Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Bramble has played himself into some great form since signing the extension. Maybe having us show some belief in him has given him a confidence boost.
I think that because he was seen as a reject from one of the bottom sides that he's been marked much harder by this board than just about anybody on the list.
Not going to bother defending English. He was very poo. I will say that Xerri is exactly the type of ruckman he struggles against though.
It was pretty noticeable to me that for some inexplicable reason he was intent on going body to body with Xerri. It was a weird flex for somebody that it doesn't come naturally too. Why he wasn't running and jumping at centre bounces is something that only he and the coaches could explain.

Edit: My word for the day is inexplicable. Seems apt.

Cant wait to hear from the English defenders. That was putrid. Xerri destroyed him.
To be expected…..was hoping he just needed the bye to freshen but he was off big time. Against another ruck chomp…although Xerri is improving….maybe we should swap with Norf

Sorry dw, can't agree. I've never seen Smith display the attitude, particularly towards team-mates, that Ugle-Hagan did today. He has all the tools, but seems intent on blaming team mates for his inability to use them.

He wasn't alone in playing poorly for large parts, but his onfield attitude is poor in large parts.

My local footy coach called out his top of the table team last week.
“ you think you are all rock stars “

I have a feeling JUH is feeling a little Rock starrish.

Pull your head in mate and go back to doing the hard / team things and you will get to where you should.
There’s more than enough talent !

Marra has always been overrated since being drafted. Will be a very good forward but not the superstar and ‘next buddy’ that many have touted him to be.
I think you're being way too kind to him. He has been given way more opportunities than most but fails to deliver.
Sydney are supposed to be hot to get him - I think we should get a top level centreman in trade.

If Marra held his marks he would have had at least three more shots at goal, add to the one that was debatable whether it crossed the goal line. He didn’t have a great game, but for me it was just the dropped marks that was the reason, not any lack of intent.
So it's OK to drop marks as long as you are trying? He was rubbish.

Team defence was excellent. North's goalkicking and some Lage bone headed ball movement made it loon worse than it actually was. But you keep a team to 16 total shots and you win almost every game you play. I don't actually think Bont was BOG, with his goalkicking being the reason why not. I'm voting Liam Jones, who blanketed Larkey to only 5 touches and 0 shots himself, while having 9 intercepts himself. Lobb, Williams, Bramble good down back too. Freijah absolutely a find. His willingness to take a hit to draw a defender to open up ball movement showing unselfish play which is always a bonus. Another find. Sanders wasn't outstanding but he played solid midfield minutes and found enough of the ball (21 touches) which people forget isn't out and out common for a 1st year player. Not to say he's exceeding expectations for a top 10 draft pick, but he's not falling below them so far, which is all you can ask.

Macrae did a few nice things linking up. He's not going to be an All-Australian anymore but he started the season on the fringe, so showing form above that as a fringe player is a handy bonus.

English poor, but you move on from that. Xerri was good, but I thought he got away with lots of blocking etc at ruck ck tests and his goal was a blatant push on English. We still won clearances 40-28 and it's pretty pathetic the almost glee people have when he poorly. He'll play better next week and we move on.

Some of our touch was a little off - Libba and Treloar's kicking was a bit poor, Jamarra and Darcy both didn't mark a couple, Naughton first game back for a while wasn't as involved as it went on. All will be better for the run.

We had a few posters which if we kick straight our lead is more and it doesn't appear to be as close as it ended up being. North don't kicn straight and our team defence stifling North appears more impressive that it actually was.

There is no glee from me mate re English.
You don’t think every poster on this board doesn’t want English to perform well ?

His ruck work is a big reason this team is so inconsistent and struggles in big games.
I personally don’t think it’s in him , so not his fault really.

I think you're being way too kind to him. He has been given way more opportunities than most but fails to deliver.
Sydney are supposed to be hot to get him - I think we should get a top level centreman in trade.
Bloody hell.

We have a number 1 draft pick who was the only player under 25 (being 22)to be top 10 in total shots on goal in the league, will be top 10 again this year, and we want to trade him?

Bloody hell. People don't know a good footballer especially when young when it's slapping them in the face.

Aiden Corr, you’re an absolute dogshit footballer and even worse person. If I had a dollar for every time he pulled Naughton’s hair today I’d have enough for a slab. Would’ve been happy for the boys not to shake his hand after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly game and shouldn’t have been as close as it was.

Too many stupid turnovers gifting them goals.

Lobb was very good and deserves a lot of credit.

Just glad to get the win and not be amongst their ****ing supporters screeching about the umpiring every two seconds - ironic cheers at every free kick to them, Weightman being booed for twice nearly being decapitated.
Dumber supporters than Essendon.
I get that their team has been awful for 6 or 7 years but they spent more time booing the umps than cheering for good pieces of play

Sorry dw, can't agree. I've never seen Smith display the attitude, particularly towards team-mates, that Ugle-Hagan did today. He has all the tools, but seems intent on blaming team mates for his inability to use them.

He wasn't alone in playing poorly for large parts, but his onfield attitude is poor in large parts.
No I'm not saying they have the same attitude. I'm saying that most of the things holding them back from being rated elite are above their shoulders.

Admittedly I'm making my judgement from a considerable distance but it is after years of watching them both.

They are both complex individuals who have lots of talent but they don't play the game as simply as it could be played. Exhibit A of how you just use your natural talent and don't overthink things is one M.Bontempelli.

North Melbourne subreddit having a normal one

View attachment 2034099

Norf supporters, proud owners of the world’s biggest victim complex.

“The umpires!!!! Wahh!! Wahhh!!! Conspiracies!!”

2 wins from the last 36, the last of which was on the back of a laughable umpiring decision.

Shut up already.

Had actually noted that Smith is often too timid in discussions with teammates (particularly throughout seasons 2022 and 23) - forever seems to be apologising/chastising himself for minor mistakes on field

I didn’t see Marra whinge to his teammates, but I saw him drop 3 sitters and another gettable. He has absolutely no right to critique teammates when he is torching their great kicks to him because he is not concentrating enough. That’s all dropped chest marks are, lack of concentration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back