List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Balmey says to Barrett asking if the wheels are coming off at Geelong with people leaving, its more the nature of FA and contracts no longer being a binding factor, the landscape is different and the movement is just reflection of that.

Poodle still more than likely to move from Geelong.

Go Catters

but no one has moved from hawks etc etc balmey

Pretty ****ing mad, I have to say.

And I don't see why Balme couldn't put a spin on it regarding what we'd expect. Ultimately Bundy has had his issues, so 21 might not end up too bad in the end, but what's to stop Brisbane listening in and saying to themselves "well **** let's offer them 25 instead, they'll probably accept if we push it hard for all of 30 seconds (the obliging chaps that they are)".

its semantics isnt it? Picking apart everything somebody does just to find possible fault. A throwaway comment about a deal which is obviously agreed.

Not at all. I'm a Balme fan.

I'm simply disappointed that he couldn't think fast enough to recognise how this was going over with the fan base and make a better explanation.

And, according to your version of events (which I don't dispute, by the way), a more accurate explanation as well.

i.e. "...it's basically agreed, subject to a medical."

Sorry for interrupting lads, but to summarise 115 pages of thread, what was the "personal" reason for Christensen wanting leave and go to QLD (if known)? Cheers.

This club is so soft I swear.

lost all respect for Allen now.

Only just now?

As soon as he requested a trade to Qld well into the start of the trade period, then refine that to a club where we have absolutely
no chance of upgrading picks.....a big two finger salute to Bundy, hope he never steps foot in Geelong again.

So say that. Say, "subject to medical, we have agreed with the Lions to trade Bundy to them for pick 21."

Don't announce that we'd accept pick 21 if the Lions offered it.

Makes him sound like he has all the negotiation skills of Kramer from Seinfeld.
We're assuming first of all that it hasn't been discussed already.

He wanted to go to a club with the most $$ up their sleeve. Is that too hard for all of us to consider?
So he basically gets what he wants, and totally rips GFC a new one.

I have very much been considering that possibility, also.

I was deliberately ambiguous with the words "player welfare 'card'" - I have probably as much insight as to what has gone on behind the scenes in this situation as yourself though, so we can only speculate.

Sorry for interrupting lads, but to summarise 115 pages of thread, what was the "personal" reason for Christensen wanting leave and go to QLD (if known)? Cheers.

Well the synopsis is either gambling or little Allen couldn't control itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no one really moved from us from 2006 onwards (Ablett aside), which is the same as Buddy leaving so it cancels each other out.

Even the last couple of years we have not really moved anyone of significance on (or have they asked to - that we are aware of).

Exactly. Wait a couple of years until Hawthorn starts getting over the hill a bit (which sadly is where I think we're at now) and they'll go through the same thing.

Christensen gone for 21. That's what the records say. It's poor list management or it's poor trading. You can decide which.
Brisbane gets pick 21 for Joel Patfull, a veteran defender. Geelong gets 21 for a 23 yo premiership midfielder. Who did better out of this?

Only just now?

As soon as he requested a trade to Qld well into the start of the trade period, then refine that to a club where we have absolutely
no chance of upgrading picks.....a big two finger salute to Bundy, hope he never steps foot in Geelong again.

Now it's official, was keeping some hope that he would change his mind.

Brisbane gets pick 21 for Joel Patfull, a veteran defender. Geelong gets 21 for a 23 yo premiership midfielder. Who did better out of this?

Could look at it this way - Brisbane gets pick 21 for a durable two time best and fairest winner. Geeong gets 21 for a player with injury and concussion concerns who has achieved no individual honors and has not played a consistent season.

Bundy has developed/been coached into the player he is, he just as easily could have been a dud. Wells isn't god, he sometimes doesn't pick a winner. An actual real live current talent is worth more to me than a draft pick with potential, and 21 isn't where the cream sits. So yeah Im pissed.

sam mitchell winks at you
steve motlop waves
cale hooker smiles
dan hannebery grins

do u want me to go on?

Exactly. Wait a couple of years until Hawthorn starts getting over the hill a bit (which sadly is where I think we're at now) and they'll go through the same thing.

No they won't. They'll delist their middle rung and only hold onto absolute veterans like Hodge for the long term. The rest would be moved on
appropriately and they'll quickly pick up quality from FA in return.

We need to stop being so nice to players as they obviously hold all the cards. How they can have a contract and walk away from that is disgusting.
Doesn't happen in any other league. NBA, bad luck, you sit at the end of the bench and wait for trade period. Miss out, too bad.

Could look at it this way - Brisbane gets pick 21 for a durable two time best and fairest winner. Geeong gets 21 for a player with injury and concussion concerns who has achieved no individual honors and has not played a consistent season.
That will be the official view on the Geelong board!

Bundy has developed/been coached into the player he is, he just as easily could have been a dud. Wells isn't god, he sometimes doesn't pick a winner. An actual real live current talent is worth more to me than a draft pick with potential, and 21 isn't where the cream sits. So yeah Im pissed.

Pick 21 is Hanneberry, Fyfe, Zaharakis, Guthrie, Beams, etc. draft territory.

Pick 21 is a fair price for Bundy. The more I think about it, the more I think 99% of people in this thread are significantly overvaluing him.

Yes, I know this is somewhat of a backflip from my position of yesterday. Intelligent, rational people are capable of changing their mind when they have time to consider their position.

Fair u r kidding. Are you seeing the draft picks being thrown about for others, not to mention 19 for O'Rouke who has shown nothing and also has been able to on the park for injury. 2 top 10 picks for Griffen who is past his best by a long way, also has no leadership skills as displayed and has injury concerns.
Some on here might overrate our players but you certainly undervalue them. .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back