Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

No....But he is from Victoria, a mere 200km's up the Hume highway.....And as he has stipulated himself: His first priority will be his family.

Which pretty well ruless all S/A, W/A & NSW teams chances out of the equation.

Port are after Motlop & will likely get him.....With Rockliff you are no chance.
Yep he won't want anywhere else will he. Haha he's a grown man and doesn't need mummy any more. Considering adelaide were very keen last year and were cerntanties for him but then went after Gibbs after he wanted to go back home.

Um..you did

Hahaha can't believe what I'm reading. Rockliff wants to leave a bottom team that can't make finals to join a team who can't make finals. He's not stupid.

He's not even from Melbourne. Port have convinced Charlie Dixon and Patrick Ryder to join in the last few years. We're not chasing Gibbs this year cause we'd rather Rockliff.

Why do people think we're booting Jackson Trengove out the door? He's on $750,000 this yea. We're in no trouble for money and he could play finals.

Besides aren't Carlton meant to be saving for ports Ollie wines next year? Haha that'll never happen he's our next captain and he's to settled in south Australia.

First sentence was referring to previous comments.

So you're not confused in the future.. Here's what Rockliff actually had to say....

"Restricted free agent Tom Rockliff says his family will be his top priority when making a decision on his future later this year."
Rockliff, 27, is two months from becoming a father for the first time with his partner Sharna, and said the welfare of all three would take priority.
"In the past I've let it weigh me down and get to me, contract negotiations, but this year I haven't really thought about it," Rockliff said.
"The most important factor for me is going to be my family, and what's most important for me, Sharna and the young fella when he comes out.
"That's a selfish way to look at it, but I think you've got to do what's right for yourself.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-07-07/family-first-for-rocky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threads like these must make those that make money from Bigfooty traffic super happy.

I respect people coming to bigfooty to pass on behind the scenes info (it's why I come on when I do to read through it) but as soon as is degenerates to a "your wrong, I'm right" scenario it does become a pain to read.

For those who think Rocky may still be open to a port move, can we note that and see how it works out next month?

For those who feel hes BRIS/VIC bound, can we also note that and keep discussion open as to what people hear in regards to destination and price etc.

The rest is just a pain in the ass to read and makes it hard to keep the discussion intetesting IMO.

Thanks to everyone dropping inside info and may it continue.

P.S I want Rocky at the Hawks.

We've already put multiple high picks into KPP (Marchbank, Weitering, Curnow, McKay) as well as putting significant game time into others (Plowman, Silvagni). We'll be looking for midfielders. Yes our forward line is currently average but we've already gone to the draft to fix that. Our midfield is better performing but is largely due to Murphy, Gibbs and Ed Curnow being 3 of the better players there (obviously Cripps too), so we need to go to the draft to get players for that. What we need at the draft is in stark contrast to the relative performance of our line-up.

Personally I'd be happy avoiding Rockliff. Don't think he's going to help us win many more games in the short-term and I'm not convinced on his long-term advantages. Rather save the dollars for contract upgrades or get 'forced out' top team guys like Matt Kennedy.
Yeah, I don't think Rocklobster is a great fit for Carlton.

Better they tarrget younger guys to trade in, or just go to the draft.

And Duncan.

But rockliff won't go to Geelong IMO.

Rockliff's preference is to stay in Brisbane, the money is the issue, only Port have been showing any interest in paying what he wants. Melbourne would be his 2nd choice for family reasons but Carlton need to find the money to make it happen and have the Gibbs situation to deal with.
If Brisbane get close with the money I think he will stay, Jonothan Brown is very supportive of Rockliff.

Hahaha can't believe what I'm reading. Rockliff wants to leave a bottom team that can't make finals to join a team who can't make finals. He's not stupid.

He's not even from Melbourne. Port have convinced Charlie Dixon and Patrick Ryder to join in the last few years. We're not chasing Gibbs this year cause we'd rather Rockliff.

Why do people think we're booting Jackson Trengove out the door? He's on $750,000 this yea. We're in no trouble for money and he could play finals.

Besides aren't Carlton meant to be saving for ports Ollie wines next year? Haha that'll never happen he's our next captain and he's to settled in south Australia.

LOLOL at the Trade Shouter link.

From the same bloke who said Cox was going to Brisbane on a 4 year deal.

Then explain how you came to the conclusion that getting Rockliff will cost us draft picks.

Why can't we go to the draft and get Rockliff?

I don't think he said that at all. He didn't mean, not to use draft picks on Rocky at all.
Merely that he's the wrong age demographic for your playing group (list spot and salary) and to use your draft picks to continue bringing in younger players to add to what you have.
That's the way I took it anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back