Tom Mitchell 50 possessions

Remove this Banner Ad

2hrzyok.jpg
And that's why you don't use wikipedia, kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fk me, he's 24 years old and has just played his 9th game for his new club and people are bagging him for getting 50 'meaningless' possies in game where we were completely outplayed in the second half. Bigfooty is at its best tonight... pathetic.

Yup agreed. Was everywhere and clearly Hawks best player. He just didn't have any help.

I don't think it was "useless", as much as it was like GAJ in the early Gold Coast years.....he got all the touches but had no mates supporting him.

Yep, this is my thoughts.

Mitchell played a hell of a game. If he was supported by other midfielders, it wouldn't have mattered about meters gained, the Hawks would have dominated.

But one player accumulating disposals is pretty ineffective in terms of 18 whole players, no matter how impressive it is.

Geez what we would give to go back in time and trade shiels to Gold Coast instead of our first to st kilda. What a horrendous decision, the bloke hasn't played good footy in 3/4 years. If we made him captain he would of rivaled Geary and vandenburg as worst ever afl captains

Geez what we would give to go back in time and trade shiels to Gold Coast instead of our first to st kilda. What a horrendous decision, the bloke hasn't played good footy in 3/4 years. If we made him captain he would of rivaled Geary and vandenburg as worst ever afl captains
He wouldn't have had nearly enough value to offset that deal tho

He wouldn't have had nearly enough value to offset that deal tho
Yeah but there could of been some sort of deal that didn't involve our first. For some stupid reason hawthorn and a couple of other teams rate shiels highly and he would of gone a decent way towards getting jaeger. Our midfield is by far the worst in the league. We have been praying that guys like orouke and Lovell would come on but it just hasn't happened

GAJ v Collingwood 2012. 53 touches in a big loss
I was at that game. That was a 100 point loss. What i remember was ablett geting a shit load of 1 / 2 handballs and crap kicks that went no where disposals that put the team under pressure. It was comical that day. Dale Thomas had 30 disposals and kicked 3 goals in a perfect game from him and yet the votes went to ablett. Pure case of lets look at the stats at the end of the game. Funny thing was even though Ablett had it 53 times you hardly noticed him. Same with Mitchells game last once he got past 40 possies his last 10 were pure shit rushed on the boot or a cheap handball the comentaters were creaming themselves it was laughable. I hope to see one day where a player like Danger or Martin get 50 possies but 50 possie of pure power footy where the the ball is used as a weapon, metres gained or put teammate into space going forward or scoring thats the type of possession they should count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell 50 possessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back