Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are shocked at end of first round?
Contract seems close to Ben McKay doesn’t it not?

Band 2 compo ( end of rd 1) for a 26/27 year old represents a significant $ contract amount. No wonder he went
If that's true - how the actual F@#$ can Brisbane be under the cap?
Their list is insane and none of them can be on small money.

Neale
Daniher
Hipwood
Andrews
Charlie C
Dunkley

All have to be on big money.

What will the pick end up being once f/s, academy, compo picks etc. are taken into consideration?

Still, I can't complain. To get back anything close to what you paid for a guy who has done both knees...

chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

Not sure why people are shocked at end of first round?
Contract seems close to Ben McKay doesn’t it not?

Yes, I came into this free agency period assuming we'd get a band 2 compensation pick for him, and was dismayed when the talk seemed to be either band 3 or band 4.

Glad that sanity has prevailed :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I’m wondering if Brisbane are possibly looking at him as a future captain. Remember that, prior to Dawsons arrival, he was realistically the next captain of Adelaide and maybe that’s what Brisbane have in mind.
Yes, he was. I remember one of his earliest Club Champion night speeches, where he was extremely passionate about the Club, and was enthusiastically embraced as a possible future captain, which is why I'm very disappointed he's leaving.

Wasn't expecting this pick. So I have to ask is this in some way or other related to us getting some form or compo from the AFL for the missed goal stuff up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't expecting this pick. So I have to ask is this in some way or other related to us getting some form or compo from the AFL for the missed goal stuff up.
More likely Brisbane are just paying him well because he's a good player. There is a bit of recency bias around here on account of his injuries which has people underrating him a bit imo.

More to do with Brisbane making a good and the AFL gauging FA against the current salary cap not the increased amount because they want to give North pick 3.

Nice to be the accidental beneficiaries.

Well, pick 19 for an original pick 18 and 7 years of service seems like a great return on investment.
Very satisfying result ......gives us a great suite of picks now

Even a 2nd round pick, would have given us another pick, just a few more than Pick #19

More to do with Brisbane making a good and the AFL gauging FA against the current salary cap not the increased amount because they want to give North pick 3.

Nice to be the accidental beneficiaries.
It's amusing that AFL is taking a long time to decide the Mackay compensation. Since the Doodee decision took a microsecond, they are clearly using the magical spices on this one, for maximum suspense. ;)

It's amusing that AFL is taking a long time to decide the Mackay compensation. Since the Doodee decision took a microsecond, they are clearly using the magical spices on this one, for maximum suspense. ;)

I mean, given that Doedee has band 2 and there's no way Mackay will get the same or worse, why are they even bothering to take any time? They could have literally announced them both at the same time.

Well, pick 19 for an original pick 18 and 7 years of service seems like a great return on investment.
Can’t tell if you’re serious or not, I’m happy with the compo we’ve received given Doedees knee and career to date.

But we are effectively back where we started after 7 years of service which netted only 84 games.

Can’t tell if you’re serious or not, I’m happy with the compo we’ve received given Doedees knee and career to date.

But we are effectively back where we started after 7 years of service which netted only 84 games.
Not so serious on the "great", but retaining value in these situations is not to be sneezed at.
Most tenures of this length would be expected to result in a loss of value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back