List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Rendell has basically just been flinging whatever comes to his mind out there, even if it's not realistic. Pretty sure one of his ideas was for us to ship off Grundy, Treloar and De Goey all in this one summer
Same bloke who talked up the Dogs NGA kid Cody Raak as a top 20 pick, when he didn't even get a combine invite. Us on the Dogs board are convinced he got him confused with Cody Brand (the Essendon NGA kid)

Matt Rendell I know but he just said that Dogs have an interest in Cox about giving English a chop out in the ruck as well playing fwd.

Could be why we’ve been linked to Dale/Scache. 2021 first + Cox for Dogs 2020 first + Schache & Dale??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sold

prefer him to Schache

Prefer bringing Jesse White back to Schache.

Collingwood out: 2021 1st round selection, 2020 pick 35, 2020 pick 37
Collingwood in:2020 1st round selection (Western Bulldogs), 2021 2nd round selection (Western Bulldogs), 2021 3rd round selection (Western Bulldogs)

While possible trade scenarios are endless if something more beneficial for either party doesn't eventuate then the above trade makes sense to me.

While we take on more risk as the true valuation of Nick Daicos wont be known for another 12 months given the positivity surrounding him it's probably a risk worth taking.

With this trade the Western Bulldogs will end up with 2 live selections in 2021 plus their NGA player in 2020.

For Collingwood we end up with possibly 2 live selections plus Reef in 2020 (or 1 live selection plus our NGA player) and Daicos in 2021.

Important also is the swapping of 2nd and 3rd round selections between the clubs that will help the Bulldogs pay for their NGA player this season and Daicos next year for us.

Just thinking about it again... the Grundy and Treloar 5+ year contracts are massive head scratchers. At best 4 years... only players you sign up that long are superstars who bring in a lot of money off field as much as on field... also maybe team captains or leaders... at least even if they are injured or declined, they bring in leadership and other qualities. I do believe now that Treloar is being shopped... and I would also think next year Grundy might be shopped also, he had a below average season so his value is shot at the moment... so if he plays well enough, I see Adelaide or Port Adelaide being trade partners, maybe they make him their captain.

Legit better than ours though hahahahahahahah
If they got Dunks along with Shiel Parish McGrath Zerrett Heppell and Caldwell their midfield would be scary.
They’re really not. Our midfield always smashed theirs aside from this year. Counting that one as an anomaly.

I don’t mind getting rid of Cox. But for Schache?? I might spew. Cox has more of a presence on the field than Schache and when he is on he can turn games around. Schache doesn’t do that he is soft and is 10cm shorter than Cox. Cox straightens us up so I would not trade him away for somebody that cannot do that. I am not against Schache but this deal is a complete downgrade
yeah, Cox is better than Schache... only advantage with Schache is age...

Cox is someone who can kick 3-5 goals against a favorable matchup... especially if the opposition dont double team him.... I cannot see Schache doint near that, maybe he could but he has yet to show the ability to.

Dogs seriously overpaying there. Our 2020 1st is worth more than your future for a start, and you're then valuing Schache and Dale collectively as less than Cox
Rofl, how on earth is your first pick in a super compromised draft, to the point 12 will probably end up being 15-16, worth more than our next years first, in a stronger, less compromised draft...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll take Skinner for sure .... wouldn’t cost much and being shown the door bc they’re getting Daniher.
Shown the door because he’s done 3 ACLs in an even shorter amount of time than Shaz did.....

Prefer bringing Jesse White back to Schache.
I don't want Schache. He is a good mark and kick but his leading patterns are poor. As Loki suggested earlier today... If we do get him he should be trialled at FB or CHF. He may be better if he is led to the ball because he is not working as a forward.

Last edited:
The US would definitely still function without Cox.
thats what I thought until Cox was out for several games this season and Pies looked worse... also last year in the finals...

Cox draws multiple defenders and it really helps the smaller forwards who crumbs around him. All Cox has to do is keep drawing defenders and ensure the ball goes to ground near the crumbers.

No mention of Grundy but the Herald Sun article relating to Treloar stated "Tom Phillips and Mason Cox are also set to attract interest over the next few weeks with Sydney Swans desperately chasing a new ruckman"

They can have Cox. Funny they Traded us a Ruck Last Year and now they are Desperate for 1

Yes. I think getting rid of Cox, and utilising his highly inflated salary on Cameron or even Brown/Gunston would be a huge upgrade, and really efficient use of salary cap.

HOWEVER, Wright/Hogan/Mccarthy/Schache/Mcdonald are NOT upgrades, and would most likely make us worse on field, as Cox does have some really strong synergy as a R/F that improves the performances of others.

We don't have the Salary Cap or Currency for a Big Upgrade

My friend a Suns Board member said to me 2 weeks ago when all the Treloar stuff came out “ don’t believe a word that is written in the papers about Treloar not leaving, we are into him big time and our pick 5 is on the table for a suitable trade”
I said what about 2MP and he said his $600k contract is our biggest issue. He said they had to pay big bucks on his last contract after losing Lynch and May.
If he came to us as part of the Treloar deal we would have to balance out the $1.2m over the next 2 years with a 3 year contract at $1.4m ( $465k per year)

than would bring in pick 5 and a win win for both clubs. Pies then dumping off Treloar’s 5 year contract and about $2.6m in cap space over that timeframe.
No doubt in my mind if that’s the case, that we are gunning for Will Phillips in the draft. Plays straight away and we relieve the cap.

thats what I thought until Cox was out for several games this season and Pies looked worse... also last year in the finals...

Cox draws multiple defenders and it really helps the smaller forwards who crumbs around him. All Cox has to do is keep drawing defenders and ensure the ball goes to ground near the crumbers.
Literally any forward over 200cm can play that role.

Cmon mate ... we don’t have the draft capital required to do all the things we need to get right this offseason.
Zerrett is long down the list of needs I would’ve thought and given the price tag that accompanies him I think it’s a bit ridiculous to assume it’s any more than asking the question.

I would have thought the same thing but I think the Pies might have him as our number one target. I also think we are a big chance to get Gunston and we will get 2MP in the Treloar deal. Cox, WHE, Phillips all will be traded, we will have plenty of cap space. There are going to be some serious changes this off season because it is Bucks last year and let's face it the club knows we need extra quality to compete with the big boys ,to be fair to him, he deserves in his tenth year a chance to have a real crack next year. If we don't trade up this year, I reckon Bucks will be under pressure. I am not a huge Bucks supporter but given some decent trades and a better game plan and you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back