MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins suspended for 1 week for striking Schofield

Who will come in IF Hawkins gets rubbed out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, come at me Guthrie haters. The man was a beast tonight, and would get 3 Brownlow votes if that was a thing at this time of year. 33 disposals, 82% DE, 4 rebound 50's and 4 inside 50's. Him and Selwood the difference tonight, as Danger well held and a bit sore.

GUTHRIE MVP!!!

It was a dumb act by Hawk and I reckon behind closed doors the coach will be tell him so in no uncertain terms.

I haven't had a close look at the vision but it appeared to be an open hand and 'floppy' Schofield put on an academy award performance.

That said, it was behind the play and it would be hard to argue there was no intent.

Let's hope they take the same approach they did when they let Cotchin off for belting Shiel. And it that instance Shiel was incapacitated.

I see Lyon has said we won't see Hawk again this year. Absolute douche.

Could be interesting if it comes down to the medical report from the Eagles. They can't say there was a concussion, or otherwise they'd get a please explain since he played out the rest of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll preference this by saying, not a fan of Geelong, stole my fav player.

But, if there was ever a player who deserves to actually get a bit of luck with the judiciary it is Hawkins, he has been the patsy way too often. Hope he gets off, don't know what he did, don't care but if Greene got off so should Hawkins, give him a 5k fine.

Schofield fell onto Hawkins arm
Contact was intended for his side or back

He’ll get off

Can’t see how he doesn’t get one week. What a dopey thing to do. So unnecessary. He’s stayed out of trouble for awhile so here’s hoping.
Low impact, intentional, high, off the ball? Ah tommy.

Even if the Hawkins incident is classed as a low impact, high hit he will still get the week due to being behind play.

Does Tom Stewart need to be worried?

Schofields head didn’t even move, shouldn’t miss a week.

Just on it though and I know we’ve got a history of being called for diving/staging.
There was no whistle.
The only thing Schofield staying on the ground could’ve done, if it was light contact is contribute to Hawkins getting suspended.

To do that to another player in finals is fu.ked 7 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back