dude - but well played by Reidy. Also makes the AFL justifying pick 3 for Mc Kay almost inevitable

isnt there talk of a top / decent 25-30 players in this draft before the cliff comes. If so, we have 4, possibly 5, picks in this range and we have picked up some bloody good players in recent years in the 20's like Shoey, Worrell, Soligos (30's)

And we must have a MASSIVE war chest losing 600k ish from Dude and also not getting Redman or Day. Perhaps 1.5-2m up our sleeve here

Last edited:
The race for pick four just got interesting.

Our 9+19 is worth almost exactly the same as Bulldogs 10+17.
Yeah but the Bulldogs also giving a future 1st which is not worth it to move up and not get a super star.

Rather get pick 10 for the two 20's picks and go to the draft with 9 10 and 19

isnt there talk of a top / decent 25-30 players in this draft before the cliff comes. If so, we have 4, possibly 5, picks in this range and we have picked up some bloody good players in recent years in the 20's like Shoey, Worrell, Soligos (30's)

And we must have a MASSIVE war chest losing 600k ish from Dude and also now getting Redman or Day. Perhaps 1.5-2m up our sleeve here

Probably not. Though, we can assume we're still at the salary cap floor. We may also see some premature - and long - extensions as well next year, with Pedlar, Thilthorpe and Fogarty standing out as options.

Which is an interesting place to be in 2024 - especially if we bounce into the top 8 (or even 4) which we could easily do with a bit of tweaking and lads getting older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth it for the Dogs, as they’re expecting a bid on Croft

Essentially 4 and some later picks for F1 and a LOT of later picks
i get the Croft thing but 10, 19 and say around pick 10 next year (they are 9th fave for flag) is getting on for DOUBLE the amount of points pick 4 is worth...just seems way overs to me for this years pick 4 considering the elite 3-4 available players (Reid, Mc Kerchner, Curtin etc) will all be gone by pick 5 anyway....

I would be pissed if we offered that for Doedee.
I’m wondering if Brisbane are possibly looking at him as a future captain. Remember that, prior to Dawsons arrival, he was realistically the next captain of Adelaide and maybe that’s what Brisbane have in mind.

So we got the goal umpire loading...
Actually they seem to be generous with FA compo all round, most likely to soften other clubs up to accepting North getting pick 3 for McKay.

The race for pick four just got interesting.

Our 9+19 is worth almost exactly the same as Bulldogs 10+17.

Strong draft (where have we heard that before) next year so doubt too many teams want to give up their first.

Suspect 21/24 for 10 might be an option for us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i get the Croft thing but 10, 19 and say around pick 10 next year (they are 9th fave for flag) is getting on for DOUBLE the amount of points pick 4 is worth...just seems way overs to me for this years pick 4 considering the elite 3-4 available players (Reid, Mc Kerchner, Curtin etc) will all be gone by pick 5 anyway....

Agreed - although you would imagine a F2 coming back from GC would be included?

Actually they seem to be generous with FA compo all round, most likely to soften other clubs up to accepting North getting pick 3 for McKay.
AFL gone all Oprah with first round compo picks this year
Oprah You Get A Car GIF by Governor of Poker 3

Strong draft (where have we heard that before) next year so doubt too many teams want to give up their first.

Suspect 21/24 for 10 might be an option for us

Maybe GC and the crows were waiting until we knew what compo we would get from the AFL for Doedee. Now its pick 19, it could be that 19 and 24 for 10 might be on the cards when they take 10, 17 and F1 from the dogs for 4

Band 2 compo ( end of rd 1) for a 26/27 year old represents a significant $ contract amount. No wonder he went

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back