List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club might be able to spin their way to justifying the Treloar trade and I sense we the supporters are already half way to accepting it but they've totally misread the mood of our supporter base IMO if they believe they can pull that same sh*t twice and with Stephenson.

Oh and can we please stop blaming Ned Guy for everything.

Do we seriously believe the 18 senior AFL coaches would leave their fate and livelihoods in the hands of a list manager when it comes to decisions surrounding which players to trade and delist?

The decision to put Stephenson on the market would have only occurred with the blessing of one Nathan Buckley.

Direct your anger in his direction first before anyone else if Stephenson goes to North Melbourne.

Agree with this. Had a few clean pick ups in a greasy night against the fourth worst side of the season. Other than that he was non-existent.
He basically played 2 games... the 3rd one being in a game that we were smashed.

Sorry but thats a load of crap. he did some pretty classy things in his first 2 games.

The club might be able to spin their way to justifying the Treloar trade and I sense we the supporters are already half way to accepting it but they've totally misread the mood of our supporter base IMO if they believe they can pull that same sh*t twice and with Stephenson.

Oh and can we please stop blaming Ned Guy for everything.

Do we seriously believe the 18 senior AFL coaches would leave their fate and livelihoods in the hands of a list manager when it comes to decisions surrounding which players to trade and delist?

The decision to put Stephenson on the market would have only occurred with the blessing of one Nathan Buckley.

Direct your anger in his direction first before anyone else if Stephenson goes to North Melbourne.

Why can't I blame them both?

Look I love the kid as well but horrible outcome?
Really?
This year made the 8 without much input from him.
Last year may the PF without him.
I hope he stays but horrible outcome is way over the top on his current body of work.
The concern I have is what Stephenson will produce in the future. I know not everyone rates him, but I can see this biting us on the arse big time in years to come, when Stephenson 1) Matures both in body and mind, and 2)gets back to what he is capable of, on the field. The day will come when he kicks 5 or 6 against us while whatever we get for him was delisted 3 years prior. I'm staggered that they don't seem to be prepared to show a bit of faith in an extremely talented kid.

Lol at trading Stephenson. This club...I don’t even know what to say anymore.

Time to wake up and realise that 2018 was nothing but random. They had us going there for a while, I must admit.

We need to stop back ending contracts. It’s a vicious cycle that led us to this sh*t show.

I agree, but I think a firesale losing players like Stephenson is not a good outcome, if you set to correct the position in 2-3 years with the retirement of players like Pendlebury, Sidebottom, etc and cut back the extent of contracts given to younger players you could reset the position without losing talented young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been a lot of people here already melting, but a lot of people saying they'll withhold judgement until 7:30pm tomorrow night.

Just quietly, I think Chief is gonna have to upgrade the server...
Server will be running fine. Only due to the fact I actually think some people from here are going to literally melt.

Anyone know who comes out of contract next year? Not sure we’d be able to retain many.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sier, Mayne, Cameron, Elliott, Rantall, Howe, Noble, Thomas, Pendles, Sidebottom, Langdon, Wilson, Bianco, Ruscoe

Trading Stephenson would break me.
I can accept the shit around Treloar but offloading a first round kid who is our best youngster on the list really in pursuit of another first rounder or worst settling for a second---is list management disaster.

Every player has a price and i understand that but this is outrageous list management to offload the best player in his draft year.

The concern I have is what Stephenson will produce in the future. I know not everyone rates him, but I can see this biting us on the arse big time in years to come, when Stephenson 1) Matures both in body and mind, and 2)gets back to what he is capable of, on the field. The day will come when he kicks 5 or 6 against us while whatever we get for him was delisted 3 years prior. I'm staggered that they don't seem to be prepared to show a bit of faith in an extremely talented kid.
I don't know the inner workings at the club like all the rest of us Pedro and I would love us to keep the kid.
However if the club are arming themselves for a serious tilt at the draft they would be looking for trade outs with value.
NOT the way I would go but it's a viable (if cold hearted) way to land a strong hand in the draft.
Even if I were to consider going that way I would want their 11 and some good steak knives.
Hope he stays but trying to trade up through selling off players worth late 3rd rounders and 4th rounders won't cut it.

I agree, but I think a firesale losing players like Stephenson is not a good outcome, if you set to correct the position in 2-3 years with the retirement of players like Pendlebury, Sidebottom, etc and cut back the extent of contracts given to younger players you could reset the position without losing talented young players.
Agree with you on principle. But as you can imagine, not a lot of faith in those in charge of our list management at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back