Preview Changes: Round 12 vs Horks - Sat 1st June 1:15pm

Who are you tipping this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My comment was a response to the suggestion that Laird should be dropped because he has been shit all year.

Rankine will not be playing this week, in case you haven’t heard.

Crouch (probably in the top 3 in our B&F this year) and Laird have both adjusted to reduced game time. Plenty of midfield time for Dawson and Soligo plus shorter stints for Rachele and Schoenberg.

Do you also think we should drop Laitd this week?
Yes I wasn’t necessarily responding to your post in response to that, was just curious to see where you see him fit in the side.
My post was in general not about this week.
I’m just not sure we can continue to play 3 players Rob included that can’t play anywhere else it would seem.
IMO we need to get back to just one of laird or crouch with a mix of Dawson soligo Rankine (when fit) and let Rachele have some more time in there.
If we see Berry as a long termer at the club then we should look to give him some more time in there as well.
If they do want to play laird then maybe we do need to send him back as we lack for small defenders outside of max.

The same people said the same things about Laird last season.

Laird was equal 12th in the Brownlow.
The umpires are idiots

Laird was second in the Malcolm Blight Medal
The coaches are idiots.

Laird polled well in the AFLCA Award.
The opposition coaches are idiots.

I’m confident that I know who the idiots are and it is none of the above.
projector GIF

Very confident on the Hawthorn board. One bloke doesn’t rate our backline.
We have the 4th lowest points against in the league - our backline has been our strength this season.
We also have 113% as opposed to their 82%.
We’ve had 2 losses under a goal, and a draw - in the last month.
In the past I wouldn’t have been confident but this week the juices are flowing…..
They must be channelling past umpiring performances against us.

Yes I wasn’t necessarily responding to your post in response to that, was just curious to see where you see him fit in the side.
My post was in general not about this week.
I’m just not sure we can continue to play 3 players Rob included that can’t play anywhere else it would seem.
IMO we need to get back to just one of laird or crouch with a mix of Dawson soligo Rankine (when fit) and let Rachele have some more time in there.
If we see Berry as a long termer at the club then we should look to give him some more time in there as well.
If they do want to play laird then maybe we do need to send him back as we lack for small defenders outside of max.

Agreed.

We need to be playing versatile players. It simply just doesn't work in modern football that players are so one dimensional that they have one position and one position only.

Laird still has some value, albeit should be behind others, as a half back. Crouch is inside mid and inside mid only. Which is fine, but again, there are better options.

Unfortunately our club doesn't yet see that, whereas picking a single example across the league, Essendon have with a Dylan Shiel.

In: A Victorian win during boys footy trip.
Out: A Victorian loss during boys footy trip.

Got 11 going over for this one. Our footy trip % win loss ratio is poor.

3 wins 8 losses 27.27% winning %.

Hawks will most likely win
We haven't won at the G since I moved to Melbourne in 2018, so I'm clearly to blame.

My concern is we have too many assembly line pieces and some in storage we like to keep as spares

We need to start making hard calls - both at selection and list management

My feel is we hold onto players too long

The same people said the same things about Laird last season.

Laird was equal 12th in the Brownlow.
The umpires are idiots

Laird was second in the Malcolm Blight Medal
The coaches are idiots.

Laird polled well in the AFLCA Award.
The opposition coaches are idiots.

I’m confident that I know who the idiots are and it is none of the above.

The umpires are idiots - Correct, beyond doubt.

The AFC coaches are idiots - Correct, also beyond doubt.

Opposition coaches are idiots - Not all, some certainly are - especially the ones that just look at the stats. Also our idiot coaches contribute greatly to Lairds coaches votes.

I'm also very confident I know who the idiots are.

Laird should not be playing the same side as Crouch - see point 2 above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks coach Sam Mitchell said he will consider utilising Finn Maginness as a tagger to negate the influence of Crows star Jordan Dawson this weekend.

He said: “I think Jordan Dawson is as important to Adelaide as any player is to their team in the whole competition. His ability to take the game away from the opposition, you saw it in the first quarter last week.

He’s gonna be a massive player for them and we’re gonna need to curtail him. Whether that’s with Finn or with a different matchup, I’m not sure just yet.”

Hawks coach Sam Mitchell said he will consider utilising Finn Maginness as a tagger to negate the influence of Crows star Jordan Dawson this weekend.

He said: “I think Jordan Dawson is as important to Adelaide as any player is to their team in the whole competition. His ability to take the game away from the opposition, you saw it in the first quarter last week.

He’s gonna be a massive player for them and we’re gonna need to curtail him. Whether that’s with Finn or with a different matchup, I’m not sure just yet.”
I wonder what Nicks plan for Sicily will be?

Quick analysis of our comparative records this year:
  • Both played 11 matches and won 4 (we've also got a draw)
  • Our % is 113 versus theirs at 82.8
  • Of the 11 matches we have 7 common opponents (COLL, ESS, GEEL, BRI, MEL, PORT, GCS)
    • Of that subset of matches we have a 1-1-5 record (W-D-L) and HAW are 1-0-6
    • Of those 7 matches with common opponents there were 5 where it was the same opponent AND same 'location' (COLL (A), GEEL (H), LIONS (H), MEL (H), GCS (A))
      • Of those 5 'like-for-like' matches we have a 0-1-4 record v HAW 1-0-4 however we have the 'superior' result in 4 of those 5 matches
        • COLL: we lost by 4; they lost by 5
        • GEEL: we lost by 19; they lost by 36
        • BRI: we drew; they won by 25
        • MEL: we lost by 15; they lost by 55
        • GCS: we lost by 6; they lost by 53
Make of that what you will!

My concern is we have too many assembly line pieces and some in storage we like to keep as spares

We need to start making hard calls - both at selection and list management

My feel is we hold onto players too long
It does make me wonder if players have written in their contract that they have to play a certain number of AFL games a season if fit.

I'd suspect most people would see that having only one in the side would be most beneficial. Currently, Crouch looks like the better player so I'd keep him but I just can't see a spot for Laird anymore.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: A Victorian win during boys footy trip.
Out: A Victorian loss during boys footy trip.

Got 11 going over for this one. Our footy trip % win loss ratio is poor.

3 wins 8 losses 27.27% winning %.

Hawks will most likely win

So choose a game we are likely to lose to go across - like when we played Collingwood.

Not looking forward to being anywhere near Hawthorn supporters live in person. Unexpectedly they've been some of the worst in the league. Up there with Carlton fans.
Yeah I'd agree with that.

Never been to an Adl vs Haw interstate. But would agree that some of their supporters that come to games here always manage to be monumental twats

Word on Hawks board from one of the more reliable posters is Finn won't be playing this week.

Nash will likely look after Dawson instead.

Quick analysis of our comparative records this year:
  • Both played 11 matches and won 4 (we've also got a draw)
  • Our % is 113 versus theirs at 82.8
  • Of the 11 matches we have 7 common opponents (COLL, ESS, GEEL, BRI, MEL, PORT, GCS)
    • Of that subset of matches we have a 1-1-5 record (W-D-L) and HAW are 1-0-6
    • Of those 7 matches with common opponents there were 5 where it was the same opponent AND same 'location' (COLL (A), GEEL (H), LIONS (H), MEL (H), GCS (A))
      • Of those 5 'like-for-like' matches we have a 0-1-4 record v HAW 1-0-4 however we have the 'superior' result in 4 of those 5 matches
        • COLL: we lost by 4; they lost by 5
        • GEEL: we lost by 19; they lost by 36
        • BRI: we drew; they won by 25
        • MEL: we lost by 15; they lost by 55
        • GCS: we lost by 6; they lost by 53
Make of that what you will!
The only thing I learnt from this is that we're better at losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 12 vs Horks - Sat 1st June 1:15pm

Back