List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, which means if we were so desperate, we needed to move up the draft order to get ahead of Richmond. THat's not bad luck, it's just bad trading.
No live trading back then I guess.

Happy to play this game.

Pure stats, Brownlow votes, scoreboard impact, performance in finals, fantasy valuation... Where do you want to start?
How about Brownlow votes, Zach Merrett has 74, Adam Treloar has 62.

Matt Rendell I know but he just said that Dogs have an interest in Cox about giving English a chop out in the ruck as well playing fwd.

Could be why we’ve been linked to Dale/Scache. 2021 first + Cox for Dogs 2020 first + Schache & Dale??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Matt Rendell I know but he just said that Dogs have an interest in Cox about giving English a chop out in the ruck as well playing fwd.

Could be why we’ve been linked to Dale/Scache. 2021 first + Cox for Dogs 2020 first + Schache & Dale??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Schache and Dale yuck

What would Cox be worth? There are reports PA are poised to offer Allir Allir a 4 year-deal. I mentioned Allir Allir as a post suggested a direct swap Cox for Allir
If his salary is close to what’s being reported I’d be happy to let him go for nothing as a salary dump tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took me by surprise that we have been linked to Mason Cox By Matt Rendell

I heard him saying we’re chasing Merrett, but I didn’t hear him say we’d use pick 5 to get it done. Is that an assumption you’re making or am I just deaf?

Yes i think its an assumption. He was asked by Kane Kornes, "Do you think they are after him, or do you KNOW they are after him?" He said they are definitely after him to replace Treloar. My assumption is........The only way we get Merritt is by using what we get from GC for Treloar (which will be pick 5) so yes, my assumption by using the 1+1=2 method. ;)

It took me by surprise that we have been linked to Mason Cox By Matt Rendell

Yes. I think getting rid of Cox, and utilising his highly inflated salary on Cameron or even Brown/Gunston would be a huge upgrade, and really efficient use of salary cap.

HOWEVER, Wright/Hogan/Mccarthy/Schache/Mcdonald are NOT upgrades, and would most likely make us worse on field, as Cox does have some really strong synergy as a R/F that improves the performances of others.

Yes i think its an assumption. He was asked by Kane Kornes, "Do you think they are after him, or do you KNOW they are after him?" He said they are definitely after him to replace Treloar. My assumption is........The only way we get Merritt is by using what we get from GC for Treloar (which will be pick 5) so yes, my assumption by using the 1+1=2 method. ;)
Why the hell we dont take pick 5 to the draft if we do trade Treloar i cant understand this?
I would want pick 5 and future round 2. for Treloar.
Worse case scenario chase Dunkley not Merret

Can we bypass Merrett and just deal directly for Dunkley? He’s the better of the two.

Not even remotely true.

You’re taking the piss right? Dunkley has the scope to be the best midfielder in the game. Zerrett has had every opportunity under the sun to do so and he’s not. Zerrett probably has better nous to find the outside pill but Dunkley smashes him on the inside and it’s not even close. Dunkley also kicks more goals.
I think you’re definitely underestimating Dunkley’s worth.

To think he averaged 28 touches last year (14 contested, 5 clearances, 7 score involvements, 300m gained) along with over 6 tackles a game AND kicked a dozen goals to go along with it in a loaded midfield playing the first 6 rounds as a half forward ...
If he can get a clear run at playing purely inside midfield he is a genuine pig who has massive hurt factor and he’s BIG (190 and 88kg). He’s exactly what we need.

I was keeping it "in the realm of reality". I reckon that the suggestion that our best 22 is the equal of all other teams was the departure from reality. We have an abundance of top-tier defenders but massive holes in our midfield and forward line, especially once Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire. That's the reality.

Of those "best 25" players you name, none of Beams (LOL), Langdon, Phillips, Stephenson, Brown or Cox would have gotten a game in either of the Richmond or Geelong teams that just played off in the GF. Sidebottom and Howe might have made the cut but the reality is that their best footy is now sadly behind them. Other permanent fixtures in our side such as Thomas, Mayne, Madgen and WHE also would have failed to make the GF teams of Richmond or Geelong.

Over-rating our list continues to be one of the biggest things holding us back. We are not ruthless enough in our pursuit of excellence. At the very least, we need to have more players on our list whose best footy is still ahead of them than players who are past their peak or simply won't make it at AFL senior level. Presently, we have that equation the wrong way around.

I responded to you original post# 116 with a post #129, indicating all of the Top 4 teams had some deficiencies in the areas you’d pointed out for CFC.
So on a relative basis our list is not overrated, and certainly in respect to the Top4 stacks up well using your own criteria of deficiencies.

If an A grade Ruckman is added into the criteria, our relative position would have been strengthen against all Top 4 clubs, given their deficiency in that position.

So by your own criteria and definitions, “ massive holes ” exist in the lists of all Top 4 teams, and not just CFC.

You’re taking the piss right? Dunkley has the scope to be the best midfielder in the game. Zerrett has had every opportunity under the sun to do so and he’s not. Zerrett probably has better nous to find the outside pill but Dunkley smashes him on the inside and it’s not even close. Dunkley also kicks more goals.
I think you’re definitely underestimating Dunkley’s worth.

To think he averaged 28 touches last year (14 contested, 5 clearances, 7 score involvements, 300m gained) along with over 6 tackles a game AND kicked a dozen goals to go along with it in a loaded midfield playing the first 6 rounds as a half forward ...
If he can get a clear run at playing purely inside midfield he is a genuine pig who has massive hurt factor and he’s BIG (190 and 88kg). He’s exactly what we need.
I think you'll find that the reason Essendon are chasing Dunkley is because they know Merrett is coming to us. We don't have a hope in hell of getting Dunkley because we can't afford what he's been offered

Yes. I think getting rid of Cox, and utilising his highly inflated salary on Cameron or even Brown/Gunston would be a huge upgrade, and really efficient use of salary cap.

HOWEVER, Wright/Hogan/Mccarthy/Schache/Mcdonald are NOT upgrades, and would most likely make us worse on field, as Cox does have some really strong synergy as a R/F that improves the performances of others.

For me there are 3 upgrades from the players you mentioned, possibly 4, but that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back