List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right, when it comes to incoherence and irrationality, you clearly out pointed CB.
It’s always the ones who aren’t even capable of pressing the post reply button, or tagging someone, who make declarations like ‘lol I wiped the floor with that guy’.

We need to recruit for the now Wright and Hogan have 6 and 7 years of development I them. We get a kid and we will have to put 6 years into them before we can expect anything out of them and by then it’s too late

Gee, I thought Rowell went okay for a 1st year player. Why do you assume draftees will all require 6 years of development?

I reckon Tigers would be after a late 1st or 2nd rounder for Higgins. I doubt they'd trade him for such a late pick.
Rendell was saying today he reckons he’ll probably be traded for an early 3rd.

The way Darcy Moore plays down back is the exact type of player we need up forward. Between Howe, Quaynor, Crisp, Maynard and Noble we get plenty of run out of the backline, we would need to find a new KPD which would be easier than finding a KPF.

To me, Darcy is also more on KPF money next year than back - not that he isn’t worth that as a back - but you know.
On trade radio today Matt Rendell declared we have a top 3 KPF on our list already but he’s the AA CHB. I tend to agree with him.

Gee, I thought Rowell went okay for a 1st year player. Why do you assume draftees will all require 6 years of development?
There aren’t historically many KPP who can come in and have an immediate impact, especially as a forward.

Is Rendell channelling Kane Cornes?

I’m assuming the club won’t make anymore decisions until list sizes are confirmed. I would definitely retire Langdon as I don’t think it is viable to keep a player with chronic knee injury on our list.

The others like Wills, and Appleby’s fate may rest on list sizes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. We no longer have the luxury of carrying a suspect player no matter good he is when on the park.

Sick of these ex club staff coming out to bag their ex club. Silvagni just as bad at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like it. I can appreciate some of his insights as a former recruiter, but a lot of the pies stuff stinks of bitterness.

There aren’t historically many KPP who can come in and have an immediate impact, especially as a forward.
This is true but I think McDonald will come on quickly because he’s already been playing at a high level in the WAFL against seasoned players and more than held his own.
I don’t know much about Tilthorpe or any others in the draft.

I've enquired about getting Crocker back but the Crows were asked too much.

They baulked at sending us their 2021 1st as well as pick 2 this year in order for us to agree to take Crocker back?

List managers at West Lakes are totally unreasonable.

Last edited:
You’re right, when it comes to incoherence and irrationality, you clearly out pointed CB.

Insert eye roll here Spinny, this poster seems to see it as extreme one way or the other, like there's no middle ground. Development will not help us no ifs buts or maybes. Yet in the same breath bags the game plan (game development - hello) and the list is unsalvageable. That's why I've used the ignore option.

This is true but I think McDonald will come on quickly because he’s already been playing at a high level in the WAFL against seasoned players and more than held his own.
I don’t know much about Tilthorpe or any others in the draft.
Maybe, but AFL defenders are a whole other level again. Who knows though, he might do a Jeremy Cameron and be a fun from day one.

KPF's usually do take a bit longer to come good to be fair. Midfielders play something closer to an AFL standard but KPF's don't have to deal with close checking KPD's of similar size with big tanks nor do they generally see much in the way of defensive structures at U18 level so it takes them longer to get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back