Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Marra dropped 3 sitters and another gettable mark. Remember Bob Murphy’s dad gave him one piece of football advice “Son never drop a chest mark!” I think there is lack of intent in Marra too dropping simple chest marks. Him and English were equally bad.
Marra made a few terrible mistakes. English didn't try for large parts of the game. Big difference

Rory Lobb was fantastic. Excellent positioning and made some critical stops. In the third quarter he won a 2-on-1 that was almost a certain Norf goal, we went down the other end and kicked a goal to ruin their momentum

Something interesting to note, this data is from a couple of weeks ago, but on all metrics Gallagher is actually one of the best field kicks in the side and 34th afl wide. Would suggest these stats are deceiving (see number 4….)
View attachment 2033864

That is a table of the WORST field kicks in the AFL, Gallagher is the 2nd lowest-ranked Bulldog behind Daniel.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I was looking for in this game was how English would go vs Xerri.

English is in an ongoing issue in the ruck weak
If Tim does end up staying I could honestly see Darcy becoming our no. 1 ruck and Tim playing more forward. He’s just far too weak in the contest at stoppages

Either Marra is carrying an injury and not able to perform to the standard required or he's just not able to perform to the standard required.

His first effort was lacklustre and his second effort was non-existent.
Marra has always been overrated since being drafted. Will be a very good forward but not the superstar and ‘next buddy’ that many have touted him to be.

Rory Lobb was fantastic. Excellent positioning and made some critical stops. In the third quarter he won a 2-on-1 that was almost a certain Norf goal, we went down the other end and kicked a goal to ruin their momentum
You cannot tell me that it is simply coincidence that since he has got rid of his bullshit ‘look at me’ blonde hairstyle and deleted his TicToc Chinese spy account, he has become the best defender in the league. Proof is in the pudding.

You cannot tell me that it is simply coincidence that since he has got rid of his bullshit ‘look at me’ blonde hairstyle and deleted hos TicToc Chinese spy account, he has become the best defender in the league. Proof is in the pudding.

Rory Lobb: All-Australian Premiership Defender has a nice ring to it.

Seemed that they moved Lobb back because they couldn’t really drop him after his last game.

Looked good, but players can often be made to look good being able to zone off and take intercept marks.

Will be interesting to see if they stay with it.

A lot of players right off the boil, most noticeably Libba who struggled to hit a teammate all day.

Bank the points and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back