Preview Changes: Round 12 vs Horks - Sat 1st June 1:15pm

Who are you tipping this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had a look at hawks' fixture, and you're certainly correct in that it's been seriously difficult. Hawks are in good form and so are the Crows so to me it should be a close contest.

However, I don't have faith in the Crows performing on the MCG unless they're playing Collingwood...and still losing, and I certainly don't have any faith in any fair umpiring against Hawthorn in Melbourne, ever. I'm road tripping to the game...so everything points to a Crows loss.

1)I'm glad hawks' fixture has been hideous. :) I can't wait to see similar for the other pet teams of the AFL.

2)I'll never forgive Hawks for losing from an almost unassailable position to the scum last game, so I hope Crows punish you for that alone. :)
You deserve to punish the Hawks after the insipid performance they put up against Port in that last quarter.

Unlike other Hawthorn fans so far, I entirely come in peace. It’s hard to gauge where Adelaide are at with good form albeit coming off a thumping against huge yellow traffic comes. But your game against Collingwood at the MCG was superb. Rankine is a massive out but I am excited to see Rachele, I think it’ll be a great contest and could be a sneaky for game of the round as two in form sides playing.

Ok, I'll repeat so it sinks in.
The Crows should beat Hawks this weekend.
We are favourites with the bookies.
Unlike other Hawthorn fans so far, I entirely come in peace. It’s hard to gauge where Adelaide are at with good form albeit coming off a thumping against huge yellow traffic comes. But your game against Collingwood at the MCG was superb. Rankine is a massive out but I am excited to see Rachele, I think it’ll be a great contest and could be a sneaky for game of the round as two in form sides playing.
Hi mate, I hope you are well. By the way, we're about to start another SFA finals campaign so feel free to pop into our match thread.

We are favourites with the bookies.

Hi mate, I hope you are well. By the way, we're about to start another SFA finals campaign so feel free to pop into our match thread.
And go Wonders

Hawthorn has lost all of its 4 games at the G this year whilst it has won all 3 games played at Marvel.

Does the wider ground not suit Hawthorn?
It’s been the fact it’s been easier to maintain the gameplan over four quarters on a small ground. Won at UTAS against St Kilda and same dimensions as MCG. But it’s just been the timing of the run of form, all MCG games were early when the form was poor.

Unlike other Hawthorn fans so far, I entirely come in peace.
Hmmm :think:, ok ... :thumbsupv1:
It’s hard to gauge where Adelaide are at with good form albeit coming off a thumping against huge yellow traffic comes. But your game against Collingwood at the MCG was superb.
Uhhh, yeah/nah; we lost by 4 :grimacing: :sadv1: . A loss is never 'superb' eg your loss to PA.
Rankine is a massive out but I am excited to see Rachele,
:confusedv1:
Watch for Michalanney and Nankervis, both young but huge futures.
I think it’ll be a great contest and could be a sneaky for game of the round as two in form sides playing.
Good game/game-of-the-round/worst game of the year, meh; I want only for a Crows win :sneaky:.

Last edited:

Uhhh, yeah/nah; we lost by 4 :grimacing::drunk:. A loss is never 'superb' eg your loss to PA.

Good game/game-of-the-round/worst game of the year, meh; I want only for a Crows win :sneaky:.
Nank has been impressive, love his attack on the footy and follow up work.

Fair enough!

Plus mentioned superb as it’s a hard game to play in, pies at the g with most of them being pies fans in an extremely one sided crowd. Similarly Adelaide at Adelaide.

One for Clam Bearded Clam to admire.

In fairness he was aiming at the other goals. ;)

Very true

Plus..

Its not in a game day setting in front of a screaming crowd and under real scoreboard pressure to kick it is it..

Even I could kick that in that situation..

Very true

Plus..

Its not in a game day setting in front of a screaming crowd and under real scoreboard pressure to kick it is it..

Even I could kick that in that situation..
Also, how many takes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn has lost all of its 4 games at the G this year whilst it has won all 3 games played at Marvel.

3 we're first 3 rounds against Bombers, Demons and Cats. Then Swans in round 7. That's a formidable group of opponents, I wouldn't be drawing too many conclusions just yet.

Uhhh, yeah/nah; we lost by 4 :grimacing: :sadv1: . A loss is never 'superb' eg your loss to PA.

I reckon this needed more emojis to get the point across

I was surprised bookies have us favourites. Should be a cracking game, we have been a hard team to beat, so if you win, I doubt it’ll have been easy. My fear is you’ll be too fast for us and run hard at our defence, we struggle to defend that style.
Cheers for the insight. Meek unlikely means we could lose an impactful player and be less dangerous particularly around stoppages. Reeves is nowhere near as good around the ground so O'Brien will look to exploit that if it eventuates. Rankine is a big out for you guys I feel too. Probably means we send Hardwick forward unless your other smalls get a hold of us ( Rachele in particular). Rekon we match up well against eachother TBH.

3 we're first 3 rounds against Bombers, Demons and Cats. Then Swans in round 7. That's a formidable group of opponents, I wouldn't be drawing too many conclusions just yet.
Should have beaten Essendon. Kicked poorly for goal and they couldn't miss. The other 2 we played 1 QTR of really good footy than rubbish the rest. Sydney was 1 of 2 games the Gold Coast was the other one I've felt this year we were never in it at all. Strange we haven't won yet at our home ground. Best chance I feel is Saturday. No excuses to not put up a decent showing.

That's a relief...but you do realise Toby might be busy packing his bags on the weekend given 6 clubs pick before us in the MSD and that the only players that did medicals had requests from multiple AFL clubs and we wouldn't have been one of those clubs so it's a very real possibility. Richmond very skinny for ruck back up with Sam Naismith going down
Well see I guess he can ruck now.

Very confident on the Hawthorn board. One bloke doesn’t rate our backline.
We have the 4th lowest points against in the league - our backline has been our strength this season.
We also have 113% as opposed to their 82%.
We’ve had 2 losses under a goal, and a draw - in the last month.
In the past I wouldn’t have been confident but this week the juices are flowing…..

No it’s everything to do with who they’ve played
Marvel
Lions shit this year
north shit
Bulldogs can be shit

Mcg
Sydney 1st
Essendon 2nd
Gelong were flying
Melbourne 4th

Not a midfielder.
Slow as a turtle.
Can't kick.
Nothing but a stat padder.
That's a popular opinion on here too.
The same people said the same things about Laird last season.

Laird was equal 12th in the Brownlow.
The umpires are idiots

Laird was second in the Malcolm Blight Medal
The coaches are idiots.

Laird polled well in the AFLCA Award.
The opposition coaches are idiots.

I’m confident that I know who the idiots are and it is none of the above.

The umpires are idiots

The coaches are idiots.

Ok laird vs crouch, who is in better form and do we need both in the midfield or should we be letting, Rachele, Rankine and others get more time in there?

The umpires are idiots

The coaches are idiots.

2024 Rory Laird is a different story though. Has only scored coaches' votes in two games so far (North and WCE) and his numbers are well down.

It's almost certainly a case of getting old/older rather than being "shit" though.

Ok laird vs crouch, who is in better form and do we need both in the midfield or should we be letting, Rachele, Rankine and others get more time in there?
My comment was a response to the suggestion that Laird should be dropped because he has been shit all year.

Rankine will not be playing this week, in case you haven’t heard.

Crouch (probably in the top 3 in our B&F this year) and Laird have both adjusted to reduced game time. Plenty of midfield time for Dawson and Soligo plus shorter stints for Rachele and Schoenberg.

Do you also think we should drop Laitd this week?

Back