List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder who's idea it is to offer 30+ yr olds in Mayne and Greenwood new deals----and we are offloading 21yr old talents???
I said it before Nathan doesnt trust kids enough------and was laughed at.

He will rush back a seasoned veteran at any cost over backing a young player.

Just for those suggesting recruiting delisted free agents, I’m pretty sure there is no DFA period planned this year. At least not at this stage. So it’s unlikely that we would be able to or planning to recruit players via this means.

Why would you let one of your contracted players tour a club and not suss our what the other club is prepared to pay?
2nd rounder?
Delusion

I'm not sure how accurate that is, he trained with us in 2017, not sure why he would need another tour unless he wanted to see what the AFLW and VFL facilities are like.

So we're throwing in the towel on a highly talented 21 year old who could have been #1 if not for his health concerns, turned out to be a rising star winner, and kicked 59 goals in his first 38 games for another (later) draft pick trying to get another kid who may not be rated as highly, has likely missed a full year of development and might not have the same impact or upside as the player you're trading out?

I can't see how anyone would be pushing any sort of "grass is greener on the other side" line of thinking in relation to Stevo as we know he he has the goods.
If you read what l was replying too properly, it was not about Stevo.
It was about other teams trash. The club does not want them, they want to go to the draft.and l agree with that. If losing treloar and Phillips then l am all for it.
I have never said l want Stephenson gone, l don’t,unless it’s a deal that you cannot refuse, and l cannot see it happening

You have to wonder who's idea it is to offer 30+ yr olds in Mayne and Greenwood new deals----and we are offloading 21yr old talents???

It's certainly starting to seem that way

Just for those suggesting recruiting delisted free agents, I’m pretty sure there is no DFA period planned this year. At least not at this stage. So it’s unlikely that we would be able to or planning to recruit players via this means.
There has been no planning for any of the trade periods or list capping information - the AFL are a pack of rank amatuers.

So you're saying we can't get Cam McCarthy over the line?

Looks like our 2020 AGM is going to be very interesting this year.

It's bullshit.
We are a boys club----they masquerade like they care but their only serving their own self interests.
Nobody takes accountability.
We just had a review 3 years ago and look where we are now....

Wait for them to announce another review....

The club might be able to spin their way to justifying the Treloar trade and I sense we the supporters are already half way to accepting it but they've totally misread the mood of our supporter base IMO if they believe they can pull that same sh*t twice and with Stephenson.
If Stephenson is traded I'm not sure what they can possibly say to justify it. If there is some major behavioural or attitude issue that we don't know about or something sinister behind the scenes, they won't use that as an excuse. I'll be interested to see how they spin it. I don't really care what we receive for him, from my seat in the stands trading him is nonsensical.

I know this sounds crazy, but can we just spam the Collingwood social media accounts, would that help?

I can’t believe we are trading out our best talent behind JDG. This is some crazy shizzzz man. Crazy.

I know there's a real chance that we're simply dumping his salary, or maybe it's true that the players/coaches don't see eye to eye with him, but let's not forget there's a chance that North have come after him knowing we can't afford to match what they offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying we can't get Cam McCarthy over the line?
Not unless we trade with Freo for him or take him in the draft. He’d probably cost a nothing pick But not sure he’s a priority at this point. Not sure if there are any plans for mid season drafts next year that could allow him to be picked up though.

What he reporting
Only the Stephenson stuff. But rather than the crap Sam Edmund feels he needs to write, he just says it how it is. North have offered such and such, which Collingwood won't accept. No need for the extra kick in the guts on top that Edmund, Ralph etc are putting out at the moment.

I know there's a real chance that we're simply dumping his salary, or maybe it's true that the players/coaches don't see eye to eye with him, but let's not forget there's a chance that North have come after him knowing we can't afford to match what they offer.
We don't have to match what they offer he is a contracted player.
They have been dumpster diving too long and think they can offer sh1t.
Our response will be interesting.

Server will be running fine. Only due to the fact I actually think some people from here are going to literally melt.
Hey soups what do you think the club approach to this should be

Someone with close GC academy contacts - I assume a parent says that Collingwood is very into Max Pescud. One of the GC academy products.

Haven't seen him play but all his match reports make it sound like he has Jaidyn Stephenson type skills.. maybe one out and one in..

No doubt we would take him if we had enough list spots but think we're full to the brim.
Is this right? I have seen him play in the QAFL this year. I would definitely be interested. Who said our clubs can't be friends. Heh. :D

Mayne and Greenwood are probably on about 120k each and both are great role models on and off the track. That leadership is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back