List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait until trade period is over it’s doing my head it.

Will be interesting hearing the powers that be at the club finally speak.

If Treloar and Stevo leave along with the retirees we can’t have that much of a cap squeeze.

And if all we are relying on the draft to replace the guys leaving we won’t be making the 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't understand the logic of trading Stephenson. Why not back end De Goeys contract and just commit to retiring off a few players prematurely and carry more draft kids over the next few years? Stephenson traded out this year is going to result in a horrible outcome.

Last edited:
Why would you let one of your contracted players tour a club and not suss our what the other club is prepared to pay?
2nd rounder?
Delusion

I can't understand the logic of trading Stephenson. Why not back end De Goes contract and just commit to retiring off a few players prematurely and carry more draft kids over the next few years? Stephenson traded out this year is going to result in a horrible outcome.

Think the Bucks has lost Faith in him and Stepho is not a Robot so Bucks can't Control him well

Why would you let one of your contracted players tour a club and not suss our what the other club is prepared to pay?
2nd rounder?
Delusion
There are some seriously ordinary players being sold for late 1st/early 2nd this trade period... so more than stephenson

I can't understand the logic of trading Stephenson. Why not back end De Goes contract and just commit to retiring off a few players prematurely and carry more draft kids over the next few years? Stephenson traded out this year is going to result in a horrible outcome.
I can only hope that we’re a trading him based on his previous two years form, not 2020. But who knows we perform really poorly at the trade table.

Am an hour behind (about 7 pages) on this thread and still reading through but have we considered:

A) North Melbourne approached Stephenson a lot earlier than this week and Stephenson told us a lot earlier than this week that he was going (hence checked out attitude, in and out of side)... AND

B) Maybe we're asking for pick 2, North offering 28. Negotiation says we end up with 11 "if we throw in Atu" (whom is worthless in a trade anyway mind you)

Look I love the kid as well but horrible outcome?
Really?
This year made the 8 without much input from him.
Last year may the PF without him.
I hope he stays but horrible outcome is way over the top on his current body of work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only hope that we’re a trading him based on his previous two years form, not 2020. But who knows we perform really poorly at the trade table.

I understand the feeling, as soon as we said we wanted to move on Ben Brown his value went down like the Titanic.

I'm still keeping my powder dry until the end of tomorrow.

Depending on the outcome will depend if I join in the chorus. Fingers crossed these reports are desinged to create drama as suspected.

Treloar I can understand, but you don’t give away young high end talent for the chance of maybe bringing in young high end talent.
I was replying about players on lists already,
I don’t know what’s going on with Stephenson, but unless it’s an out of this world deal, l would rather him stay.
There is no way that the last comments about the coach and him is true, and the pay well that’s made up.you of all people on here, should know that.
If we only get a second for him, l will be extremely disappointed, and join the mob.
Just got to wait and see.

Someone with close GC academy contacts - I assume a parent says that Collingwood is very into Max Pescud. One of the GC academy products.

Haven't seen him play but all his match reports make it sound like he has Jaidyn Stephenson type skills.. maybe one out and one in..

No doubt we would take him if we had enough list spots but think we're full to the brim.

You know what, given the way we manage salary cap, players & recruiting ability, this means SFA!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately the answers we are seeking won’t be revealed until they are gone, which is very frustrating.

Sounds like yet another player rumour that sounded ridiculous is true.....again.

Were we linked to Mason Wood a little while ago?

IF we lose Stepho (and Gunston is too hard to get) for a draft pick could we look at Wood as a cheap DFA? Tall, rangy, mature (27yo) but injury prone. Could play mobile, 3rd tall fwd?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mihocek?

We need to stop back ending contracts. It’s a vicious cycle that led us to this shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back