Prediction Top 3 kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Just a little fun to pass the time. To qualify you have to have played less than a few games. So Sheldrick is in. Wicks is out. Francis and Campbell are out.

Who, in order, are the 3 most likely to see more than 5 games this year out of the kids?

3. Corey Warner
2. Angus Sheldrick
1. Hugo Hall-Kahan

I’ll try to remember to reup this thread in September.

Who, in order, are the 3 most likely to see more than 5 games this year out of the kids?

To be honest not sure any of the young blokes will manage 5+ (obviously 'positional' injuries will play a part).

1 (most) Sheldrick
2 Magor
3 Warner (Corey)

Just an observation looking at the games played, it surprised me that Amartey only 13 matches around half of Campbell & Logan (who admittedly are higher draft picks).

Last edited:

To be honest not sure any of the young blokes will manage 5+ (obviously 'positional' injuries will play a part).

1 (most) Sheldrick
2 Magor
3 Warner (Corey)

Just an observation looking at the games played, it surprised me that Amartey only 13 matches around half of Campbell & Logan (who admittedly are higher draft picks).
Maybe why Beetson was so uncharacteristically publicly critical of him.

1. Sheather
2. Gould
3. Sheldrick

I agree with HB that it's pretty unlikely that any of these guys are going to get 5+ games.

I would be thinking injury is the only way it'll happen, and apart from our rucks, that seems to happen at either end, rather than in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to go with the theme (5 games) and ignoring my correction of a fellow Rankin fan (longer term).

1. Sheldrick (reckon he gets a few full games, more likely to be sub too)
2. Gould (he'll debut, but unless there's a long term injury I don't see heaps of games)
3. Konstanty (I'd like to see Sheather burst out of the blocks in pre-season, but Konstanty might play if we keep putting Paps in the mids)

Last edited:
I'm just going to assume you made a terrible mistake. I've fixed things up for you.

I know it says 5 games though.
I’m not a stickler for the rules, even when I make them up.

The guts of it is it’s going to be a hard side to break into for the kids and I’m keen to see which kids people think will step up.

1. Sheldrick. On the forums we were speculating he would start to move into the mids But he is still training with forwards. So maybe there is a realistic opportunity for him to break into the team as a small forward. I don't feel Konstanty would be playing seniors immediately. So it would probably be Clarke or Wicks as the other players for the position.

2. Gould. I think our defence will be hard to break into. But Rampe is 32 and Fox is 29. So I think we need to find a way to get him a few games. I think he will end up being a 3rd tall or a medium defender. Rather than a lockdown defender playing on the big key forwards.

3. Corey Warner. I think Corey Warner, Roberts and Stephens will be the young mids looking to make the step up to the AFL midfield. Warner could be a surprise chance of a few games. He has bulked up a bit, one of the best runners at the club and has versatility to play a few positions. So might get some games as the sub player.

I don't think the 1st year draftees will play many senior games. But Magor might be a unexpected chance. He seems to have good skills and goal sense. So if he can consistently kick a few goals in the reserves. The coaches might be curious to see how he handles the step up to AFL level.

1. Sheldrick. On the forums we were speculating he would start to move into the mids But he is still training with forwards. So maybe there is a realistic opportunity for him to break into the team as a small forward. I don't feel Konstanty would be playing seniors immediately. So it would probably be Clarke or Wicks as the other players for the position.

2. Gould. I think our defence will be hard to break into. But Rampe is 32 and Fox is 29. So I think we need to find a way to get him a few games. I think he will end up being a 3rd tall or a medium defender. Rather than a lockdown defender playing on the big key forwards.

3. Corey Warner. I think Corey Warner, Roberts and Stephens will be the young mids looking to make the step up to the AFL midfield. Warner could be a surprise chance of a few games. He has bulked up a bit, one of the best runners at the club and has versatility to play a few positions. So might get some games as the sub player.

I don't think the 1st year draftees will play many senior games. But Magor might be a unexpected chance. He seems to have good skills and goal sense. So if he can consistently kick a few goals in the reserves. The coaches might be curious to see how he handles the step up to AFL level.
Corey Warner is highly rated at the club.

If Gould gets a look at senior level, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up staying there. Horse typically doesn't debut defenders until they are really ready, but the form of those defenders once they've debuted justifies his patience. Aliir managed 13 games for the year after debuting, Melican managed 17 games.

Aliir was 21 when he debuted. Melican was 21 when he debuted. Gould is 21.

He's the only one I can see taking a senior appearance and turning it into a genuine half-season or more at senior level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Top 3 kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back